Joe Rogan and Sherdog had Khabib losing his 2nd UFC fight..

Khabib by pressure but it was a fight where it could get either way depending on the judges.

The TD is pretty sweet too.

giphy.gif

I would love to know the fight night weight disparity. there is zero technique here. dude just rushes him and overpowers him. khabib looks 2 weight classes below him. lol. weight cutting with IVs was a fucking joke.

Good stats.

Like how on earth do you land less strikes, less significant strikes and go 0-13 on takedowns and win the fight?
aa3b831dfbdd7a87c9dcfbc63d9d642b.png

The most Tibau outlanded Khabib by in a single round was 2 sig strikes. He never beat Khabib's output. The striking was effectively even so the judges scored it by who was more aggressive and controlling the pace. Khabib worked harder and landed more in the clinch (where most of the fight took place).In the judges eyes Tibau was working less in what was an otherwise even fight.

In other words the judges awarded Khabib's offensive approach more than Tibau's passive approach.

The TD is pretty sweet too.

giphy.gif
Still shocked that

A) Tibau couldn't keep Khabib down with his freak strength and bjj.

B) Khabib didn't elect to pull guard and go from submissions

C) This fight was boring as shit

Ok I'm not shocked about that last one but I was back back then

Lee, Gaethje, and Alvarez all have a legit shot at beating Khabib. Dude is massively overrated. Hoping he sticks around long enough to face these guys.

Taking down Barboza and Johnson isn’t the same thing as taking down a guy like Lee.
Lee has been taken down several times in his career lol, just because his offensive wrestling is great doesn't mean his TDD is anywhere near a guy like prime roided Tibau.

Lee has been taken down several times in his career lol, just because his offensive wrestling is great doesn't mean his TDD is anywhere near a guy like prime roided Tibau.

Okay, cool. It’s still light years better than Barboza and Michael Johnson lol. Hence it being a more intriguing matchup.

Khabib has been taken down by lesser grapplers too. It would be interesting.

Same goes for Eddie and Gaethje. I think Khabib has problems with them all.

Okay, cool. It’s still light years better than Barboza and Michael Johnson lol. Hence it being a more intriguing matchup.

Khabib has been taken down by lesser grapplers too. It would be interesting.

Same goes for Eddie and Gaethje. I think Khabib has problems with them all.
The difference is the very few times that Khabib has been taken down he popped right back up, or showed off his deadly guard game and almost choked out his opponent off his back. The times that Lee has been on his back his guard isn't anything special and he's just not that good off his back. Khabjb on the other hand has a lot of submissions off his back.

The difference is the very few times that Khabib has been taken down he popped right back up, or showed off his deadly guard game and almost choked out his opponent off his back. The times that Lee has been on his back his guard isn't anything special and he's just not that good off his back. Khabjb on the other hand has a lot of submissions off his back.

That’s a good point, but you’re not giving Lee enough credit (and giving Khabib too much). Khabib was a perform well with a guy like Trujillo on him, not the same as Lee.

I can’t remember any fights in recent memory where Lee was controlled on the ground. Did Al have success? Hard to use that fight as a measure of Lee’s ability, given how far he’s come. The gas tank that Lee has may separate him from other contenders. (I’m excluding the Tony fight because if the obvious medical issues Lee was having).

Imo their grappling likely negates the others and it turns into a standup fight. A fight Lee should win.

Either way it’s intriguing

Screenshot_20180827-101044_Chrome.jpg
This motherfucker is Yoel jacked and were giving Khabib shit for not ragdolling this man? He's a proven and admitted doper. This has zero relevance to Conor fight. Except what if since Usada is letting Jon off the hook they don't test Conor and only test Khabib. Jones is getting 1 year time served Usada has lost all legitimacy these things make me nervous for Khabib. Conor vs Aldo looked like Chael vs Anderson 1 when he looked absolutely fearless. It wasn't normal. In the 2nd fight when Chael was clean he looked horrified from the onset. The movie Redbelt sucked ass but they had a good line "Any two guys fighting for money there's no way the fight is fair." That especially applies in Japan but you fucked up Usada now I trust nothing and the news hasnt even broken yet but it's on the way. I don't trust Conor the UFC or Usada the fight game is so fucking dirty.

Irrelevant and period. Lance Armstrong a 20x times more relevant athlete once considered one of the best athletes ever in the history of the this f* planet got from that to a completely cheater, none of his accomplishments are valid, his reputation went down to zero, etc...

Oh yeah but a f* UFC fighter juicing is not that relevant,, his wins might still have some "value"... GTFO bro.

Biggest athlete in the world my ass. He rode a fucking bicycle.

aa3b831dfbdd7a87c9dcfbc63d9d642b.png

The most Tibau outlanded Khabib by in a single round was 2 sig strikes. He never beat Khabib's output. The striking was effectively even so the judges scored it by who was more aggressive and controlling the pace. Khabib worked harder and landed more in the clinch (where most of the fight took place).In the judges eyes Tibau was working less in what was an otherwise even fight.

In other words the judges awarded Khabib's offensive approach more than Tibau's passive approach.

He landed more strikes, that's not debatable. He shut down khabibs wrestling, that's not debatable. If you and I fight and I swing at air, while you throw less but land more, who was the more effective fighter? It doesn't matter by how many strikes or takedowns, who was more effective going by the stats, not by personal bias?

Tibau threw less strikes but landed a higher percentage. Tibau attempted less takedowns but landed a higher percentage. Answer with one word; a name. Who was the more statistically effective fighter? I say statistically so there's zero room for bias.

He landed more strikes, that's not debatable. He shut down khabibs wrestling, that's not debatable. If you and I fight and I swing at air, while you throw less but land more, who was the more effective fighter? It doesn't matter by how many strikes or takedowns, who was more effective going by the stats, not by personal bias?
Judges don't go by stats and stats do not tell the whole story. Stats are useless without context. Khabib kept Tibau on the back foot giving him the edge in octagon control. The difference in striking was marginal. Thus the more active fighter won.

Tibau threw less strikes but landed a higher percentage. Tibau attempted less takedowns but landed a higher percentage. Answer with one word; a name. Who was the more statistically effective fighter? I say statistically so there's zero room for bias.
Neither. The difference in stats (in the context of MMA scoring) is marginal.

Khabib was clearly the more active fighter. Tibau edged the stand up. Neither scored any passes, sub attempts, or GnP.

It's a draw.

Judges don't go by stats and stats do not tell the whole story. Stats are useless without context. Khabib kept Tibau on the back foot giving him the edge in octagon control. The difference in striking was marginal. Thus the more active fighter won.

Neither. The difference in stats (in the context of MMA scoring) is marginal.

Khabib was clearly the more active fighter. Tibau edged the stand up. Neither scored any passes, sub attempts, or GnP.

It's a draw.

What about TDS?

What about TDS?
No passes, no GnP, no sub attempts, thus TD by Tibau isn't very impactful in context. Khabib failed TDs but scored more cage control time and edged out strikes in the clinch.

Evens out. Draw imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back