News Jiri didnt tell full truth in post interview to "protect" Goddard from hate recording to his recent Czech interviews

" He knocked me for little moment, but i was already recovered when we fell down."
If you were unconscious, that means the fight was over Jiri.

Last edited:

^
Jiri still impressed in his loss. Those calf kicks from Poatan are a killer especially for someone who’s heavy on their lead leg, and yet Jiri still fought through the adversity, even looking like he could get a finish at one point after refusing to accept the course of the fight. That’s championship stuff

^
Jiri still impressed in his loss. Those calf kicks from Poatan are a killer especially for someone who’s heavy on their lead leg, and yet Jiri still fought through the adversity, even looking like he could get a finish at one point after refusing to accept the course of the fight. That’s championship stuff
He lost that fight, but those fighters reside within the same realm. S tier fighters with real warrior spirits

That man was in worse conditions multiple times in his career and he came back, thought this was obvious.
When exactly was the worse condition he came back from?

Genuinly curious. I don't expect a reply though lol. I think you just talked out of your ass sir.

Good for Jiri, but dammit, these insufferable refs shouldn't be protected. They need to be called out and shamed every time they fuck up like this. Early stoppages are a disgrace to the sport.
<DisgustingHHH>

This is all a bit similar to the O'Malley v Sterling stuff at the time. I think we need a special rule for title fights, I call it the "signs of life" rule.

Basically, you can only stop a title fight if it's unequivocally obvious that one guy is totally, irrevocably done.

That doesn't mean they have to be out cold, they can be glazed eyed, motionless and incapable of defending themselves. But if there are signs of life - like Jiri and Aljo displayed, you should not be stopping the fight.

Doesn't matter if you've just taken X number of unanswered blows (Aljo) or briefly lost consciousness (Jiri). You continue until it is quite clear to all but the most demented of nut-hugger fan boys that the other guy has won.

Thems the rules. The UFC should be upfront about it. This is what a title fight / defence entails.

You just need to be showing a form of intelligent defence after being given a reasonable time to do this.

Aljo stoppage was ok because flailing your arms around isn't intelligent. JIri had his arms up defending after being mounted from being dropped.
He was getting pummeled in the head in all of those 15 strikes. While, Jiri was grabbing desperately at Alex's legs, that does not constitute defense. Fact is, he was not doing anything to stop those sledgehammers from landing in his head clean.

Again, regarding Glover, it has nothing to do with the Alex situation since Alex is twice as strong, much bigger and hits way harder with so much more weight behind his punches (because he weighs 235 lbs at fight night). It has absolutely NOTHING to do with Alex landing those sledge hammers in his head.

99% probability Alex would have given Jiri CTE, if the fight had continued for another 2 - 3 seconds. I would give it less than 1% chance Jiri would have pulled a rabbit out of his hat and reversed the tide because the circumstances all are against that. Goddard saved Jiri's life when he was helplessly on his back and had no answer to the slaedgehammers Alex was landing. Jiri should be thanking Goddard for saving his life and extending his career, but his inflated and bruised ego would not let him since he wants to pretend he would have magically turned the tide. Talk is cheap as they say

View attachment 1012946

Haha that's comical. Here is the actual end sequence.
He is fully with it and in the process of turning the corner until the last two shots connect. He falls back with his arms fully ready to defend any follow up. At no point was he fully out or not in the process of defending himself in any position he was in. It's right there on video.

The best picture you have didn't even occur during the stoppage and even shows a completely conscious Jiri looking at his opponents position and in no way unconscious.

Goddard stopped the fight because Jiri got mounted after being dropped. Don't try and defend that sort of crap officiating.

I don't really care. He was out cold twice and mounted with his arms laying on the mat. He was eventually going to earn a ventilator, not a win.
At no point do his arms even come close to touching the mat during that stoppage. They are up protecting him at all times in the 2 seconds before it's stopped after he is dropped. You need to rewatch the fight.

It never really mattered what he thought. We all saw him go limp eating unanswered shots with Alex in full mount.
WHy do people keep making up stuff that didn't happen for this fight? He goes for a single after being dropped, takes some shots in the process and then gets dropped as he is coming up and falls back. Fight gets stopped in the mount position. He has his hands up in the position to defend himself and ALex doesn;t land a single follow up shot. Only the shot that rock him and the shot as he falls back appear to actually do any damage. He is moving and working through every single other shot and already back as Alex gets mount.

You mean like he's done in almost every UFC fight he's had so far?
Or the fact that prior to the hook, Jiri had been the one landing shots and put ALex back against the cage from flush strikes.
Alex had a legit highlight reel stoppage stolen from him and Jiri had the chance to actually fight back from the ground taken from him.
The fans got robbed of a fight due to Goddard's panic stoppage.

I wish Goddard would have let Pereira finish pounding him to sleep, that way we wouldn’t have to deal with all the excuses.

