Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Rose Namajunas Set For UFC 217 in NYC (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
They always want to support the big headliners like a GSP and make the card as stacked as possible. It's better for their stars, and their brand to make sure their good cards are REALLY good. GSP's return is arguably one of the most interesting MMA matches to watch.
December still has options. But they all want a new deal/more money. Conor, Stipe, Cyborg, & Max. Woodley & Nunes could be available for DEC 30th. Worse comes to worse, Whittaker may have to defend his interim vs Rockhold/Branch lol

JJ via UD. I'm not counting out Rose though, I'm actually very excited for this one than I have been for some of Joanna's other fights.

If Joanna beats Rose then that's 4/5 of the Top 5 (Tecia's the only one left) and 5/10 of the Top 10 (Esparza who's #7). JJ's starting to slowly clear the division out. I'm expecting whoever wins the Tecia vs. Michelle fight to challenge the champ after this one next (That is if they do Torres v. Waterson, which they should). If they don't go with Torres vs. Waterson then set Torres up with the winner of Herrig vs. Casey.

Wouldn't be surprised if Joanna moves up to 125 soon, the 115 division is running out of contenders.

Last fight until she cleans out the division ... onto 125 after

Now that's a fucking fight!

This cards shaping up to be card of the year, no question. Too many good matchups.

Thug Rose rises the occasion and pulls the upset if she can stay out of the clinch for long periods
I hope Joanna skips the punch/kick game this time around and just MAUL Rose in the clinch for the entire match.

Rose may be much better at clinching now, than she was against Karolina, after doing so much training with Valentina Shevchenko.

Looking forward to Joanna's interactions with "Patrick" - both graduates of Team Perfect.

I like them both as far as watching wmma should of been on 218 Detroit is gonna get shit on like Edmonton.

Greedy pricks ... there is no need for 2 ppvs in December with one sandwiched between MSG and Year end Vegas.

Rose is skilled but she doesn't have the cardio to contest JJ, nowhere near it actually

I'm calling for an upset here where styles make for a good fight and we're seeing a focused and confident Rose.
If JJ looks past Rose, she will lose ....and at juicy odds

Rose is skilled but she doesn't have the cardio to contest JJ, nowhere near it actually

Rose lives and trains at high altitude in Colorado. Her cardio won't be an issue, imo.

It pretty much was a for gone conclusion that
they would end up meeting do to the fact Rose
was the #1 contender after UFC On Fox in
April and Joanna beat Jessica Andrade in the
month of May in Dallas.

wouldn't count Rose out. She looked like a beast In her last fight. She's also been training with Valentina for the last year and Is 25 years old..she hasn't even hit anywhere near her peak yet and Is getting better Insanely fast.

On paper Joanna should win this but It's silly to count Rose out.

She might surprise everyone and just win.

she certainly has the right training partner for It, who knows Joanna quite well.

At the very least this fight will be competitive.

If rose loses this fight, she'll come back and beat her In the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back