Jiu-Jitsu VS The World Film Update

Glad you enjoyed it guys and thanks for supporting the project from the beginning. I'll post the video when it's released properly on Sunday

Glad you enjoyed it guys and thanks for supporting the project from the beginning. I'll post the video when it's released properly on Sunday
What time today will this be available on yt?

*Fiendishly waiting for reply*

Just finished watching. Wow, thank you so much for all the hard work you put in. It's a very comprehensive inside look into this wonderful community we all take part in.

Beautifully done. I watched on YT but also bought the download, glad I was able to support the effort in even a little way.

This was fantastic. I actually watched it with my wife who has always said she has no desire to ever train and after finishing it she was actually considering trying a class. Powerful stuff.

loved it. sending the link to all my friends who i've been trying to convince to start bjj

Enjoyed it, thanks.

Question: How did you choose the persons/schools to be in the film? Just curious.

I'm just wondering - How much more work is it for the filmmakers to add subtitles to their films? Only for interviews or when someone is talking, no subtitles for background music needed. I'm deaf, so it feels like I'm missing out on a bunch of awesome jiu jitsu documentaries.

Enjoyed it, thanks.

Question: How did you choose the persons/schools to be in the film? Just curious.

I wanted to get a good range of people in the film and in this instance try to include jiu-jitsu guys/girls that aren't seen as often in other BJJ videos. I also thought it would be cool to hear from some people that have been successful in other areas before finding jiu-jitsu (DJ Rhettmatic, Trev and Harley etc) We were travelling down parts of the East and West coasts of America and so had to look at the various schools that were accessible on the trip and then find people that fit.

There was a lot of people in the film which I think worked well for this kind of subject matter of promoting the positive message of jiu-jitsu but I think for my next project I want to do a more in depth and personal film on just one or maybe two people.

Thanks for watching, hope you enjoyed it :)

Dan

I'm just wondering - How much more work is it for the filmmakers to add subtitles to their films? Only for interviews or when someone is talking, no subtitles for background music needed. I'm deaf, so it feels like I'm missing out on a bunch of awesome jiu jitsu documentaries.

Hey man, I'm working on getting the Portuguese and Spanish subtitles sorted for the film this week, so I'll most likely be doing transcription in English as part of the process. I can't promise it will be this week but i'll also add the English subs up as soon as possible too.

New drinking game. Every time someone says "jiu jitsu" take a shot. It was nice speaking to you all! Haha.

Cool video. I appreciate that you try to find a balance between fundraising in a way that rewards your supporters and still releasing it to the public. Admittedly I'm one of those cheap fucks that will either pirate something or just not watch it, but I think it's cool (and beneficial) to get as wide an audience as possible. Compared to flograppling putting everything behind an overpriced paywall and squeezing every thing they can, it's refreshing

Back