Jose Aldo will be the first former champion ever to win an immediate rematch after being finished

Toner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When he beats Max Holloway to become the only fighter in MMA history to be a 3X Undisputed UFC champion.

War Aldo!

F04F62FE-7900-4F2A-8D05-E31D4197579B.jpeg

DBB72EF6-B6DC-42E4-A5FD-7B2D0C983AA9.jpeg

4A4B031B-0296-455A-80B7-F0893183944C.jpeg

1DF50990-7EDC-45AA-A9ED-86FBDDA9343D.jpeg

1BFC5E35-2788-4627-A965-D6ACBA21876A.jpeg

DBF2B792-84B6-460B-B99E-656E59171377.jpeg

46BCCBA1-4B04-4085-A4D4-BF65174DC7B8.jpeg

4BC1B20B-17AF-4F96-8B4E-FB8208171B98.jpeg

Last edited:
nah, i don't see it happening. aldo is done.

Holloway beat him decisively. I suspect the rematch will be worse.

That's actually a pretty crazy statistic.

Well, Randy technically lost by TKO then beat the shit out of Vitor.

I think Aldo looks better but still gets worn down and finished late

tumblr_or09z18Ndp1rofocqo1_500.gif

Expect this again at some point

I wouldn’t rule out Aldo. As long as he utilized all his tools.

I'd favor Max, but anyone counting Aldo out is crazy. He adds his leg kicks in this time, his hands are great, i think he can win. Max is super good at figuring his opponents out eventually then turning it up. and Aldo just boxing last time was not a good gameplan. If he's healthy and varies his attack, he can definitely win.

I wouldn’t rule out Aldo. As long as he utilized all his tools.

He has a chance, he is a great fighter.

I just think its much more likely the younger fighter adapts and improves more than the older, 10+ year vet.

A lot of people are counting Aldo out. He won the first two rounds against Max so it wasn't as if he got completely dominated. He got caught. It happens. I think the reason that he got caught was because he slowed down a bit and that makes the rematch interesting too. Max seems to be far more durable than Aldo at this point so if Aldo doesn't ko Max early and he slows down again, the same thing could happen. I think it's a 50/50 fight, but Max certainly deserves to be the favorite. It's just strange to see so many think Aldo has zero chance to win.

I hope you're right. I don't think you will be.

Interesting rematch for sure. I think Max is here to stay though.

Max looks to be at the top of his game, and Aldo hasn't been the same as he was for a couple years now.

I'd love Aldo to win, it'd set up a sick trilogy, but I really think his best days are well behind him. He's lost a fraction of a step, and a lot of his mental game, it'd take a miracle tbh.

He WAS a predator in the cage, but now he looks to survive like lots of fighters do, and that takes away a lot of his effectiveness.

WEC Aldo would get it done, but current Aldo doesn't have the same killer instinct or heat on his strikes.

Holloway will finish him again in the deep rounds imo.

A lot of people are counting Aldo out. He won the first two rounds against Max so it wasn't as if he got completely dominated. He got caught. It happens. I think the reason that he got caught was because he slowed down a bit and that makes the rematch interesting too. Max seems to be far more durable than Aldo at this point so if Aldo doesn't ko Max early and he slows down again, the same thing could happen. I think it's a 50/50 fight, but Max certainly deserves to be the favorite. It's just strange to see so many think Aldo has zero chance to win.

Mark hominic pounded on aldo for the last two rounds of their fight. That was 6 years ago and hominic is nowhere near as good as max.

Aldo hasn't improved measurably since then . Max on the other hand improved every fight

Back