Jon Bones officially a free man today - striving to get better:

cigano

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
As of today, Jones is a free man. His 18-month sentence has been served, and according to a report from TMZ, a rep from the Bernalillo County DA's office has stated that the 72 appearances were also completed, making Jones’ punishment phase a thing of the past.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/3/2...es-is-officially-a-free-man-today-hit-and-run

Looking at him you wouldn't think he is the greatest MMA fighter of all time but the proof is in the pudding. Let's hope he stops fucking up from here on-wards.

Not free of himself, tho

Ehhh tbh I've lost interest.
Don't get me wrong I'll watch him fight, but he's got one more chance to redeem himself with an exciting fight.

If he performs on the level of his last fight we will see the biggest fall of a fighter in MMA history. (Besides Ronda)

giphy.gif

It's crazy how easy he got off. This is a perfect example of black privilege;)

That's some logic, he will be 365% better within a year.

Ehhh tbh I've lost interest.
Don't get me wrong I'll watch him fight, but he's got one more chance to redeem himself with an exciting fight.

If he performs on the level of his last fight we will see the biggest fall of a fighter in MMA history. (Besides Ronda)
His last fight was weird. If Rumble beats DC, I can't imagine Jones beating Rumble fighting like he did vs OSP. Rumble is a bad fight for anyone at any time, but that's magnified 100x when you've had 2 fights in 2+ years.

It's crazy how easy he got off. This is a perfect example of black privilege;)

Eh I've seen people go through the justice system. It's crazy how lenient they can be sometimes. Saw my ex's brother get away with the craziest shit literally on probation failing multiple drug test wasn't until like the 5th one when they finally put him away. Same with my drug dealer except he only got two chances but both times it was cocaine.

His last fight was weird. If Rumble beats DC, I can't imagine Jones beating Rumble fighting like he did vs OSP. Rumble is a bad fight for anyone at any time, but that's magnified 100x when you've had 2 fights in 2+ years.

I have a feeling Jones would have fought a lot better if he was being pushed to fight harder. No one wants to say it but OSP was playing it as safe big time. DC and Gus did not fight Jones like that. They were in his face 24/7 and he was forced to respond.

His testing will be more often as well. So will be harder to cheat. He can't eye poke anymore.

Jones is screwed.

He'll run from Rumble for the rest of his career.

Jones is becoming so overrated on sherdog, the guy looked like a shell of his former self in his last fight and he hasn't finished anyone since his gimme fight against chael.

Agreed. and it's obviously not just the boring fight but all his stupid mistakes that have caused him to lose precious time in his prime years.
Sad really how much potential he has wasted.
It makes you wonder how much of his performance was "enhanced" if at all.

Who knows maybe he comes back like an animal and wrecks people but I wouldn't bet on it.

I have a feeling Jones would have fought a lot better if he was being pushed to fight harder. No one wants to say it but OSP was playing it as safe big time. DC and Gus did not fight Jones like that. They were in his face 24/7 and he was forced to respond.
This is true, but while he won the fight, he looked tentative, uncertain, and generally just looked...off. That may have been different if he was fighting someone who pressured him more, but that was his only fight in the last 2 years (the fight before was January 2015). So now we've Jones presumably coming back this summer at some point having a year+ layoff (preceded by another year+ layoff) and then coming in to fight for the title. And that's not even considering the things that have happened. Who knows where his head is at this point? Who knows if he can fight as well without his "dick pills"? Who knows how the eye poke rules will affect him?

Lots of things going against him coming back...assuming he can get out of his own way long enough to actually make it back.

Agreed. and it's obviously not just the boring fight but all his stupid mistakes that have caused him to lose precious time in his prime years.
Sad really how much potential he has wasted.
It makes you wonder how much of his performance was "enhanced" if at all.

Who knows maybe he comes back like an animal and wrecks people but I wouldn't bet on it.
Yeah exactly. USADA testing, eye poke rules, long layoff, a lot of personal drama...I'm not a fan at all but if he overcomes all of this and wins the title back, that's an achievement. I just wouldn't put money on it.

Thank god. Tired of these sub-par main events...

Manuwa vs. Corey Anderson
Belfort vs. Gastelum
Lewis vs. Browne
Holm vs. de Randamie
Bermudez vs. Korean Zombie
Shevchenko vs. Peña
Rodríguez vs. Penn
VanZant vs. Waterson
Lewis vs. Abdurakhimov

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads