Joe Rogan and Sherdog had Khabib losing his 2nd UFC fight..

I've seen worse. See Randy vs Vera. Khabib was the aggressor and showed he wanted it more. That simply made the difference. I can see how he got the nod, but not 3-0.

Nobody saw Khabib win that fight and screamed title shot.

He was young and sloppy. And he still won a unanimous right?

A 23 or 24 year old Khabib who hadn't yet trained at AKA or any world class gym yet had a tough, close fight against a roided up longtime UFC vet.

Everyone forgets this is the actual situation.
I didn't know we were supposed to factor in those variables when deciding a 1v1 fight in the octagon?

I know the UFC did. There was a lot of hype around Khabib and they definitely didn't want that being lost due to a tibau loss so they make sure Khabib got the win.

And this goes to show Joe, and sherdog are not always right. In fact sometimes they are horrible wrong.

I have no possible idea how anyone could think Khabib lost that fight.

imo, yes I think Tibau should have won that fight and gave Khabib his first and only loss. but if they were to rematch today, Khabib would destroy him

Honestly, roided up Tibau has some of the best TDD in MMA history.

his stats are fucking crazy

Well I was in my old UFC archives and I watched Khabib Narmagomedov and Gleison Tibau from 2012 and it became pretty clear to me Khabib lost. Joe Rogan on the live broadcast made it very clear he thought Tibau won the fight and all three Sherdog live play by play judges gave it to Gleison 30-27 30-27 and 30-28. You can see some highlights of the fight in the video im embedding and Khabib had no td's in 15 minutes of action, never even came close. Just funny probably shouldn't be undefeated, just really caught me off guard.

Out wrestled by a bjj guy

I wouldn't say irrelevant but yes it does play a factor that 3 years later he got popped for epo's but i'm pretty much under the Nate Diaz believe. There all on steroids, maybe not now but a few years ago I think it was 80% to higher with the now USADA banned substances.

Irrelevant and period. Lance Armstrong a 20x times more relevant athlete once considered one of the best athletes ever in the history of the this f* planet got from that to a completely cheater, none of his accomplishments are valid, his reputation went down to zero, etc...

Oh yeah but a f* UFC fighter juicing is not that relevant,, his wins might still have some "value"... GTFO bro.

The TD is pretty sweet too.

giphy.gif

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-27_18-25-37.png
    upload_2018-8-27_18-25-37.png
    156.9 KB · Views: 2
  • upload_2018-8-27_18-26-3.png
    upload_2018-8-27_18-26-3.png
    156.9 KB · Views: 2
I didn't know we were supposed to factor in those variables when deciding a 1v1 fight in the octagon?

I know the UFC did. There was a lot of hype around Khabib and they definitely didn't want that being lost due to a tibau loss so they make sure Khabib got the win.

You're implying that with all of the ridiculous scores that we have heard through the years as MMA fans even in fights that have little no impact on the sport or any key players in it, this is the one that the UFC paid off judges? This fight?

Edit. My initial post wasn't an argument as to why he won. It's an argument as to why it doesn't matter now. Today's Khabib ruins the Khabib of that night, and Gleison of then or now.

It's almost like Khabib was young, didn't train at AKA, and was against a juiced up giant who has only been taken down 6 out of 70 times across his career.

Lee, Gaethje, and Alvarez all have a legit shot at beating Khabib. Dude is massively overrated. Hoping he sticks around long enough to face these guys.

Taking down Barboza and Johnson isn’t the same thing as taking down a guy like Lee.

Watch that fight with Joe Rogan muted. Boring fight there Tibau does nothing except defend the takedown on the back foot while Khabib pressures him the whole fight. It was an extremely uneventful fight where Khabib got the nod because he was actually trying to do something. Not sure why people are forcing themselves to be so upset about this fight.
Except that Khabib landed less strikes and less takedowns. Statistically Tibau did more. Stats aren't biased or subject to opinion, Tibau literally was the more effective fighter.

Khabib's run in the UFC is not as impressive as they would have you believe. One of the most overrated and least likeable fighters currently.

He clearly lost to Tibau. He has mostly won via decision. He's missed weight. Pulled out due to knee problems. Pulled out of a fight at last minute due to weight issues. Refused to fight on Ramendam. Faced surprisingly few top guys. Couldn't even finish a real estate agent. Doesn't promote. His pre-UFC record was clearly padded and probably paid for by his wealthy backers.

It's amazing that anybody likes him. He has not delivered even 1/5th of the entertainment that Conor has, and his attitude to stepping up, showing up, making weight etc is clearly inferior.

Back