Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Rose Namajunas Set For UFC 217 in NYC (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I've been a big fan of Joanna from the time of her Cage Warriors fight with Rosie Sexton, and I believe I was the first Sherdogger to use a Joanna avatar (and wouldn't be surprised if I was the first Sherdogger to master the spelling of Jedrzejczyk :D). I've never ever rooted against Joanna in any fight... until now. But my best wishes are going to the underdog Rose this time.

I think Rose can get a submission finish. Jessica Penne managed to take Joanna's back standing, but it was too late in the round for her to make use of it. I think that if Jessica could manage that, then Rose can also do it, and do it better. Rose is even better at taking fighters' backs while standing than Jessica is, in my opinion, and excellent at getting her hooks in and finishing by rear naked choke once she has someone's back.

Glad Jedi got on this card, she's gonna make some bank!

Rose could make it a scrap if she can get it to the ground. That said, if Karolina could ragdoll her and smash her standing, Joanna might retire her.
Does anyone even acknowledge the girl Is super young?

That fight happened almost a year and a half ago..

She's like 25 and getting better literally every fight..

use ur heads when analyzing kids

Good fight.

Going with JJ from a bettors perspective but would like to see Rose pull of the win.

I expect JJ to dominate for a few reasons: talent, experience, conditioning, heart of a champion, but Rose has power in her hands, a tricky arsenal of kicks, and great subs. I give her 10 minutes before she is defeated mentally.

use ur heads when analyzing kids

During her life Joanna done 10-15 times more fights than Rose I see it as big problem. 2xmore experience in mma. Fight IQ difference will be huge.
Not like Rose has no chance, but you can't skip some things here, with atleticism and good bjj.
You need experience.

During her life Joanna done 10-15 times more fights than Rose I see it as big problem. 2xmore experience in mma. Fight IQ difference will be huge.
Not like Rose has no chance, but you can't skip some things here, with atleticism and good bjj.
You need experience.
Rose has been training martial arts since she was 5. She has 2 black belts and is a solid brown belt In jits. It's not like she has no experience.

Joanna definitely has the edge In experience competitively and It may carry her this fight.

On paper Joanna wins, It's just silly to count Rose out.

She's so young, has so much potential and Is literally a different fighter / person every time she steps In there.

Training with Valentina doesn't hurt either. Another fighter with a ton of experience who's actually beaten Joanna multiple times.

Cyborg vs (insert can)

True...but i think joanna is a much more technical striker than cyborg...she's going to be a night mare for poor rose....feel sorry for rose...she's going to get her face kicked in....no exaggeration...this is going to be a slaughter...

Rose has been training martial arts since she was 5. She has 2 black belts and is a solid brown belt In jits. It's not like she has no experience.

Joanna definitely has the edge In experience competitively and It may carry her this fight.

On paper Joanna wins, It's just silly to count Rose out.

She's so young, has so much potential and Is literally a different fighter / person every time she steps In there.

Training with Valentina doesn't hurt either. Another fighter with a ton of experience who's actually beaten Joanna multiple times.

valentina competes in 2 weight classes above joanna...and valentina beat her in kickboxing, not mma...different size gloves, etc....but valentina is too big, so it's not really fair...I think that joanna can beat her in mma though...

Odds will be like -700 on Joanna.

valentina competes in 2 weight classes above joanna...and valentina beat her in kickboxing, not mma...different size gloves, etc....but valentina is too big, so it's not really fair...I think that joanna can beat her in mma though...
she does, but she's really not that much bigger at all. Valentina doesn't cut weight to make 135. Joanna cuts a lot of weight to make 115
It's kickboxing but when you've fought someone multiple times, you pick up on a lot of their habits and tendencies. Definitely the best training partner Rose could possibly have.
and no

Joanna does not beat Valentina in MMA.

ahaha, have you seen joanna's fights? have you seen rose's fights? and you're calling me an idiot. hahah f'kin retard. go blow some more :eek::eek::eek:s...haha
Yes and I broke It down myself.

You said It's the biggest mismatch in WMMA history. So, therefore..you're an Idiot.

Your analysis is garbage.

valentina competes in 2 weight classes above joanna...

Two weight classes above Rose as well, and so Rose has had to develop her skills, and tolerance for pain and pressure, to handle what Shevchenko dishes out to her when they train hard... and both Rose and Valentina have reputations for playing hard during training.

We can all agree Joanna is favourite. Ocatgon will show who is better fighter.

Back