johnnie walker blue label

Interesting. I agree its overpriced but I thought mac is good quality. 17 was strong and full of flavor.

If you want really smokey then islay scotches it is.
17 was my favorite of all time. Pretty decent buy too especially compared to Macallan’s other offerings. Do they still make it?

It's reasonably priced in Scotland.

Lagavulin is not a “beginner” scotch.
If buddy there isn’t into whiskey and he just straight to that, it’s not going to go well. Lagavulin is what you graduate to when you’re done with Glenmorangies and glenfiddick.
i wouldn’t call Glenmorangie beginner scotch at all. It’s not like scotch enthusiasts are on some predictable evolution ending in peat bombs like Laphroig as they level up. Some people are going to gravitate toward more floral stuff like Glenmorangie and there is nothing wrong with that.

One of the most overrated whiskey out there. If you are gonna she'll out some money for scotch, do some research and you will find plenty better choices.

Highland Park, Macallan, Glen Fiddich all have a lot of choices in their premium range.

Red is trash. I'm ok with cheap Vodka, cheap Tequila, cheap rum... But for Whiskey, my mouth only can tolerate black and up.
Only drunk Blue and Gold like twice in my life, is good but is not worth the price for me.

Want to try those other brands you guys put here though...

Friend is getting married and thought this would be a nice gift. I’ve tried the gold before and it was nice and smooth. Anyone try blue label before?
View attachment 397499
Its a very generous gift that he will appreciate because of its quality and name recognition.
You can get better whiskey for much less money, but it won't have the same pop.

The blue is overpriced for what it is, but you're absurd. They are by no means a horrible scotch maker. Their blends are all very finely balanced and offer a touch of most of the traditional scotch elements in a smooth product that is great when it's perhaps the only scotch available or for the uninitiated. It is a great introduction scotch as it really does present a balanced sample of the scotch flavor spectrum in any of its bottles.

I never buy JW, but I'll drink any of them - even the red, if I wound up with a bottle of it.

If you want to debate overpriced, I'd nominate Macallan. I find all of them up to the 25 to be ridiculously light. Little oakey, but really devoid of the smoke and richness I want in something that expensive. Their 15 in particular (the light blue one?) Is just garbage in my opinion. Like drinking scotch diluted with water.
Macallan 18 is amazing.

Friend is getting married and thought this would be a nice gift. I’ve tried the gold before and it was nice and smooth. Anyone try blue label before?
View attachment 397499
A buddy of mine gifted it at a mutual buddy's wedding.

It was not enjoyed the way it was meant to be. I did like it, but we also shot it and killed the bottle within a few minutes. I guess you could call me a scotch noob, I tend to prefer black label myself.

Listen I'm not a big scotch guy but I've tried my fair share. I just don't think the value is there for JW Blue. Of course it isn't bad, I'm being over dramatic but it sure isn't worth the price.

Ardbeg is good right? I think so too.

I'm a tequila guy myself. Mezcal also but I'm not as familiar with that and trying to up my mezcal game
Its just really popular and well known. Ofcourse the more mass produced your product is, the quality starts to go down.

Anybody who complains about a fuckin JW blue at a party is a fuckin moron.

TS, i would be extremely giddy if you brought a $200 bottle of scotch to any get together. Lets be friends

Disagree, but OK.
12 year is all I fuck with as far as McCallen goes. Its not outrageous and i actually like how light it is. I think thats whats most impressive about it. It does taste like watered down booze, but it isnt.

Scotch is commonly mixed with water anyways.

The blue is overpriced for what it is, but you're absurd. They are by no means a horrible scotch maker. Their blends are all very finely balanced and offer a touch of most of the traditional scotch elements in a smooth product that is great when it's perhaps the only scotch available or for the uninitiated. It is a great introduction scotch as it really does present a balanced sample of the scotch flavor spectrum in any of its bottles.

I never buy JW, but I'll drink any of them - even the red, if I wound up with a bottle of it.

If you want to debate overpriced, I'd nominate Macallan. I find all of them up to the 25 to be ridiculously light. Little oakey, but really devoid of the smoke and richness I want in something that expensive. Their 15 in particular (the light blue one?) Is just garbage in my opinion. Like drinking scotch diluted with water.
I always thought a novice whiskey drinker should start with something that wont be to over powering, taste wise for them. Something with a simple uncomplicated flavor. Me, I like Woodford Reserve.

I can name better scotches for the value for you right now.

JW blue is overpriced swill. Just like most Patron tequilas.

Balvenine
Aberlour
Macallan
Ardbeg
All of which is available near me but they are exactly the reason I wont buy scotch. I am not spending 80$ a bottle for them. Fuck that. Decent Scotch in my area is salty as hell.

The scotches used in JW are not complicated

Johnny Walker is not a distillery

in the whiskey world they only make mixtapes

on the peated side (green label) Talisker features heavily

in Blue Label Royal Lochnagar features heavily

royal_lochnagar_36_grande.jpg

neither are particularly complicated scotches or justify Blue Label pricing

Back