John D Jackson on rumors of "LEAVING KOVALEV FOR WARD"

I seen these interviews a few days ago, thinking that John D Jackson did actually leave Kovalev for ward.

Fucking titles of the videos are miss leading, they got me. That was the only reason I checked the videos out. Me thinking he actually jumped sides.

I should have known better.

<{hmmm}>

Last edited:
Wow, you're right. That video title (both of them actually) are straight up clickbait.

Reading the YouTube comments... during the kovalev Ward fight was kovalev being disrespectful towards Jackson?

Reading the YouTube comments... during the kovalev Ward fight was kovalev being disrespectful towards Jackson?

I personally don't know but I wouldn't doubt it, we've heard the racist shit from Kov before, imagine that dude when he's in the middle of a tough fight, tired, and in killer psychopath mode. Jackson probably has been in some pretty awkward situations throughout the years with Kovalev. That being said I feel like I heard they've always had a good rapport with one another so maybe there's nothing to it.

@Kovalev's "Man Bag" probably can answer your question though. I'm interested to hear what that's all about too though.

JDJ also went from coaching Kovalev against B-Hop to coaching B-hop in his last fight.

What's up with this guy?

They brought in some Russian coach that JDJ never heard of before. I guess right before the fight they told JDJ that he was not allowed to give Kovalev full instructions durring the fight and that he had to stop talking to Kovalev in between rounds at a certian point. Pretty much that he had to differ to the Russian coach as head corner and the Russian coach was to have the last say in between rounds. JDJ said he couldnt even give Kovalev instructions between rounds.
I dont know if its the same guy but Kovalev brought in a Russian amateur coach that he likes for the rematch. Seems like they are going to have the same problem.

Weird shenanigans. Dumb move from JDJ too. Seems like he took a stupid risk in trying to switch teams without committing all the way and breaking ties with Kovalev, and now he looks shady as fuck.

JDJ also went from coaching Kovalev against B-Hop to coaching B-hop in his last fight.

What's up with this guy?

JDJ worked with Hopkins in '06 for the Tarver fight. IIRC he also apprenticed under Brother Naz earlier on in his training career. I feel like the Ward camp is just trying to play mind games and encourage rifts in Kovalev's team.

They brought in some Russian coach that JDJ never heard of before. I guess right before the fight they told JDJ that he was not allowed to give Kovalev full instructions durring the fight and that he had to stop talking to Kovalev in between rounds at a certian point. Pretty much that he had to differ to the Russian coach as head corner and the Russian coach was to have the last say in between rounds. JDJ said he couldnt even give Kovalev instructions between rounds.
I dont know if its the same guy but Kovalev brought in a Russian amateur coach that he likes for the rematch. Seems like they are going to have the same problem.

If that's the case, why even hire JDJ? They're paying the guy for nothing.

why would they have a guy they are racist against, i don't know. any fighter with half a brain doesn't want someone in the corner they don't like or trust. wierd. the side switching thing? I don't know. It's boxing, trainers have switched sides in the past. People forget it but Ali had Bundini Brown in floyd pattersons corner in 66, ali took him back. Angelo Dundee trained Jimmy Ellis to beat Ali and Ali took him back in the next fight. Angelo said it once when he had his cutman stitch one of emmanuel stewards fighters eyes. that you fight one day, friends the next.

John David Jackson must be an honors graduate of The Alex Ariza School of Loyalty.

mike tyson once called trainers "whores" for these reasons.

What's up with this guy?

Thats not too uncommon. You cant beat them join them. Ive seen this a many times in mma and boxing. Its usually the fighter gets beat and wants to get better from the trainer who came up with the game plan that beat them.
If that's the case, why even hire JDJ? They're paying the guy for nothing.
So he doesnt go to the other team. So he doesnt leak shit fight related and personal. Looks like he still doing the basics like mitt work.
There is an interview where JDj confirms the other trainer thing.

For all we know he could be leaking things and having him in camp is not a good idea. Unless, Kov and Him do have some kind of plan we dont know about. This has many layers and smells of sun tzu art of war 101, To me this is good news , we will have a hard battle fans will enjoy

For all we know he could be leaking things and having him in camp is not a good idea. Unless, Kov and Him do have some kind of plan we dont know about. This has many layers and smells of sun tzu art of war 101, To me this is good news , we will have a hard battle fans will enjoy
I mean if they get rid of him he is for sure going to leak stuff.
Probably knows too much to piss him off.

Same way hiw Roach hated Ariza but how they couldnt shake him. Lol. Too much dirt.

Ward 8-4. Jackson doesn't matter. He got pissed off on the racist shit (we don't think he gets it it's just part of his culture)

I could be wrong and it might all be head games, but Kovalevs attitude after the fight and this makes me think he's making changes out of frustration and not a calculated decision.

Wow, had no idea this shit was going on. Kovalev and JDJ were one of boxing's greatest fighter-coach teams, it would be a shame to break that up.

Wow, had no idea this shit was going on. Kovalev and JDJ were one of boxing's greatest fighter-coach teams, it would be a shame to break that up.
Ward's team and mainly Virgil pointed it out and made a big deal about it in the lead up to the first fight.
They have been saying that Kovalev doesnt trust JDJ. Durring the 1st fight I thought it was just Virgil being Virgil and playing head games.
Seems 100% true now.

Back