Jesse Ventura, Wins American Sniper Lawsuit, after 5 years of battle

So if you or your family looted a store for supplies, owing to a natural disaster, you would think it was perfectly reasonable to be killed for it?

Even if people are taking non essentials stuff, it's still just theft, doesn't want killing the person. Laws state , you can only kill if there is imminent threat to life and liberty.
All them supplies at Foot Locker and the Best Buy....

Doesn't matter, if the person does not pose a threat, there is no moral or legal grounds to kill them. Those looters are rank amateurs compared to thieving by white collar criminals, but online media, especially right wing media, focuses on looters. Gee I wonder why....

Doesn't matter, if the person does not pose a threat, there is no moral or legal grounds to kill them. Those looters are rank amateurs compared to thieving by white collar criminals, but online media, especially right wing media, focuses on looters. Gee I wonder why....
There's castle doctrine if you're in a state with that on the books and you're in your own domicile.

But how can one survive without the following items?

sneakers
menthols
malt liquor
car stereo systems
rims
NBA and NFL jerseys
etc

There's castle doctrine if you're in a state with that on the books and you're in your own domicile.
True, but Kyle, according to his fictitious story, was in a neighboring state far from home in a sniper's nest on top of the Superdome.

They were at a bar, where the Seals gather for a yearly reunion. I would imagine if there was a fight, others would have joined in, which there is no reports. Ventura is also a pretty patriotic veteran, who may bash the leaders, but I find it hard to believe he would be reveling in the death of a solider.

I bet Kyle saw him in the bar, and jealously talked shit about him, with his buddies. I doubt he ever even talked to Ventura, but when writing a book, you gotta bring up the most famous SEAL, even if you don't bring him up by name in the book.

Jesse Ventura is a piece of shit conspiracy nut and biker trash who barely deserves the title of SEAL from what I've read.

The moron brags about being in SOF and turns around to call the government a bunch of evil conspirators.

And he's a literally a member of a criminal biker organization.

He spent his time in UDT 12 hanging out in Korea and the Philippines during Vietnam and didn't see a single round fired in anger. He didn't complete the extra training required at the time to become a SEAL, who had two teams going back to 1962.

He only did 6 years, getting out in 75. He graduated BUD/S in 70 after the difference between UDT and SEALs already existed. He got out before 83 when they reorganized UDT to merge with SEALs. Supposedly he was in reserves at SEAL Team 1, but I think what that really means is that he was in inactive reserves during that time frame.

If you don't do the training and you don't actually serve in the occupation, how can you call yourself a SEAL?

Ha, but yet it's not really weird at all when you think about it. The people that excel in combat are typically not our nicest guys. Kyle was a trained professional killer. What's weird is that people think a professional killer would be some super good guy that wouldn't dare tell a lie.

I wouldn't think he'd tell a lie that stupid simply because everyone would recognize it as a lie. Like I don't even understand how his publisher and writer didn't say something about that story or the gas station robbery story. They should have been incredibly easy to identify as bullshit.

So it's not that I don't see why he would lie, I just don't see why he would lie about something so easily proven as bullshit in a book.

I almost wonder if he had some mental illness from the stress. It's definitely not your average run of the mill lie. People don't usually lie about sniping from the Dome in Katrina. There's something really strange there.

I have known several pathological liars over a span of forty years but I am not in anyway a professional in a relevant field. Pathological liars lie so frequently without being confronted that they come to believe that they have enough credibility that people can't see that they are lying. Occasionally they go too far and someone cares enough to confront them.

I have been involved in a lawsuit where someone lied about me and sued me. I counter sued; Two years later, in a mediation hearing, I produced an audio tape of the liar admitting that they lied and that the root of the lie was revenge against me for a decision that I made that, legally, ethically, morally was correct but impacted the liar, which is exactly what my countersuit alleged. Even with an audiotape of the confession, and their lawyer's advice, it took them one year to admit in writing that the entire lawsuit was bogus. It was only the direct threat of a perjury trap that made the liar concede. The liar didn't want to testify in court to the lie with an audio tape, that they acknowledged as genuine, in their own words confessing the lie and the motivation. A witness list of a half dozen people who the liar had told a completely contradictory story, the truth, didn't matter to them. It was arrogantly mocking me on a telephone call, that I was recording, that stopped the liar.

Here's a lie that the same person told in the 1960's, forty years earlier, to give an example how pathological liars operate. One of the liar's classmates in high school needed an emergency appendectomy. The classmate lived in the same neighborhood and no one else from school knew about the emergency appendectomy. The liar went to school the next day and told enough people to start a rumor that the classmate had traveled to a neighboring state to have an abortion (this was illegal in 1962/1963.) The liar added that the classmate's cover story was that she was in a hospital twenty miles away having an appendectomy. When the classmate returned to school, people slyly asked her where she had been for a week. She told them the truth that she had been in a hospital twenty miles away having an emergency appendectomy. People thought to themselves that just as predicted she was using the appendectomy cover story for the abortion. The liar and the classmate both have passed away in the last decade. In my sleepy little town there are still people who believe the lie and were undoubtedly talking about it as they read her obituary. A normal person would think that the classmate will prove that they were in the hospital for an appendectomy - like showing a scar. The classmate traced back the lie and found out who the liar was but you can't put the lie-genie back in the bottle. The lie has a life of its own and takes so much effort to counteract that the victim often appears overzealous, to people unaffected by the lie, and the overzealous efforts reinforce the perception that there must be some truth in the lie to people who are inclined to want to believe a lie about the victim.

This liar never fully realized that in a town of 5,000 people, when the liar was 60 years old, that most people knew that the person was a pathological liar. The person ran for public office and received less than 28 votes. Only then did it become clear that people weren't being fooled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back