Josh Thomson with the most realistic take on Khabib vs Conor

datsyuk

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Very interesting debate between Thomson and Schaub on who takes this one. Timestamped.

Last edited:
Khabib nullify Conor, making him looking some sort of bitch in the process
Ufc will not like it, is like theyr last true cash cow

Thompson is wasting his breath on this Irish ball gobbler.

50/50 fight for me.

Khabib get's sparked out early by Conor or Khabib skull fucks the shit out of Conor on the ground.

sidekick to Khabib's knee and it's all over

This is fair. I have it 60/40 for Khabib. Could go either way.

sidekick to Khabib's knee and it's all over
Khabib post knee surgery has taken leg kicks just fine. Enough oblique kicks will change that but putting your leg at risk of getting grabbed ain't worth it imo.

Khabib post knee surgery has taken leg kicks just fine. Enough oblique kicks will change that but putting your leg at risk of getting grabbed ain't worth it imo.
I think I take most sensible people's side on this. Conor can tag him, but Khabib can take him down and hold him there too. Classic striker vs grappler

50/50 fight for me.

Khabib get's sparked out early by Conor or Khabib skull fucks the shit out of Conor on the ground.
Honestly it's going one way or the other. But Schaub just cannot be reasoned with when it comes to Conor.

I think I take most sensible people's side on this. Conor can tag him, but Khabib can take him down and hold him there too. Classic striker vs grappler
Yeah. The problem Conor runs into is that Khabib is hard to counter because he just doesn't throw against good strikers. He threw like maybe 4 jabs and 1 straight in the first round with MJ. Baiting him to striking is a bitch because he knows he doesn't have to.

With that said, Conor can still give him hell on the feet. He is fast and precise. If he can manage the distance like a master and not let Khabib get a hold of him, he can pull it off.

Pushing forward against Khabib is not ideal since he'll clinch you, and backing up is worse since he'll push you against the cage. Plus, he has solid defense so he can stall until he gets an opening.

This is either man's fight.

Honestly it's going one way or the other. But Schaub just cannot be reasoned with when it comes to Conor.
Yeah he's been like this since Conor's nude shoot.

I'd make Conor a favorite because Conor's ground game is a lot better than Khabib's standup. I think Conor could survive for a while if it went to the ground but Khabib won't last long on the feet. Khabib needs an early takedown because if he only gets it 3,4 minutes into a round Conor can survive until the end of the round and then Khabib has to deal with his standup again.

Didn't watch, don't care.

Unless his take is that Conor changes his name, and moves to a foreign country with productive exchange rates to avoid the inevitable mauling that will take place, its inaccurate.

I don't think it's instantly over if Khabib gets a takedown. But if he keeps Conor down for an period of time, or is able to land them easily from the start.. yea it's his fight.

Khabib deserves to be the favorite, but we saw Conor vs Mendes, Conor got taken down, got beat up, and got back to his feet and won. Khabib is going to have to break him, I expect it to stay interesting for 2 rounds.

Then Khabib smash, if he doesn't get knocked out before that.

Decision is not likely at all

MJ was landing well on Khabib early and had him stunned a few times. Conor probably tko's him in the first.

MJ was landing well on Khabib early and had him stunned a few times. Conor probably tko's him in the first.
MJ landed 3 clean shots and a few leg kicks. At no point was Khabib stunned. The shot that supposedly stunned him, the right hook, landed clean but Khabib's senses were sharp enough to avoid the follow ups and immediate pressure forward again.

Conor could finish him early but TKOing would be difficult if he's unwilling to follow him to the ground. Otherwise he'd have to aim for a clean KO witch is not easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back