Josh Thomson with the most realistic take on Khabib vs Conor

Can people fuck off with this?! Khabib was hardly fazed. People just think that because Joe was yelling about it.

Here is Khabib right after the punch. Does he look rocked to you?
giphy.gif

these people doesnt know what rocked means. they fantasy around.
when someone gets rocked they loose part of the awareness.

“When I get rocked, I get a weird taste in my mouth and everything kind of goes white.”

“It's a very weird feeling; sometimes you don't even know where you are. (he laughs) It's kind of like when a TV gets out of sintony and then gets back real fast.”

“It kind of feels like your head is full of water, and you don’t have full control over your body for a second. From what I remember, it sounds like you have cups over your ears too.”

“It's been a long time since my noggin's been rocked, but it leaves a lasting impression... It kinda feels like you're instantly a six pack deep. Then you've got to fake sobriety, like comin’ home late in high school!”

http://www.mmasportsmag.com/fighttalk_rocked.htm

I'm not even being funny here... you should actually get some kind of trophy or something on this site for actually looking at the fight & checking out the time stamps. I can't tell you how many people just troll onward without looking at actual data that's been presenting to them. On the real... well done. It's a pleasure to talk to someone who actually wants to have a conversation about it.

We do disagree about that first shot though. It happened quick & Khabib recovered from it... (as you said) but walking through a good shot is a testament to his chin... not valid though in a conversation about how many legit shots MJ landed in that sequence. That first one that made his head twist sideways & wince. That's a legit shot.

So the convo is about Thompson saying that MJ hit Khabib once. I'm glad you are recognizing 2. That's a start... but MJ landed 4 legit head shots to the head during that sequence as well as a couple of body shots.
Oh yeah, you were making intelligent convo and provided support for your points. I respect that so of course I checked out the time stamps. It's always good to have an intellectual debate. Glad that you agree, always a pleasure to talk with you.

MJ landed 4 good shots yes. 2 were particularly effective while the others fell short. That I can definitely agree with. Thompson was using hyperbole to get his point across but you have to admit the difference between 1 and 4 shots is pretty silly. But yes. 4 good head shots were landed.

I don't particularly agree with the first punch. It more seemed that Khabib rolled with it at the last second or it just straight up did not bother him (which would be pretty impressive). There was just no lasting effect to the strike which makes me think that something took away from the impact. Maybe moving backwards, maybe a late head slip, or possibly Khabib's chin is just really solid. Still, I can agree that it was significant.

And like I said there was a shot leading up to the right and the right cross itself that landed clean. After that he was swinging at air. MJ is fast and caught him those few times. The effectiveness of those shots gets overhyped. They never stunned or rocked him like is often claimed BUT he did land them clean and did hurt him. That is undeniable.

Oh no, this is bad

You think Khabib bumping up to 170 wrestle fucks Nate Diaz, let alone wins the fight!

No, Khabib gets counter wrestled and peppered with jabs until hes either submitted or fought to a decision

Is this a joke? Khabib is the worst fight possible for Nate. Khabib is the exact fighter that has been UDing Diaz brothers since they started

Can people fuck off with this?! Khabib was hardly fazed. People just think that because Joe was yelling about it.

Here is Khabib right after the punch. Does he look rocked to you?
giphy.gif
Exactly. When you get rocked or stunned you are not completely aware of whats going on. Your legs are shot and your reaction time is out the window. Khabib gets hit clean, follows MJ's movements, evades the shots, and prepositions himself. If he were rocked he would not have displayed that level of awareness in that soon after being hit.

Conor
10/10 Striking
7/10 Grappling

Khabib
10/10 Grappling
3/10 Striking

do the math. The best strikers in the sport get butchered by Conor. Imagine what he would do to Khabib, who literally closes his eyes and lunges forward swinging.

Terrible argument! First of all, Khabib has never been finished on the feet. Conor has been finished on the ground 3 times.

Even if Conor was a million times better on the ground then Khabib is on the feet, Khabib still has a WAY better chance of taking Conor down then Conor does of keeping the fight on the feet

Josh makes a great point to compliment my argument that Eddie only had to clinch Conor against the fence for 1 or 2 rounds to wear him out and damage his body.

Conor is very weak with grappling and clinching against people who are very proficient at it... Conor needs distance to win.

As a purely reactionary and refleive post to your response I'd suggest looking at his (nates) fight against Melvin Guillard.

I don't know I have to go for a while thnaks
Guillard? As in the Guillard he fought in 2009? The same one that was a low level high school wrestler? That is your basis for your innane logic that Nate would beat Khabib? Ok let's take this step by step.

Yes, I have seen that fight. Right off the bell Nate gets hit flush on the chin and goes down. Melvin spends the early parts going for a lot of slow single shots on Diaz. He gets taken down by Nate (showing no TDD) and gets right back up. He then proceeds to effortlessly throw Diaz. He makes no attempt to keep dominant position and just stands up. Guillard gets taken down again and gets up with minimal effort. They trade shots with Guillard landing less but more damaging shots. Round ends with Nate failing a half guard pull.

Next round goes the same as the first on the feet. Guillard throws Nate again only to stand right back up. Guillard charges in like an idiot and gets caught in a Guillotine which he barely tries to defend.

Please tell me what aspect of this fight show how Nate would have any success against Khabib. Because if you are sugguesting that Guillard and Khabib are even remotely similar then you are out of your fucking mind.

Conor
10/10 Striking
7/10 Grappling

Khabib
10/10 Grappling
3/10 Striking

do the math. The best strikers in the sport get butchered by Conor. Imagine what he would do to Khabib, who literally closes his eyes and lunges forward swinging.
This type of shit just shows you how sad the state of MMA fans are with delusional thinking. Conor might be 7/10 against top 20 fighters, but against top10, he's a 4/10 at best, and against an Elite grappler like Khabib, he's a 1/10 amateur level.

His distance control is good, but overrated due to the Eddie fight. He couldn't keep Nate off of him whenever he pushed forward (Floyd too, but not counting that) and Chad "Mini" Mendes had no problems closing distance on Conor
Conor looked frail and labored that whole fight, that clearly wasn't a good showing. And he had great distance vs Nate until round 2 gets out of the first khabib will win anyway so who cares. First round Conor is a beast

Interesting fight. If Khabib can hold him down it wont go well for Mcgregor. But the fight I want to see... Mcgregor - Ferguson. Think it could be very exciting.

And he had great distance vs Nate until round 2

Every time Nate walked forward he easily closed the distance. And saying Conor looked bad is not a good excuse. He looked bad because it was the first time he fought someone who was trying to take him down

actually that would stop it quite good
No it won't. You need to put Khabib's lights completely out with one shot to stop him from taking you down. If you can't do that, he is going to keep coming and eventually get to you.

No it won't. You need to put Khabib's lights completely out with one shot to stop him from taking you down. If you can't do that, he is going to keep coming and eventually get to you.
do you know what TKO means? it means the fight ends you silly goose. do you mean he'll come after him in the rematch?

How is it realistic when they are teammates ?

Poor attempt.

I actually agree with the 50 50 assessment. Conor can totally finish this on the feet, as he has amazing timing and precision, but if he gets taken down in this match up he's in real trouble.

Back