Joe Rogan and Sherdog had Khabib losing his 2nd UFC fight..

BrazilPitbullUS

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Well I was in my old UFC archives and I watched Khabib Narmagomedov and Gleison Tibau from 2012 and it became pretty clear to me Khabib lost. Joe Rogan on the live broadcast made it very clear he thought Tibau won the fight and all three Sherdog live play by play judges gave it to Gleison 30-27 30-27 and 30-28. You can see some highlights of the fight in the video im embedding and Khabib had no td's in 15 minutes of action, never even came close. Just funny probably shouldn't be undefeated, just really caught me off guard.

Irrelevant since tibau popped for steroids imo

If this has been covered already too much my bad but it was news to me.
ya. about monthly when Khabib isn't fighting, weekly when he is, and daily since the last fight was announced.

take it as a compliment; it means you waste less time here than most of the rest of us :)

3 close rounds. i thought Khabib won at least two of them, mostly because Tibau did very little offensively. but it has become quite hipster around here to say that Khabib should have lost that fight because he landed so few takedowns. though it really feels like most folks who say it haven't actually watched it.

Irrelevant since tibau popped for steroids imo
I wouldn't say irrelevant but yes it does play a factor that 3 years later he got popped for epo's but i'm pretty much under the Nate Diaz believe. There all on steroids, maybe not now but a few years ago I think it was 80% to higher with the now USADA banned substances.

Have watched the fight and had Khabib winning all 3 rounds as did the judges /thread

ru3DAwW.png

jNQ3iII.png

And Arona beat Fedor amirite?
Get over it guys.

Yeah I thought Tibau won that fight pretty clearly as well FWIW.

He made kebeeb look pathetic imo. The guy was prolly on roids during but come on now schooled his take down game

Watch that fight with Joe Rogan muted. Boring fight there Tibau does nothing except defend the takedown on the back foot while Khabib pressures him the whole fight. It was an extremely uneventful fight where Khabib got the nod because he was actually trying to do something. Not sure why people are forcing themselves to be so upset about this fight.

A 23 or 24 year old Khabib who hadn't yet trained at AKA or any world class gym yet had a tough, close fight against a roided up longtime UFC vet.

Everyone forgets this is the actual situation.

Back