Jesse Ventura, Wins American Sniper Lawsuit, after 5 years of battle

What a weird situation. But some people are compulsive s liars. And apparently that has no bearing on how well they shoot.

He still fought a man that could not defend himself......at the end of the day....nothing changes that.

No he fought his estate. Read it again. If i said all kinds of lies that damaged your reputation and i put it in my book and then died, you wouldnt look to clear that shit up?

I've already said I found his compulsion to make up stories extremely strange. As for the rest, he was a member of an elite unit, carefully selected and highly trained to do one thing: kill the enemy. Most soldiers, marines etc who serve in such units enjoy killing. In the same way an NFL Quarterback enjoys scoring a TD, or an MMA fighter enjoys choking out or KO'ing an opponent. It's not so much the act of taking life they enjoy as the knowledge that they have faced a man trying to kill them and beaten him. Professionals will always take pride in their work.

No. Some of them actually do like killing people. Sadism is par for the course in the history of warfare. People like that have a way of getting into positions of killing people.

And is Einstein too ridiculous? As he famously once said "it is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing more than an act of murder''.

That is exactly what the people from Isis say and what the Nazi's said too: "It's not murder because my team did the killing". Crazy wars happen because people feel if they murder, 'it's OK, my government wanted me to; Im not morally responsible'. Murder is still murder, and wars will only stop when people start taking accountability and calling a spade a spade.

U understand using that logic. Einstein is Hitler.

Him and another sniper were on top of the Superdome sniping looters. Supposedly.
I'll never understood why someone with legitimate accomplishments like Kyle would lie about stupid things. Reminds me of a decorated Master Guns (E9 in the USMC) who got busted lying about supposedly being a scout sniper.

I think the story was they were sniping armed people.

Was obviously a lie though

ee21182657b3643d1ffb60fbf8ae5ff8--jesse-ventura-wrestling-superstars.jpg

Kyle's worst nightmare. LOL

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure juiced out 6'4 250lb jesse would kick kyle's ass in a bar fight.

but could he lift teh 325.........after lifting and jerking off twice, brother?

That's SEALs for you. The average SEAL is something like 21 years old. They're just young and hungry for notoriety. Definitely not the perfect culture, but that's why most members of the military have a beef with them. I personally always wondered why a Navy unit was doing combat missions in the mountains of Afghanistan with me, but those are decisions made above my pay grade. Anyways, with a culture like that, you end up with guys looking to tell stories to make themselves look cool. That said, some of them are pretty awesome and brave dudes, and their organizational flaws do not wipe away all their organizational and individual merits.

Average age is 30

I have a lot of respect and admiration for the armed forces but I read quite a few stories/articles from legitimate sources that painted Chris Kyle as a real piece of shit.

You seem upset.

Chris Kyle was a liar and a true coward.

A liar yes. A coward? He won the Silver Star and four Bronze Stars with the V clasp, which denotes the medal was awarded for Valour in Combat. You can dislike the guy all you want because he lied about his achievements, or because you think he was a psychopath who enjoyed killing people. But he was not a coward.

-Claims more medals and kills than hes credited for
-Claims to have been sent to New Orleans after Katrina, and shot numerous looters from atop the superdome
-Shot and killed a robber at a gas station
-Claims Ventura, while in a Seal bar and event, was laughing and dishonoring at recently killed Seals. So He approached him and knocked him out cold, in the bar.

This garbage right here is what drives me crazy about this story, and the fact that this is what this case was built off of. Neither of those "stories" can be backed up by an actual witness who could attest to anyone actually saying they heard the story from Chris Kyle, except for a single former SEAL who wrote an article about the Katrina story for his blog, after Kyle died. That same SEAL had prior to this been kicked out of the SEAL community for alleging that he killed a bunch of Taliban fighters on a raid in 2002 that he wasn't even on, who were actually killed by an air strike.

The "Shot some robbers" story comes from some rural sherrif's department in Texas who claimed to a reporter to have handled the call themselves and talked to Kyle about it. The Reporter's digging into it lead to a huge game of "Well, it wasn't actually me, it was Jim, I just said it was me." That goes all the way to a deputy then saying it came from a deputy he knew in the next county over who was actually the one who'd responded to it, in that county, not the original county at all, thus leading to another game of "Well, I told him it was me, but it was actually a story I heard from Randy" all the way down the line to none of these deputies actually being able to say that any of them had ever seen Chris Kyle in person before, ever, much less him telling them this story or any deputy anywhere in Texas responding to any member of the military killing sme carjackers anywhere in Texas. Oh, BTW, this stroy also came out after Kyle's death with him not being able to defend himself.

Lastly, he is recognized by the Military as having a number of unconfirmed kills. That'a real thing. Jesse Ventura has no "Reputation" within the SEAL community and hasn't since the 90's when he ran for governor of Minnesota and was forced to admit he was never a SEAL and never served in Vietnam.

Didnt he have a team of lawyers with millions on the line? kyle wasnt exactly helpless.

when you write a book you open yourself up to these things.

and kyle should have never wrote a book in the first place if he was true to his warrior ethos correct?

