Jiu-Jitsu VS The World Film Update

While I enjoyed the film and appreciate the effort, it didn't quite resonate with as much as Roll did. As I watched JJVTW, I kept waiting for an announcer to break and say "and if you act now, for only 3 easy payments of 49.99, you also receive..." Again, I applaud the effort and thank you guys for continuing to make films about BJJ; for me, this latest film didn't seem to capture what I thought JJVTW was going to be about.

While I enjoyed the film and appreciate the effort, it didn't quite resonate with as much as Roll did. As I watched JJVTW, I kept waiting for an announcer to break and say "and if you act now, for only 3 easy payments of 49.99, you also receive..." Again, I applaud the effort and thank you guys for continuing to make films about BJJ; for me, this latest film didn't seem to capture what I thought JJVTW was going to be about.

Thanks for the feedback man, much appreciated. Yeah I don't think your're alone with that conclusion, for some people it's too much of a "celebration of jiu-jitsu" if you will, which I totally get. I think a lot of people went in expecting something else but from the offset I had always billed this film to be about the positive effects of training jiu-jitsu and how it can benefit you in your life. I'd aimed to try and capture what it is that makes the art/sport so special. For some people it did just that and for others it was too much, either way I'm happy with the film overall and hope it can be taken for what it is and maybe even help spread a positive message about jiu-jitsu.

From a filmmakers perspective I'm always aiming to get better and looking for ways in which I can improve so all of the feedback is being taken on board and will be implemented in future projects. I'm kind of leaning towards the next film focussing on only a small number of people, maybe even just one person.. we'll see...

Thanks again for the support and watching my films.

Best,
Dan

For all interested here's a preview of some of the deleted scenes and bonus content in the digital download package we put together for the film.

Best,
Dan

Back