John D Jackson on rumors of "LEAVING KOVALEV FOR WARD"

Ward 8-4. Jackson doesn't matter. He got pissed off on the racist shit (we don't think he gets it it's just part of his culture)
That sucks. Especially since he was one of the main ones saying Sergei wasnt racist and he wouldnt work with him if he was.

That sucks. Especially since he was one of the main ones saying Sergei wasnt racist and he wouldnt work with him if he was.

Yeah it took it bad privately. Some people understand his comments and some don't.

Ward's team and mainly Virgil pointed it out and made a big deal about it in the lead up to the first fight.
They have been saying that Kovalev doesnt trust JDJ. Durring the 1st fight I thought it was just Virgil being Virgil and playing head games.
Seems 100% true now.

Yeah I would have chalked it up to head games, but seeing how uncomfortable JDJ was with the questioning says it all. Strange.

Wonder what the back story is. Sergei doesn't seem like Mr. Sunshine to deal with, maybe JDJ is being pushed out. Sad.

I don't know, i just don't know, if sergey is anything like some of the nasty russians i've come across, i wouldn't only jump ship i wouldn't have been on it in the first place. got to be some cultural clashes there. Unless the man is a total uncle tom, of course he's not going to like being looked at as a subhuman.

I don't know, i just don't know, if sergey is anything like some of the nasty russians i've come across, i wouldn't only jump ship i wouldn't have been on it in the first place. got to be some cultural clashes there. Unless the man is a total uncle tom, of course he's not going to like being looked at as a subhuman.
sergei is racist AF

sergei is racist AF
he probably is, that's what i don't get, but i don't get a lot of things about most human beings. why have someone you detest around you, and why pay them and put them in a power position. Maybe they are just using him as some sort of way to navigate the american ways, if so, they'll dump him anyways at some point soon. John looks bad playing mr. inbetween though. i mentioned how dundee and many others have changed sides, they usually did it honorably though. One more thing though, last time I thought there was too much mental bullshit being played for a fight that wasn't even that good so in that sense, I hope it isn't much ado about nothing.

didn't he say something about andre being a monkey? I've known quite a few europeans who say just that about black people, and mexicans and indians and asians. it's easy to believe that he did. someone else could probably get you the actual quotes.

didn't he say something about andre being a monkey? I've known quite a few europeans who say just that about black people, and mexicans and indians and asians. it's easy to believe that he did. someone else could probably get you the actual quotes.

He said it about Adonis not Ward. What Kovalev did was wrong and he apologized for it (whether he was sincere we can't know). That said, I could make a lengthy list of today's fighters and fighters from the past that have said or done something that falls into that category and I'm sure you could too. They get a pass, strangely enough. My guess is because Kovalev is a bully and not a nice dude on top of being Russian and merciless. Most people just don't like him but there are valid reasons for that that go beyond racism including his character flaws. He's alienated female boxers recently starting with Claressa Shields and just said days ago that a 25 year old woman slapped him harder than Ward hits. Kovalev gives 0 fucks which is why he'll never have a big fanbase because his brand has already taken a huge hit. Back when society was less PC he might've been able to live some of this down.

Last edited:
lots of hearsay about what certain fighters/ trainers have said, yes. does it surprise me? no, not at all. I've known some europeans who are racist, it's not an ambiguous racism that most of us americans have, it's true racism in that, yes, they really think we are animals.

Last edited:
Maybe Jackson has a contract with Kovalev and that's why he's sticking around??

Usyk, who is another Klimas guy did part ways with James Ali, I heard they where just trying to cut expenses, win or lose (I think Kovalev loses the rematch) I expect Jackson to get the boot

John said the other day that he will have "a lot more control" this time around to head the ship (as far as corner advice). I think Nikolai Khromov potentially could be there in his corner as well but don't know for sure. Khromov coached the Russian 1996, 2000 and 2004 Olympic teams. It should just be John in his corner. He should put his foot down and if Sergey leaves then let him try with another trainer. When that trainer says he can't be trained, like Abel said, then he'll be running back to John.

Here's a picture of Khromov

Nikolai-Khromov-2689.jpg

*Edit. Sounds like it'll just be John in his corner which is good news. If that changes last minute then expect to see the guy in the photo above.

Russians and Cubans sure love their Olympic trainers

Russians and Cubans sure love their Olympic trainers

It's mostly all that they know. If you ask boxing fans how many well known pro boxing trainers from Cuba and Russia they can name you're not likely to get more than maybe one or two names tops, if any.

It's mostly all that they know. If you ask boxing fans how many well known pro boxing trainers from Cuba and Russia they can name you're not likely to get more than maybe one or two names tops, if any.
Ismael Salas is probably the most well known pro trainer from Cuba, Pedro Diaz seems to be making a name too

I agree that its all they know, especially when theyve had a long amateur career

Kovalev's style is best if paired with an American trainer and to this day its worked so far, GGG is a perfect example, youd never think he had a long ammie career

Is it because Ward is so fundamentaly sound they think bringing an ammie coach is going to help?

I think we can all agree on one thing, JDJ has probably taken much more shit from Kov than most trainers would deal with from a fighter who's pulled these types of things. I think he should stick around just to get his % for the fight. That would suck if he left and had to give up a payday at the last minute.

honestly, you've seen the sources before and you know what I'm talking about. If you continue to bury your head in the sand, cause you know that comparing a person to an animal is racist (and Russia has a history of doing it to people who aren't white, going back to at least the early 1900s). That's not just it either. I know I'm not gonna convince you cause TBH you have no problem with racism both in boxing and generally just the world so I'm not gonna respond to this, but you know exactly what I'm talking about and it shouldn't even be in question.

I want Ward to win , but I feel if it's close it will go to Kov just from a historical point of view and political/gambling point of view.
Ward more than likely wont be able to KO Kov, so he is left with the body fencing and trying to tire his arms with wrestling. IF Kov comes in ready and IF JDJ is on the helm odds favor Kov...

Judges are human and already influenced by the opinion that Kov should have won.. They will be looking to right the percieved wrong.

People can call it cultural as much as they want, but not even close to all Russians or Eastern Europeans think black people are subhuman.

Back