Jose Aldo will be the first former champion ever to win an immediate rematch after being finished

Mark hominic pounded on aldo for the last two rounds of their fight. That was 6 years ago and hominic is nowhere near as good as max.

Aldo hasn't improved measurably since then . Max on the other hand improved every fight
Lol, are you high? the 4th round of that fight, Aldo landed huge leg kicks, knocked Hominick down and gave him a second head. 4th round was total domination by Aldo. da fuq are you talking about?

hasn't improved since then? beats frankie twice, florian, mendes, Korean Zombie, Lamas ... yea he's just coasted since Hominick ... smh.

Honda's rematch was immediate from her perspective since she didn't have to earn her way back.

Aldo is nowhere near done. He's still a top 3 guy and can probably beat everyone else but Max. I think Max just has the style to beat Aldo more times than not.

This is a really interesting rematch.

Aldo's distinct advantage over Max, on paper, are his leg kicks. These are a BIG part of his game. He barely through a single kick, so I'm inclined to believe this leg injury excuse over all his other excuses in the past, because he did not use them at all. It was a weird Aldo performance.

Aldo was also winning the fight right up until Max caught him with the one-two. It's not like Max just walked through him. He caught him good, but before that point it seemed like Aldo was doing what he usually does, less the leg kicks.

However...

Aldo is getting on, and has now been KO'd twice in his last three fights. He also tends to coast in latter rounds, and Max gives absolutely no breathing room. Aldo will need to keep his cardio and wits about him for the full 25 minutes if he can't put him away.

Aldo can only go down from here athletically...while Max can (and is) only going up. To me it's all about whether Aldo can capitalise on leg kicks early on, and use that to throw Max off his rhythm, because once the Blessed One gets going and starts finding his mark, he is relentless like no one else.

I'm pretty excited for this fight, as far as rematches go, anyway. I'm sliding with Max, but it's easy to forget how good Aldo is with the way this boards shits on him.
Agreed. Max gets hit by a ton of leg kicks, and Aldo has the hardest ones in maybe all of MMA. why he didn't use them in the first fight, not sure. Maybe an injury. But if Max gets hammered by 10 leg kicks by Aldo in the first 3 rounds, his ability to turn it up in the championship rounds could be seriously diminished. One thing for sure, you can't just box Max, unless you have Diaz level toughness and cardio which Aldo does not.
This is gonna be a great rematch, leaning toward Max, but would not be surprised for Aldo to pull off an upset if he uses all his weapons and fights smart.

Aldo hurt Max in the first round. This time he will finish him.

Surprised Aldo took this on short notice
It is called "McGregor effect"
After accepting fight with McGregor, you will never fear anything for the rest of your life.

Surprised Aldo took this on short notice
He had basically a full camp anyway as he was training for the Lamas fight. It was only short notice in the fact that his opponent changed.

People keeping saying stupid shit like "Aldo hasn't been the same for a while now". I hope these same people aren't picking Frankie to beat Holloway. Right before the Holloway fight Edgar got humiliated again by Aldo. I was one of the many people who thought Aldo wouldn't look the same and he ran through Edgar just as easily as he did the first time. What Max did was impressive and I did not think he would win that fight.

Rough month @Toner; GSP puts Bisping to sleep, Anderoid pops again and Aldo gets pounded out .....again. Don't worry next year will be better, how could it be any worse for you.

<36>

Another pointless stat Aldo has missed out on

Back