jonbenet ramsey case- people who like unsolved mysteries get in here

Fuzzybabyducks

Duck/pricechopper
@Gold
Reaction score
So about 20 years ago this case was a big deal in the United States. Recently the case has been in the news again because we are Coming up on the 20 year anniversary of this unsolved case... So just wondering what the wonderful people of Sherdog think of it. Who do you think did it and why?
Some notes incase you are not familiar with the case.
-She was a six year old child beauty queen contestant
- She was murdered in her home
- The media focused on the parents
-Its unsolved
-no sign of a break in
- A ransom note was left from paper in the parents home
- people who analyze hand writing said the letter probably took up to 45 minutes to write and a lot of her mothers writing matched the ransom note.
- In the note the killer asked for the same amount the father made as a bonus that year($118,000)
- A practice copy of the note was found crunched up in the garbage
- Cops searched the home and an hour after they left the father found the body in the basement
- She was found to be hit over the head and strangled
-Her 9 year old brother was a suspect at first. He recently did an interview with DR. Phil
- A dude in Thailand claimed to do it but this was later proven to be false.
-DNA evidence cleared the family
-Case has been re-opened

some links and video on the case

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/jonbenet-ramsey-case-of-murder-suspect-named-003047334.html

To me it seemed it was pretty obvious someone in the family had something to do with it. But if it was that simple the cops would have made an arrest.. So must be more to it. Just wondering what you guys thought about the case....

Wow, 20 years ago.

Was it ever said why that guy falsely confessed to the murder? Wonder if someone paid him or something, or was it just fame he was after?

Is it a crime to falsely confess to a crime? What would be the punishment for that, resulting in wasting resources of looking into him and such.

If you're into some comedy while you read facts on this case, i'd suggest Last Podcast on the Left. Pretty much the gold standard for relating info dealing with serial killers / unknown murders / absolute random CT shit with enough comedy to keep you interested enough to listen.

http://cavecomedyradio.com/pod-series/last-podcast-on-the-left/page/7/

The police absolutely bombed this case, so fucking badly lol.

The South Park episode featuring her parents, OJ, etc was hilarious.

Wow, 20 years ago.

Was it ever said why that guy falsely confessed to the murder? Wonder if someone paid him or something, or was it just fame he was after?

Is it a crime to falsely confess to a crime? What would be the punishment for that, resulting in wasting resources of looking into him and such.
yeah 20 years already and he was a weirdo who moved to thailand.. Not sure why he confessed but they say people do that a lot... Guess someone who wanted attention

I dont remember that

It had them and OJ and others with crazy wide eyes and it was like the camera would point at them shouting "MURDERER!" "YOU DID IT, ADMIT IT!!!" and things like that. Can't remember what season.

Last edited:
Wow, 20 years ago.

and im sure it is probably a crime... that dude looked like ... well I dont want to judge but he looked like someone who would do something that horrible
jonbenet-ramsey-murderer-caught-confession-3.jpg

If there was a set look for someone who would do something like this he fit the bill ..but he didnt

If you're into some comedy while you read facts on this case, i'd suggest Last Podcast on the Left. Pretty much the gold standard for relating info dealing with serial killers / unknown murders / absolute random CT shit with enough comedy to keep you interested enough to listen.

http://cavecomedyradio.com/pod-series/last-podcast-on-the-left/page/7/

The police absolutely bombed this case, so fucking badly lol.

There was a thread on here a few years back that has some very interesting posts/ attachements.
From what I recall the lead detective is all in on the parents being the culprits.

You know me too well, my friend.

In the middle of a documentary right now but I'll dive into this tomorrow and we'll get down to business.
funny enough I have paradise lost -3 on my desktop now just havent gotten around to watching it yet. ..so we can continue where we left off

I think the parents had something to do with it. Not sure about the father but the mother definitely. The similar handwriting, the bowel of pineapple patsy claimed someone else put out even though it had her and her husbands finger prints. The practice note that was found and just about every interview Patsy was in sounded rehearsed and her emotion she was giving away looked fake.

There was a thread on here a few years back that has some very interesting posts/ attachements.
From what I recall the lead detective is all in on the parents being the culprits.
Im not sure who the lead was but in the videos I provided it seems most people are... But then again they said DNA cleared them... so IDK...

funny enough I have paradise lost -3 on my desktop now just havent gotten around to watching it yet. ..so we can continue where we left off

You should give that a look.

I'm watching a doc on Netflix called Holy Hell. Very interesting. It's about a cult whose leader turned out to be not all he claimed to be and everything imploded.

I'm only about 20 mins in but it's pretty interesting so far.

Back