Joe Riggs Shot Himself by accident (he's okay) Fight Cancelled

How does one clean a gun and not know its loaded...Sounds to me the gun isnt the only thing loaded.Sounds like this story is a load of shit...
This usually happens to drunk/partying tough guys,being stupid.

Word.

Or the girlfriend/wife comes home and you're getting some sweet strange poontang in her bed, she freaks out and shoots you in the leg, and then you go to the ol' cleaning the gun excuse so no one goes to jail for ten years.

Good. 'Merica hates you as well.

And guns are fine in the hands of responsible people. I'll probably be on the range this weekend.

Blowing shit up and shooting shit is in your blood when you are from Texas, son. You don't know anything about that life.
Blowin shit up and shootin shit is in the blood of every terrorist. Murica

Being in Gary I hope you have a shit ton of firearms for protection

i dont need a shit ton (but if you do, thats ok), but i need at least 1 or 2 to protect me and my family.

plus ill admit that guns are cool.

He should if this is true. Owning a deadly weapon and clearly being too irresponsible to so much as clean it is a stupid crime, but it's definitely a crime.

The punishment is already built into the crime

Riggs seems like a real hard luck guy. I feel bad for him, but it's still kind of funny. Something had to screw up his UFC return.

id rather depend on myself than to wait on someone who doesn't know me to risk his/her life. and police aren't everywhere at all times.

And not everyone lives in a town. A lot of people live out on county roads where there's not a police barracks for twenty minutes or more. Like I said, I don't own a firearm and I'm not worried about it.

But if someone is worried about it, and if they're not all fucked up mentally or have a record, it's their prerogative how they want to spend their time or defend themselves in their place of residence.

lucky that he only injured his hand and thigh.
imagine if he shot his face or chest? yikes.....

Omg, please stop
got an argument there, genius?
id rather depend on myself than to wait on someone who doesn't know me to risk his/her life. and police aren't everywhere at all times.

When was the last time you had to defend yourself with a firearm? If you're a cop or drug dealer or pimp or something, and your line of work requires you to carry one for protection, by all means, have a gun.

But if you are worried about home invasion and own a gun because of it, you're a fucking moron who wasted his money. ADT home security or a new set of locks is what you want.

I'm shocked he didn't kill an intruder

Slightly playing as I don't wanna be the dick that turns everything political. And truthfully I wouldn't care if everyone on the planet had guns just so long as the only people that got shot had it coming. But people in general tend to be idiots. Then there is just bad luck or someone not knowing what they should. But it is the rare. Rare exception you hear about an armed homeowner killing a would be home invader compared to the number of times people accidentally shoot themselves or others or their kid gets access to it and accidentally shoots himself or a friend or intentionally goes and kills someone.

If you can't clean your gun without shooting yourself you probably shouldn't have one. Just like a certain NFL player who shot himself because he thought he could keep a gun in place in the band of sweatpants at a night club. I seriously feel less when honest but stupid proper own guns.

Lol, sorry Righs I like ya but no defending this

Why must every sherdog thread turn into a gun debate? Or religious, or political? Can't we all just laugh at the unforunate event that occurred in Joe "Plaxico Bob" Riggs personal life??

got an argument there, genius?

When was the last time you had to defend yourself with a firearm? If you're a cop or drug dealer or pimp or something, and your line of work requires you to carry one for protection, by all means, have a gun.

But if you are worried about home invasion and own a gun because of it, you're a fucking moron who wasted his money. ADT home security or a new set of locks is what you want.

New locks? I guess there are no windows in this house. I guess a swat teams comes with ADT who zip lines down from the ceiling the second the alarm goes off.

My buddy's car has been broken into three times in the last month. If they decide to hit up his house, he has a shotgun under his bed waiting for them. If you don't agree with it, then live your life the way you want. Your criticism comes from a place of ignorance and condescension.

The punishment is already built into the crime

Riggs seems like a real hard luck guy. I feel bad for him, but it's still kind of funny. Something had to screw up his UFC return.

For him, yes. But you understand the issue, right? In applying for a license to own a firearm, one agrees to be a responsible owner.

Allowing an accident like this to happen violates that agreement. Like, even if Jon Jones had been driving alone when the Bentley met the pole, it was still reckless and a crime.

A shit load of people do this with Glock pistols. You have to pull the trigger to disassemble them. Lots and lots of people forget to check the chamber or rack it with a magazine in and then have a negligent discharge.

Back