He's F**king dead......

What is your bone to pick with Jesse Ventura?

You seem awfully triggered by this situation.

He's a massive liar and was forced to admit he was never a SEAL back when he was Governor of Minnesota...

@silicavaginitis he didnt sue Kyle. He sued the publisher and Kyle's estate. The publisher's insurance should cover this shit. Either way, the cocksucker got rich off lies. Lies about events. Lies about people. Fuck him!

He's a massive liar and was forced to admit he was never a SEAL back when he was Governor of Minnesota...

Got it so the UDT Navy men of WWII are not considered SEALs? That's like saying that guys who served First Special Service Force were not Special Forces because they did not earn a tab. They're absolutely considered to be part of the Regiment and the legacy, and no one questions anyone from those eras saying they're a Green Beret.

I'm sure any UDT guy would have liked to have this conversation. They're SEALs and no SEAL from that era would question someone who was a UDT saying they're a SEAL.

I did a google search and I don't see where Jesse ever claimed to have been in combat? All I see his him being vague but not making any claims.

Jesse is sorta of a tool but Chris point blank lied about what happened, in his book and in interviews. Jesse gets a bad rap but for decades he was a respected prior SEAL.

Here's a Navy SEAL putting it out there: https://sofrep.com/36086/truth-jesse-venturas-navy-seal-status/

Got it so the UDT Navy men of WWII are not considered SEALs? That's like saying that guys who served First Special Service Force were not Special Forces because they did not earn a tab.

I'm sure any UDT guy would have liked to have this conversation. They're SEALs and no SEAL from that era would question someone who was a UDT saying they're a SEAL.

I did a google search and I don't see where Jesse ever claimed to have been in combat? All I see his him being vague but not making any claims.

Jesse is sorta of a tool but Chris point blank lied about what happened, in his book and in interviews. Jesse gets a bad rap but for decades he was a respected prior SEAL.

Jesse was a UDT guy at the same time the SEALS existed. He elected to stay in the UDTs instead of becoming a SEAL and going to combat in Vietnam. He chose to stay UDT and stay in the Manilla instead of joining a unit that suffered the highest casualty ratings of the Vietnam War, then pretend like he was there 20 years later when running for office. And see my above posts for Chris Kyle's "lies".

Jesse was a UDT guy at the same time the SEALS existed. He elected to stay in the UDTs instead of becoming a SEAL and going to combat in Vietnam. He chose to stay UDT and stay in the Manilla instead of joining a unit that suffered the highest casualty ratings of the Vietnam War, then pretend like he was there 20 years later when running for office. And see my above posts for Chris Kyle's "lies".

So Jesse Ventura is a coward?

Here's Chris Kyle lying about punching Jesse in the face, he says, "In the face" is where he hit him.

Got it so the UDT Navy men of WWII are not considered SEALs? That's like saying that guys who served First Special Service Force were not Special Forces because they did not earn a tab. They're absolutely considered to be part of the Regiment and the legacy, and no one questions anyone from those eras saying they're a Green Beret.

Here's a Navy SEAL putting it out there: https://sofrep.com/36086/truth-jesse-venturas-navy-seal-status/

He isn't a SEAL. There is a simple analogy to explain this: imagine Duke used to be a Division 3 basketball team in the 1960s. You played for Duke during that time. Decades after you leave, Duke becomes a Division 1 school. Then the person from the 1960s claiming they played D1 ball. No, they didn't.

He said said many times he is a SEAL but when pressed admitted he wasn't. UDT in WW2 was NOT the same as in Nam. Get your facts straight. UDT was the real deal during WW2.

In recognition of the differing missions, the Navy classified frogmen as “5321s” and

SEALs as “5326s.” The SEALs and frogmen also had different unit cartoon totems:

Freddie the Frog and Sammy the Seal.

These are not distinctions without differences. No one from UDT during the Vietnam

War would dare misrepresent himself as a SEAL. Consider this: SEAL Team One,

with roughly the same number of men as UDT 12, had 34 killed during the war. I

knew many of them. UDT 12 lost but a single man. 34:1.

Ventura's spokesman, John Wodele, confirms Ventura was in the UDT's, and he says the Governor has never tried to convince people otherwise.Wodele: If you travel with the governor and spend any amount of time with him, he is very forthcoming and accurate in terms of his relationship with the United States Navy. He talks about the fact that he was in the Underwater Demolition Team. In fact, he has corrected me in the past.

http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/199912/14_kastem_seals/

Of course Ventura is full of shit and claimed to be a SEAL all the time.

• "Even while I was a Navy SEAL, I participated in the 1970s peace movement. I marched at peace rallies. I admit it wasn't so much because of my great love of peace as it was because of my great love of female companionship. To the women in the movement, I was the poor beleaguered victim of the system, sent off against his will to fight this horrible war. They didn't realize that the navy had no draft!"

"A Navy SEAL will defy death at least twice a week. When you get that kind of familiarity with death, barriers go down, and anything else seems insignificant."

Last edited:
Back