Reaction score
Why does nobody seem to care that

Machida
Ortega
Mendes
Romero
JDS
Etc.

Failed USADA tests? I've seen nobody really care that they continue to fight and rarely anyone seems to call them a lifetime drug cheat. Nobody is calling for them to be banned for life.

Yet jon jones is called a cheat for his whole career and everyone is all up in arms about him fighting again.

Why the double standard?

Romero and JDS have been exonerated. Machida was caught for like a harmless supplement that he had actually disclosed.

It is fair to criticize Ortega and Mendes though. Ortega may be criticized more if he reaches the top but it was a long time back so he may not get as much hate as Jones. If he does get caught again though, he will not be forgiven, you can be sure of that.

I'm a big Jones fan, but he's had a long history of pissing Sherdoggers off:

1. Bragging about snitching on weed smokers. This was used against him for his first 3 years as a fighter and even more hilarious now that he himself is one.
2. Destroying everyone's favourite fighters in emphatic fashion
3. Car crash
4. Cokegate
5. PEDs
6. Arrogant

With most of the other guys on your list, the PEDs situation is the only real reason to hate them.

Machida
Ortega
Mendes
Romero
JDS
Etc.

Failed USADA tests? I've seen nobody really care that they continue to fight and rarely anyone seems to call them a lifetime drug cheat. Nobody is calling for them to be banned for life.

Yet jon jones is called a cheat for his whole career and everyone is all up in arms about him fighting again.

Why the double standard?

pretty sure jon popped for something every fight since usada. i was always suspicious of him anyway since he has two brothers in the nfl. i believe one of them actually popped for shit the same month jon did. of course over in the nfl they dont even make public what people pop for

Because deep down everyone knows Jones is the greatest MMA fighter ever and he’s destroyed all of their favorite fighters.

They have no outlet to deal with this other than basking in moral victories like “hur dur muh steroids” or “0-2 vs usada lolz!!1”

<DCrying><JonesDXSuckIt>

Isnt this like the 5th time he fucked up? The guys you listed made a mistake once.

I'm guessing it goes back to his holier-than-thou days of being a warrior of Jesus only to slowly be revealed as a fake. The controversy has kept piling up since then and transformed him into the villain of MMA.

There's also the issue of him making Shogun tap to strikes, who was very popular before that.

Last edited:
They're all drug cheats. I dislike them all equally. Anderson and jones always seem to get a free pass and posters act like they only cheated in the fight they got caught.

<DC-Champ>

DC > drug cheats.

Because deep down everyone knows Jones is the greatest MMA fighter ever and he’s destroyed all of their favorite fighters.

They have no outlet to deal with this other than basking in moral victories like “hur dur muh steroids” or “0-2 vs usada lolz!!1”

<DCrying><JonesDXSuckIt>
THIS

Machida
Ortega
Mendes
Romero
JDS
Etc.

Why the double standard?
Because, he is the scrum of the Earth.

None of those guys embarrassed their hero or is a threat to their favourite fighter's goatness.

Jones is innocent too.

I can explain some of these.
Machida is from another era, when rules were different

Ortega only recently became widely known, nobody cared about some random guy testing positive

Mendes lost some major fights in his career, so there was nothing really to be mad about

Romero and JDS were exonerated

Because, he is the scrum of the Earth.
giphy.gif

<DCrying><JonesDXSuckIt>
When the USADA decision is announced, you should call a suicide hotline. Otherwise...

<6>

Machida
Ortega
Mendes
Romero
JDS
Etc.

Why the double standard?
Easy answer. Fans. His fans are often unreasoning dicks.

Edit: often

Back