How does Stipe Vs Jones still make sense ?

i have a question: how will it be if after their fight if both jones and miocic retire ?

Will Aspinall be named the new champ without fighting since he's already the interim champ ? that would be a lame way to become champ i think.

Will he have to fight the n°1 contender, who would be Gane i suppose, to crown the winner the new champ ?

If that's the case, and if Jones injury isn't as bad as expected, and the fight could happen, let's say, in may or june, i really could envision aspinall and gane refusing to fight till summer 2024 to be sure that they have a title shot, no ? what do you think ?

It will always make sense because both guys did mma around the same time when they came and are about to leave. Both were "goats" in their weight classes with record defenses. The younger one has more mileage on him. Watch how quickly Pavlovich loses reputation around here after losing to Aspinall, that's the reason Jones isn't fighting those guys. Even Aspinall is only an interim champ, which is what Gane was before he was destroyed on this forum.

Back