News Jiri didnt tell full truth in post interview to "protect" Goddard from hate recording to his recent Czech interviews

Tokoloko

Czech MMA on the rise!
@purple
Reaction score
Here is fast summary of multiple interviews where Jiri describes what really happened in fight with Pereira, what are his thoughts on fight and future plans, etc...

- Jiri says that he was not completely out, definitely able to continue and believes that he was eventually going to win. Just needed few more seconds from Goddard. ( „But i accept it because result, is the result")

- Didnt want to put Goddard under hate of fans and "roast" him on "stage".

- Thinks that everything went well for 1.5 round then his "killer instict" switched on and he stopped to follow gameplan, needs to fix that.

- He doesnt take last fight as loss but more like lesson.

- Trained only for 5 days due to unspecified injuries and infection.

- Wants to fight again soon as possible. (Basically everyone in LHW is booked so Jiri tried to call out Khamzat after his callouts to Pereira...but Khamzat wont fight Jiri.)

- Wants rematch with Pereira soon as possible.

Bonus:

„It was early finish if u reconsider what type of fighter iam. He knocked me for little moment, but i was already recovered when we fell down. Iam trained to continue in these kind of situtions and overcome difficult moments like this. So i dont take this as lose, its just a result for me. Its not fatal, iam not dead.“

„I need to beat someone from top 5 now and again proove my qualities, then i can call out Champion. I want next fight soon as possible"

Source (only Czech language and no subtitles) -

(Prochazka:I would be able to win. Referee stopped it early. I didnt want to start "roasting" him there instantly.)

(Prochazka about fight with Pereira: I was impatient. Finish? I just needed few more seconds.)

here come the excuses

'trained only for 5 days' bla bla blal. he is saving face in is home country. he didnt need a couple of seconds to recover, he was being blasted and goddard saved him. he wore the excuse with dignity now he seems like a turd.

Next title shot should go to the Ankalaev vs Hill winner (Hill won't be ready until the 2nd half of 2024, no point making Pereira wait 6+ months for him) in the meantime Jiri can fight the Blachowicz vs Rakic 2 winner imo.

Here is fast summary of multiple interviews where Jiri describes what really happened in fight with Pereira, what are his thoughts on fight and future plans, etc...

- Jiri says that he was not completely out, definitely able to continue and believes that he was eventually going to win. Just needed few more seconds from Goddard. ( „But i accept it because result, is the result")

- Didnt want to put Goddard under hate of fans and "roast" him on "stage".

- Thinks that everything went well for 1.5 round then his "killer instict" switched on and he stopped to follow gameplan, needs to fix that.

- He doesnt take last fight as loss but more like lesson.

- Trained only for 5 days due to unspecified injuries and infection.

- Wants to fight again soon as possible. (Basically everyone in LHW is booked so Jiri tried to call out Khamzat after his callouts to Pereira...but Khamzat wont fight Jiri.)

- Wants rematch with Pereira soon as possible.

Bonus:

„It was early finish if u reconsider what type of fighter iam. He knocked me for little moment, but i was already recovered when we fell down. Iam trained to continue in these kind of situtions and overcome difficult moments like this. So i dont take this as lose, its just a result for me. Its not fatal, iam not dead.“

„I need to beat someone from top 5 now and again proove my qualities, then i can call out Champion. I want next fight soon as possible"

Source (only Czech language and no subtitles) -

(Prochazka:I would be able to win. Referee stopped it early. I didnt want to start "roasting" him there instantly.)

(Prochazka about fight with Pereira: I was impatient. Finish? I just needed few more seconds.)

This is literally what I've been arguing with people about for weeks. He was trying to do Mark Goddard a solid and not throw him under the bus. He obviously thought he could continue, he says it in the exact same interview.

Math does not lie. The same excuses continue.. Excuses are always easy to make once it is done. 15 unanswered strike to various places in his head. He was completely out and did not know where he was when he fell back. Another couple of seconds and a 235 lbs sledgehammer like Alex would have landed another 10 strikes in his head guaranteeing him CTE.

It is laughably pathetic for someone to even remotely not understand the probability is next to nil that Jiri magically could have recovered from the heavy bombs Alex was landing and suddenly reversed the tide. No, Glover is no Alex and does not land half as devastating shots as Alex lands so don't compare it to how Jiri was able to weather Glover's storm. Glover is a grappler and not an elite level striker who happens to be huge and very strong naturally like Alex.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I did think for a second that he was being kind to Goddard but hey he wasn’t winning the fight from there you feel. But then again look at what he did against Glover.

I stand by my original assessment. FFS Goddard you poopoo face!

MMA interviews are a waste of time. All professional fighters are crazy, delusional or often both. You have to be to get to the top.

Almost all fighters formulate reasons they should have won in the aftermath of a loss. It protects the confidence you need to not overthink during a fight. Some will admit to the excuses they have given themselves, some won't. They are also incentervised to not be honest about thier training or the technical aspects of thier game. It's impossible to tell what's honest, partly honest, a purposeful lie or simply delusional. It's got even worst after Conor managed to convince a worryingly large percentage of fighters they needed a wrestling type persona to sell fights (I thought it was the promoters job to promote fights, hence the 100s of millions Dana has been paid despite never having risked serious longterm brain injury actually doing what the entire product is; fighting).

MMA interviews with fighter are largely a waste of time for anything outside of the entertainment you might derive from hagiography.

Last edited:
I did think for a second that he was being kind to Goddard but hey he wasn’t winning the fight from there you feel. But then again look at what he did against Glover.

I stand by my original assessment. FFS Goddard you poopoo face!

He does have a poo poo face.

Boooo the poms!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back