Jon Jones double standard

Cause people are sad that somewhere along the way Jones easily disposed of their idol, be it Machida, Rumble, Shogun, etc. etc. They need a reason to hate him because he's that good, and he made their favorite look that bad.

I'm a big Jones fan, but he's had a long history of pissing Sherdoggers off:

1. Bragging about snitching on weed smokers. This was used against him for his first 3 years as a fighter and even more hilarious now that he himself is one.
2. Destroying everyone's favourite fighters in emphatic fashion
3. Car crash
4. Cokegate
5. PEDs
6. Arrogant

With most of the other guys on your list, the PEDs situation is the only real reason to hate them.

Indeed. And you can even add eye pokes to that list.

giphy.gif

Because deep down everyone knows Jones is the greatest MMA fighter ever and he’s destroyed all of their favorite fighters.

They have no outlet to deal with this other than basking in moral victories like “hur dur muh steroids” or “0-2 vs usada lolz!!1”

<DCrying><JonesDXSuckIt>

Speak to truth young man...

<seedat>

Jones is polarizing. "Banned for life" (I haven't seen that, but I'm not on boards a lot) is coming from idiots on the opposite end of the spectrum from the idiots who don't care if he cheated. Most people are in the middle, who don't want him to get preferential treatment simply because he's a draw. None of the other's you mentioned get as much heat, but nobody is pretending they are the GOAT, either.

They're all drug cheats. I dislike them all equally. Anderson and jones always seem to get a free pass and posters act like they only cheated in the fight they got caught.

<DC-Champ>

DC > drug cheats.

Anderson Silva gets more free passes from his devoted nuthuggers than another fighter

There are a few idiots on here that truly believe he took tainted sexual performance drugs blah blah blah

Jones doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt but neither does Silva. Just because Silva found a way to game the system twice his blind fans assume he is an innocent victim.

Ironic because Brazilian fighters have a much higher per capita fail rate for drug tests

hLJ88Bn.jpg

Funny that you use the phrase "double standard" because Jones had double the times of popping than the others on your list. You should have mentioned Silva or Barnett or Rothwell for a fairer comparison.

I think people on here give him more shit because his delusional fanbase keeps calling him the goat.

That coupled with eyepoke abuse makes it hard for anyone to take him seriously, the guy is talented as hell already, why does he keep cheating to gain extra advantages?

Why does nobody seem to care that

Machida
Ortega
Mendes
Romero
JDS
Etc.

Failed USADA tests? I've seen nobody really care that they continue to fight and rarely anyone seems to call them a lifetime drug cheat. Nobody is calling for them to be banned for life.

Yet jon jones is called a cheat for his whole career and everyone is all up in arms about him fighting again.

Why the double standard?

Most of those guys aren’t as successful and well known as Jones. But I guarantee if Romero had won his championship fights he’d get the same level of criticism

Back