Jose Aldo will be the first former champion ever to win an immediate rematch after being finished

WEC Aldo would get it done, but current Aldo doesn't have the same killer instinct or heat on his strikes.

Holloway will finish him again in the deep rounds imo.

Your probly right

It’s a young mans game these days ,proven time and time again.

Injury hinders fighters from using there best weapons

3X undisputed champ is being pretty generous since the 2nd time the UFC gifted him the belt after McGregor moved on. And before this "McGregor ran from a rematch", it was Aldo who blatantly refused the rematch when offered. "Anytime, anywhere" <Lmaoo>
The rematch was offered at 155lbs with no belt on the line, so yes McGregor did run away from the 145 division abandoning the belt.

Aldo looked great against Frankie less than one and a half years ago, I won't write him off. But I think Max is too durable, has too much stamina and his physical attributes give him too much of an advantage to pick Aldo.

War Aldo let’s see if he actually uses leg kicks or not

A dope fight, aldo is definitely past his prime but he's still very good like all goat level fighters. I expect to go like the first fight , competitive, but max will eventually wear him down.

Unless aldo catches him with something big I can't see the victory for him at this stage. I see A lot of people talking about aldo needing to return to the leg kicks. Against max I think this is a bad idea, it'll leave even more exposed to the right hand and may get himself caught early, again when speed isn't on your side, those kicks can get you knocked out very quickly. Either way , great fight , great match up for a replacement bout and has the potential to have a Cinderella story line for aldo, perhaps even putting him in line for that coveted McGregor rematch. A long shot, but if anyone can do it it's joezay.

I hope bring belt backnowledge to Brazil
I'd favor Max, but anyone counting Aldo out is crazy. He adds his leg kicks in this time, his hands are great, i think he can win. Max is super good at figuring his opponents out eventually then turning it up. and Aldo just boxing last time was not a good gameplan. If he's healthy and varies his attack, he can definitely win.

Agree

That really was a beatdown. Good ol' Randy

It was depressed Vitor who sister went missing and never found. She went missing January 9th 2004. It took Vitor years and him become religious to get over it and be good fighter again. Both time he fight randy he look like crap cause his sister went missing same year and he had to know she was probably sold into sexual slavery.

TRT vitor smashes any version of Couture.

Mark hominic pounded on aldo for the last two rounds of their fight. That was 6 years ago and hominic is nowhere near as good as max.

Aldo hasn't improved measurably since then . Max on the other hand improved every fight
It was only the 5th and Aldo was sick as a dog and had 0 cardio at the time

Mark hominic pounded on aldo for the last two rounds of their fight. That was 6 years ago and hominic is nowhere near as good as max.

Aldo hasn't improved measurably since then . Max on the other hand improved every fight

If I remember correctly, the last round was the only round that Hominic "pounded on Aldo." Not to mention that Aldo had the flu during the fight. Anyway, I'm not sure what that has to do with the Max fight at all. Aldo has beaten much better opposition than Hominic since that fight. Is Frankie Edgar nowhere near as good as Max?

Max is better everywhere, Aldo only has a puncher's chance.

Holloway beat him decisively. I suspect the rematch will be worse.
re watch the fight, aldo looked really good and decisively won the first 2 rounds before getting smashed in the third. It wasn't the blowout people remember I watched it the other day when I was bored. wasn't a blow out

I really hope he wins, but I think Holloway beats him again. Maybe by decision this time.

Aldo is my all time favorite fighter. Like Holloway too...to be honest I'm not sure who will win the rematch.

I hope bring belt backnowledge to Brazil

Agree

It was depressed Vitor who sister went missing and never found. She went missing January 9th 2004. It took Vitor years and him become religious to get over it and be good fighter again. Both time he fight randy he look like crap cause his sister went missing same year and he had to know she was probably sold into sexual slavery.

TRT vitor smashes any version of Couture.

Randy fought Vitor years before that as well and beat him down then. Back when Vitor was a HW on the juice.

Definitely has a chance. Counting Aldo out of a fight is ludicrous. Guy is such an insane fighter.

This is a really interesting rematch.

Aldo's distinct advantage over Max, on paper, are his leg kicks. These are a BIG part of his game. He barely through a single kick, so I'm inclined to believe this leg injury excuse over all his other excuses in the past, because he did not use them at all. It was a weird Aldo performance.

Aldo was also winning the fight right up until Max caught him with the one-two. It's not like Max just walked through him. He caught him good, but before that point it seemed like Aldo was doing what he usually does, less the leg kicks.

However...

Aldo is getting on, and has now been KO'd twice in his last three fights. He also tends to coast in latter rounds, and Max gives absolutely no breathing room. Aldo will need to keep his cardio and wits about him for the full 25 minutes if he can't put him away.

Aldo can only go down from here athletically...while Max can (and is) only going up. To me it's all about whether Aldo can capitalise on leg kicks early on, and use that to throw Max off his rhythm, because once the Blessed One gets going and starts finding his mark, he is relentless like no one else.

I'm pretty excited for this fight, as far as rematches go, anyway. I'm sliding with Max, but it's easy to forget how good Aldo is with the way this boards shits on him.

Back