Jones won 2, 4, 5...its time to DEAL WITH IT.

masterless

Sherdog Veteran
Reaction score
Enough with the Gus VS Jones "controversy." Lets instead celebrate on how it was such a great back n' forth battle and the 1st fight which really had Jones in trouble in his career.

If you hate Jones, fine, continue to wallow in misery until Gus and him have their rematch. However, stop making stupid threads discrediting Jones because all youre really doing is taking away credit from what a superb performance we saw from Gus.

Its been established that Jones won 2,4, & 5. Its in the history books and the more you bicker wont change a god damn thing. Time to DEAL WITH IT and move on...

You're right. It was the best fight in UFC history and could have been scored for either fighter but Jones won and we have to accept that. It would be a lot easier for people to accept if their was a rematch coming up but now that there's not at least for another 6 months or so it'll be hard for many to find closure until theirs a second fight. Kind of like Shogun-Machida I.

I scored it the same as you: 2,4,5 for JBJ, 1,3 for Gus, 48-47 the champion.

However, I don't see how you can be so definitive over this, to the point that you'd make an angry thread like this. Gustafsson was boxing Jones up all through the 4th round until within the last minute, so even though I personally give the round to Bones because he did more damage and had more success overall, I'm well aware of the counterargument that could lead someone to score that round a 10-10, or even 10-9 Gus.

I think you should deal with the fact that it was a close fight with a controversial result, and that you are not some infallible judge that can decree how everyone should perceive hard-fought, competitive rounds of action.

Enough with the Gus VS Jones "controversy." Lets instead celebrate on how it was such a great back n' forth battle and the 1st fight which really had Jones in trouble in his career.

If you hate Jones, fine, continue to wallow in misery until Gus and him have their rematch. However, stop making stupid threads discrediting Jones because all youre really doing is taking away credit from what a superb performance we saw from Gus.

Its been established that Jones won 2,4, & 5. Its in the history books and the more you bicker wont change a god damn thing. Time to DEAL WITH IT and move on...

IMO he won 2,4 and 5 too, but it was far from being decisive dude. In fact he was getting tagged for 4 minutes in that 4th round before he landed that elbow

I had it 50-45 for both guys. Should've either been a spilt decision or a submission.

I had it Rickson by Armbar, but, I was wrong.

This is a new and exciting thread.

lol

Gus won round 4 imo.
(everyone thinks some damn elbow that stuns someone wins a round). He was not almost finished, he did not get dropped and he seemed to recover in the end when he tossed jones to the ground. Add in the rest of the round the gus was winning than id still give it to him.

I had it Rickson by Armbar, but, I was wrong.

BUXSZT1CQAAtJb5.jpg

Gus won round 4 imo.
(everyone thinks some damn elbow that stuns someone wins a round). He was not almost finished, he did not get dropped and he seemed to recover in the end when he tossed jones to the ground. Add in the rest of the round the gus was winning than id still give it to him.

You now how much i hate Jones and how much i love Gus; Jones won round 4. Gus shit it away.

This is no where near the controversy that Diaz vs Condit was nor as bad or odd of a decision as Machida VS Shogun 1.

Just get over it folks...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back