Jones won 2, 4, 5...its time to DEAL WITH IT.

This is no where near the controversy that Diaz vs Condit was nor as bad or odd of a decision as Machida VS Shogun 1.

Just get over it folks...

don't tell me what to do, you are not my master. I am .......... Masterless.

Fight was a coin-toss. Everybody saying that Jones definitely won and everybody saying that Gus definitely won are full of shit and should be ignored.

Gus won round 4 imo.
(everyone thinks some damn elbow that stuns someone wins a round). He was not almost finished, he did not get dropped and he seemed to recover in the end when he tossed jones to the ground. Add in the rest of the round the gus was winning than id still give it to him.

Gus was winning the round but not by that much. When the elbow landed, it wasn't just the elbow, it was the pressure and shots that followed. Bones was all over Gus like a cheap suit until the end of that round. Gus was in trouble.

Virtually every person that is not twisted by hate scored that round for Bones.

The fight overall was close though.

I rewatched the fight, and contrary to my first impressions I don't think any of the rounds was a 10-8, even 5. Gus 48-47

Most of us are trying, but people keep making threads about it.

Enough with the Gus VS Jones "controversy." Lets instead celebrate on how it was such a great back n' forth battle and the 1st fight which really had Jones in trouble in his career.

If you hate Jones, fine, continue to wallow in misery until Gus and him have their rematch. However, stop making stupid threads discrediting Jones because all youre really doing is taking away credit from what a superb performance we saw from Gus.

Its been established that Jones won 2,4, & 5. Its in the history books and the more you bicker wont change a god damn thing. Time to DEAL WITH IT and move on...

It has not been established that Jones won the second round. Only 2 judges gave him the second round (one of which gave 4 rounds to Gus so he obviously can't be respected) and there is a huge debate about whether Jon won the 2nd or 3rd round. I personally scored the 2nd a draw and gave Gus the 3rd so I had the fight a draw. I'm ok with the result cuz it was close, but I think Gus definitely deserves an immediate rematch. Life moves on tho so we'll get to see them fight again unless Jones decides to move up after the Glover fight which would seem likely due to his duckish comments (actually pretending he won the 1st round lol)

Enough with the Gus VS Jones "controversy." Lets instead celebrate on how it was such a great back n' forth battle and the 1st fight which really had Jones in trouble in his career.

If you hate Jones, fine, continue to wallow in misery until Gus and him have their rematch. However, stop making stupid threads discrediting Jones because all youre really doing is taking away credit from what a superb performance we saw from Gus.

Its been established that Jones won 2,4, & 5. Its in the history books and the more you bicker wont change a god damn thing. Time to DEAL WITH IT and move on...

you are very "intelligent". NOT !

Thank you, sir.
I appreciate it. :wink:

while on the topic of your AV

We_have_reached_consensus_We_have_found_that_ef.gif

Sounds like you're the one that needs to deal with other peoples opinions

Time for you to deal with the fact that people have different opinions.

It was a very competitive fight. it was close. No matter how many times Jones watches it and tells himself he just wasn't 100%.... it was controversial. And it would have been controversial if Gus had won too.

I think the only people that cant handle what happened is Jones fans who seem wholly confused how a close fight that ended up with Jones being carried out of the arena and in the hospital on a stretcher could be considered a decisive and clear victory for him.

Honestly, the only thing between Jones being loved is his own arrogant attitude and his obnoxious fans.

Gus got too tired and if he finished stronger he woulda won

Back