Jon Bones officially a free man today - striving to get better:

Anyone want to set up a pool for his next screw-up? What will he do and when?

Should feed Shogun to Jones.

A nice win will get him warmed up to face DC later in the year.

oveWL_s-200x150.gif

Even this ^^^ guy is happy that the sanctions were removed, get your belt back man!

Yeah exactly. USADA testing, eye poke rules, long layoff, a lot of personal drama...I'm not a fan at all but if he overcomes all of this and wins the title back, that's an achievement. I just wouldn't put money on it.

Haha I forgot about the eye poke rule.
He's screwed. That's his go-to move right there.

This is true, but while he won the fight, he looked tentative, uncertain, and generally just looked...off. That may have been different if he was fighting someone who pressured him more, but that was his only fight in the last 2 years (the fight before was January 2015). So now we've Jones presumably coming back this summer at some point having a year+ layoff (preceded by another year+ layoff) and then coming in to fight for the title. And that's not even considering the things that have happened. Who knows where his head is at this point? Who knows if he can fight as well without his "dick pills"? Who knows how the eye poke rules will affect him?

Lots of things going against him coming back...assuming he can get out of his own way long enough to actually make it back.

Agreed will see how he comes back. Can't wait to have more people in LHW honestly that division is below HW at this point which is already sad.

Yeah, we've heard this before... I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. He's proven time after time that he's a liar and his fake personality couldn't keep up with it all.

Actions speak louder than words and what has he done to make me believe otherwise?

I was a huge fan of his in his earlier days. I don't give a shit anymore. I'm a fight fan, so I will watch him fight. I don't excited anymore though. If his last fight was any indicator of how he is going to look, then it would be safe to say that he has peaked. What a shame.

want to see him against the Rumble/DC winner very very badly.

Anyone want to set up a pool for his next screw-up? What will he do and when?
He seems to really enjoy driving while intoxicated. Let's go with a police stop for speeding and the cop finds drugs during a search of the vehicle.

Looking forward to his return, his lackluster return fight and next suspension.

<JonesLaugh>
<mma1>

Yay we finally get to witness DC and Rumble smash him.

It wasn't his fault, God told him to.

Would love to see him fight Rumble.

Humble vs Jones needs to happen no matter what.

Hide yo wife, hide yo kids...

Hide yo pregnant lady...

I have a feeling Jones would have fought a lot better if he was being pushed to fight harder. No one wants to say it but OSP was playing it as safe big time. DC and Gus did not fight Jones like that. They were in his face 24/7 and he was forced to respond.

Yet OSP landed the same amount of significant strikes as DC against Jones.

Back