I guess that's kind of him, for Goddard, it's true that some reactions can reach absurd proportions. But telling now that it was, in fact, a lie, kinda defeats the purpose of the whole thing (and will probably sound like excuses to some people)

You just need to be showing a form of intelligent defence after being given a reasonable time to do this.

Aljo stoppage was ok because flailing your arms around isn't intelligent. JIri had his arms up defending after being mounted from being dropped.

Haha that's comical. Here is the actual end sequence.
He is fully with it and in the process of turning the corner until the last two shots connect. He falls back with his arms fully ready to defend any follow up. At no point was he fully out or not in the process of defending himself in any position he was in. It's right there on video.

The best picture you have didn't even occur during the stoppage and even shows a completely conscious Jiri looking at his opponents position and in no way unconscious.

Goddard stopped the fight because Jiri got mounted after being dropped. Don't try and defend that sort of crap officiating.

It's not "intelligent defense" to collapse and pull the guy into full mount on top of you. Pulling guard, sure, okay - maybe there's some instinct that's still working in your brain even if you're mostly out. But when you flop backward like that, you're out. I understand that Jiri has an excellent recovery time and was probably conscious when the fight was officially stopped. But Goddard called it off because Jiri WAS out, no matter how briefly.

If the fight had gone on, I wouldn't have had an issue with it, just like I didn't have an issue with the Reyes fight continuing because the ref didn't realize the upkick put Jiri out. But it wasn't a bad stoppage at all, and acting like Goddard screwed up is just denial about the reality of the situation.

When a fight is called off and then the TKO'd fighter is still wrestling the ref afterward, is that an early stoppage? Or maybe - just maybe - is it possible that a fighter's instincts will keep them going even when their brain is nowhere close to being functional?

WHy do people keep making up stuff that didn't happen for this fight? He goes for a single after being dropped, takes some shots in the process and then gets dropped as he is coming up and falls back. Fight gets stopped in the mount position. He has his hands up in the position to defend himself and ALex doesn;t land a single follow up shot. Only the shot that rock him and the shot as he falls back appear to actually do any damage. He is moving and working through every single other shot and already back as Alex gets mount.
When you get knocked out the fight is over, the fact that he had to come back should tell you that it was a good stoppage.

It's not "intelligent defense" to collapse and pull the guy into full mount on top of you. Pulling guard, sure, okay - maybe there's some instinct that's still working in your brain even if you're mostly out. But when you flop backward like that, you're out. I understand that Jiri has an excellent recovery time and was probably conscious when the fight was officially stopped. But Goddard called it off because Jiri WAS out, no matter how briefly.

If the fight had gone on, I wouldn't have had an issue with it, just like I didn't have an issue with the Reyes fight continuing because the ref didn't realize the upkick put Jiri out. But it wasn't a bad stoppage at all, and acting like Goddard screwed up is just denial about the reality of the situation.

When a fight is called off and then the TKO'd fighter is still wrestling the ref afterward, is that an early stoppage? Or maybe - just maybe - is it possible that a fighter's instincts will keep them going even when their brain is nowhere close to being functional?

All that happened was he got dropped and they ended up in mount. It's no different to any other fighter getting dropped in a fight and ending up on the bottom. Every action prior to being dropped was intelligent defence or him working for a takedown, he gets dropped and then is immediately defending himself again as the fight is stopped. His hands are up, he takes no follow up and Goddard is already stopping the fight. At no point can you definitely say he is fully out and unconscious in that sequence. He stopped it prematurely.

It's MMA, the ground exists. We saw a fight the previous week (with Goddard reffing) which had someone survive for the majority of the fight from the same position. The fighter obtained mount multiple times and couldn;t generate enough offence to finish the fight. The same ref was taking about standing up a fighter from mount because he wasn't landing enough offence. 1 week prior the mount was a position to be stood up from, the following week it's a position to immediately stop the fight in.

It's a crazy level of inconsistency for a high profile ref who is adjudicating main event fights with major implications.

Goddard did screw up. Everyone said it live and only changed their minds when Jiri said he was out. You take shots in MMA attempting takedowns and you get hurt and reversed sometimes. That was not the right time to stop that fight. Goddard should have let the mount position play out, but he stopped the fight before we had a real stoppage.

He must've been pretty clear headed to read the situation and make that judgment after taking those shots. Fuck those elbows are so dangerous for fighters who find the right opportunity to apply them effectively. I'm always going to be excited for Jiri's fights, I hope he improves and becomes the martial arts master he believes he can be.

chumbawamba-tubthumping.gif

When you get knocked out the fight is over, the fact that he had to come back should tell you that it was a good stoppage.
Show me where he gets knocked out at any point? He gets dropped 2x. First time he is immediately on a single and working for a takedwon. Second he has both arms up protecting himself as he gets mounted.

Jiri himself said he wasn't out in the most recent interview.

Back