Jones vs Stipe doesn't need to happen convince me otherwise

In the world where no-one dethroned Francis and Stipe was the last to beat him and the consensus UFC HW GOAT, he does deserve it.

if you ommit his last fight was Ngannou KTFOing him then yes

If I’m Stipe, and I presumably don’t need the pay check, I’m calling this fight with Jones as past it’s expiry date and not bothering. Fuck dealing with a post USADA Jones. Leave Jones in limbo. It’d be interesting to see what Jones did if the Stipe fight is off the table because I bet his narcissistic personality will struggle to deal with fading away into retirement

Instant retirement forJones if the fight is off. But we already know this is too much money for Stipe to turn down.

You’re ignorant, buddeh. And only have yourself to blame.

This is NOT about Stipe.

This is about JONES. Every little fucking part of this is about giving Jones what HE wants. Do you honestly not understand that?

Forget it. Your post makes it quite apparent that you DON’T understand this.

But why are you hating on a man that has never ducked ANYBODY? Was a great and active champion? And would literally RISK his life to save your sorry ass?
lol triggered

Fight would've worked if it was happening now, but now that next summer is the earliest it might, just no. Division can't be held up that long.

There's a decent possibility neither or these guys will be healthy or ready to fight at the same time in the future, cuz old. Honestly sick of hearing both of their names. Oversaturation. Here's a novel concept: maybe throw some publicity at the hundreds of unknown fighters who fill every FN card instead. You know, look to the future and shit.

The winner of Aspinwall/Pavlovich will be a hundred times more deserving that Stipe

Stipe is slowly but surely closing on 3 years without fighting and he got sent to the shadow realm by Ngannou in his last fight AND he'll be 42 soon and he's a full time firefighter.

Why would that man be more deserving of a shot than the new interim champ ? Doesn't make any sense

only reason is "he was champ a long time ago" and "he's got the defense record" but that doesn't count anymore because it's been 3 years since then.

Of you give a shot to stipe after that then give another one to Whittaker, Usman, Oliveira, Holloway and Sterling because yes they all have a better case to make than stipe who hasn't fought in 3 years and is coming from getting KTFO'd while closing on 42 years old.

I don't know it makes sense to me. If he refuses to take a #1 fight that proves even more that he's just here for a paycheck against Jones and isn't even fully invested into it

What do you think?
It doesn't need to happen. Hope this convinced you to change your mind.

Back