johnnie walker blue label

Listen I'm not a big scotch guy but I've tried my fair share. I just don't think the value is there for JW Blue. Of course it isn't bad, I'm being over dramatic but it sure isn't worth the price.

Ardbeg is good right? I think so too.

I'm a tequila guy myself. Mezcal also but I'm not as familiar with that and trying to up my mezcal game

I'm just fucking with you. I consider every Macallan to be overpriced and overrated and I love Ardbeg, so just joking around. Blue label is definitely just priced to be a novelty or gift. It isn't really that spectacular.

I'm just fucking with you. I consider every Macallan to be overpriced and overrated and I love Ardbeg, so just joking around. Blue label is definitely just priced to be a novelty or gift. It isn't really that spectacular.

Yeah so why do people even waste their money on it. I think it's because it's expensive and marketed as something special.

Ardbeg is lik $85 and much better taste and value. Blue is a fashion statement of sorts and I'm cool with that but just admit it. Lol

quote-it-is-well-to-remember-that-there-are-five-reasons-for-drinking-the-arrival-of-a-friend-w-c-fields-138-44-49.jpg

Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy.
– Samuel Johnson

I heard the black label is good. I tried the cheap red label & it was horrible

It's a very nice gift for a wedding, I'm sure they will appreciate it.
But if you see them mixing it with 7-up, get new friends...

Yeah so why do people even waste their money on it. I think it's because it's expensive and marketed as something special.

Ardbeg is lik $85 and much better taste and value. Blue is a fashion statement of sorts and I'm cool with that but just admit it. Lol

Yeah, it's no different than people soending money on things like $300 jeans or designer women's items. Just overpriced garbage intended to earn validation from other shallow-minded doops.

Yeah, it's no different than people soending money on things like $300 jeans or designer women's items. Just overpriced garbage intended to earn validation from other shallow-minded doops.

I like expensive jeans but I think they look better and last longer. I don’t buy $300 pairs but $150 is reasonable to me.

More expensive clothing does seem to be better quality a lot of the time but I do understand the point you’re trying to make.

Also, if you aren't a scotch enthusiast, I don't really want to start distracting you with random opinions from some faceless internet forum dude, but for that sort of price range, you might consider these, which are rich, dark, smoky and very memorable:

Lagavulin 12 year (essence of liquid leather and smoke - you will feel like you are inhaling the scents of the old world)

Ardbeg Auriverdes (a rare-ish batch from my favorite distiller, as dark and smoky as they come)
Lagavulin is not a “beginner” scotch.
If buddy there isn’t into whiskey and he just straight to that, it’s not going to go well. Lagavulin is what you graduate to when you’re done with Glenmorangies and glenfiddick.

Lagavulin is not a “beginner” scotch.
If buddy there isn’t into whiskey and he just straight to that, it’s not going to go well. Lagavulin is what you graduate to when you’re done with Glenmorangies and glenfiddick.

I agree. Never said it was. Just throwing a few suggestions out there that are excellent gifts in the $200+ price range.

If you’re just looking to impress non whiskey drinker, make sure it’s a single malt from Scotland aged 12-15 years around the $100 mark in a traditional looking bottle. Nobody will appreciate it anyway, and if somebody does happen to know about whiskey you won’t be far off the mark anyway.
Probably avoid anything that says Isle of Islay too. They are great whiskeys from there, but they are a taste you grow into.

I agree. Never said it was. Just throwing a few suggestions out there that are excellent gifts in the $200+ price range.
Got a bottle on my shelf, it’s one of my favourite, I gave some to the wife and she’s says it tastes like antiseptic!

Not a big whisky drinker, nor can I imbibe anymore but I read great things about suntory.

If you want to make a statement with a bottle that’s widely recognized by even non-whiskey drinkers, a bottle with shelf appeal that’s expensive and looks the part, JW Blue is an excellent choice. It will look good unopened or mostly full sitting on your friend’s bar. That’s not why I buy whiskey, but plenty do.

It’s a blend of malt and grain whiskeys and lacks character, but admittedly it’s smooth. If you want flavor, JW Blue simply isn’t the best option. I’d go with a multitude of single malts over JW Blue. Hell, even JW Green has more character, it being the only JW label that’s a blend of only single malts. In a blind taste test, I’d be surprised if your friend chose JW Blue over Balvenie 15 year single barrel sherry cask (half the price of JW Blue). There are many others.

As someone else mentioned, I wouldn’t gift an Islay style bottle unless you already know he likes it. I’d stick with a Highland or Speyside.

Blue label is a good gift for someone that doesn't know too much about whiskey.
It's a well known expensive brand, so it looks 'cool' to have on your shelf, and talk about drinking.
If the couple are actual whiskey drinkers then id save my money and buy a much better whiskey for half the price

Friend is getting married and thought this would be a nice gift. I’ve tried the gold before and it was nice and smooth. Anyone try blue label before?
View attachment 397499

Delicious but overpriced. It's a nice gift though.

I was at a wedding dinner earlier this year where there was FREE FLOW of JW Blue label...I would say there was 500-600 guests there.

It was a wonderful event.

I like expensive jeans but I think they look better and last longer. I don’t buy $300 pairs but $150 is reasonable to me.

More expensive clothing does seem to be better quality a lot of the time but I do understand the point you’re trying to make.

Well, to my point, no jeans are outlasting my $40 Levis.

If I am spending $150 on a Scotch, Johnny Walker is not one of the choices.

Delicious but overpriced. It's a nice gift though.

I was at a wedding dinner earlier this year where there was FREE FLOW of JW Blue label...I would say there was 500-600 guests there.

It was a wonderful event.
Shiiit. I'd go nuts. I love Blue.

Blue is a really good for a gift for a friend getting married. It's a very good whiskey for an immature palate as the flavours are really unimpactful but at the same time very smooth. Everyone can have a good time drinking it and doesn't need to be savoured. A close analogy would be smoking overpriced cohiba cigars at a friend's wedding or after a newborn when none of you smoke. If it was about flavour only then you can get an amazing whiskey but this depends on your friend.

Back