Jermain Taylor Facing Up To 54 Years in Prison

• Thread starter AronaBeatsJones
  • Start date
Go figure, a guy addicted to pots doing reckless things. Cant believe we are trying to legalize such a harmful drug.

crazy how human beings can see things so differently, pot's legal here in seattle, worse thing they could do is encourage a bunch of fuckups to smoke even more and without repercussions. i don't think you guys are that serious about pot being so bad though, i hate it but it's got nothing on a lot of other drugs, alcohol is much, much worse and it's been legal most of the time.

I was OK with the whole thing until I read he possessed marijuana. Lock this guy up.

Hahah I agree Seano.

On a more serious note. It's pretty obvious this guy has some kind of brain damage. He was never this type of person until he got into some wars and took a ton of punishing blows to his head. He really needs medical attention.

that's what i said too, i said it about many boxers who change, shannon briggs being a big one these days. however, him being a boxer and being black, unfortunately does not bode well for the justice he gets. riddick howe tried to use the brain damage thing too but it didn't work. lots of boxers change, meld rick taylor raped some woman, many many more. so, anyway, depends on who is doing the judging, about fifty percent of the people will say a man is always responsible for what he does, the other fifty say environment did it.

Did you read all the things he actually did? He is getting off easy because in exchange for the guilty plea the prosecutor is allowing a judge to determine his punishment rather then a jury and knocking off an added 10 year sentence for committing crimes in front of children.

Here are some highlights.

• Aug. 26, 2014, second-degree battery and terroristic threatening for shooting Hinton and threatening the life of his son, Aharon Coley of Little Rock, at Taylor's 39-acre estate outside North Little Rock and Maumelle.

Prosecutors said the men argued about Taylor's training and that the boxer went into his house, got a gun, went back outside and started shooting at the men, injuring Hinton, of Jacksonville.

• Jan. 17, terroristic threatening and five counts of aggravated assault for putting a gun to the head of Thelton Pegro Smith and firing the weapon around Smith's wife and three children just after Little Rock's annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. parade. Taylor had gotten angry after one of the Smith children, who had been allowed to hold Taylor's championship belt, dropped it. The incident occurred in the 1700 block of Wright Avenue where Taylor owns a gym. He had a small amount of marijuana in his pocket when police arrested him.

• May 13, second-degree battery for inflicting serious injury on Jason Isaac Condon while the men were in a drug rehabilitation program. Condon was knocked unconscious and suffered facial fractures. The men had been sharing a cabin at the Oasis Renewal Center on Cooper Orbit Road in Little Rock.

After all that shit it's still possible the judge could just give him probation so lets not feel too sorry for him.

I know what he did.. I don't think putting your life in the hands of a judge is getting off easy considering..

My problem is this: A murderer can get out in 25 years.. sometimes less.. and that's for 1st degree.. second degree can be as little as 10 years.. Jermain did some fucked up things, but he didn't kill anybody... a child rapest can get out of jail in as litttle as 3 years... Jermain did some fucked up shit... but nothing that fucked up..

It's not about feeling sorry for Jermain Taylor.. he's a fucking idiot.. It's about recognizing that the system is fucked up.. and that JT is getting stuck because he's famous.. and I hate to say it.. but you can look at the stats... because he's black. If he were a white guy, his chance of getting stuck like this would be much less.

Lol is everyone's sarcasm meter broken today or what.

And before you answer, a sarcasm meter is not an actual object.

Rubio avatar makes you question if he's being sarcastic or not... I mean, vote for who you want, but, typically, republicans are very unreasonable when it comes to legalizing weed.. and despite running on the idea that smaller government that lets people control their own lives and make their own choices is better...

He won the IBF title while out on bond.
That's pretty awesome.

Rubio avatar makes you question if he's being sarcastic or not... I mean, vote for who you want, but, typically, republicans are very unreasonable when it comes to legalizing weed.. and despite running on the idea that smaller government that lets people control their own lives and make their own choices is better...

really is hard to tell, believe it or not, there are people who think marijuana smokers should be ostracized, imprisoned maybe even put to death. i hate all drugs pretty much but some people are ridiculous with how they demonize things. i've known them, heard em talk, so i know they exist. so, that's why i asked if you guys were serious or not. really depends on where you're coming from, if you're really a sheltered old white lady, you're probably not going to look at marijuana users too positive.

Damn

At least he won't be getting 150 years like Etienne

that's what i said too, i said it about many boxers who change, shannon briggs being a big one these days. however, him being a boxer and being black, unfortunately does not bode well for the justice he gets. riddick howe tried to use the brain damage thing too but it didn't work. lots of boxers change, meld rick taylor raped some woman, many many more. so, anyway, depends on who is doing the judging, about fifty percent of the people will say a man is always responsible for what he does, the other fifty say environment did it.

Come on Mozfonky. If you read some of the stuff Jermain has been up to lately it's pretty damn obvious that he is bat shit crazy. He belongs in a mental institution.

I know what he did.. I don't think putting your life in the hands of a judge is getting off easy considering..

My problem is this: A murderer can get out in 25 years.. sometimes less.. and that's for 1st degree.. second degree can be as little as 10 years.. Jermain did some fucked up things, but he didn't kill anybody... a child rapest can get out of jail in as litttle as 3 years... Jermain did some fucked up shit... but nothing that fucked up..

It's not about feeling sorry for Jermain Taylor.. he's a fucking idiot.. It's about recognizing that the system is fucked up.. and that JT is getting stuck because he's famous.. and I hate to say it.. but you can look at the stats... because he's black. If he were a white guy, his chance of getting stuck like this would be much less.

That's funny how you know child rapists only get 3 years. when you were stalking me talking about my son. Fantasizing about my Lil boy. You're sick.

Come on Mozfonky. If you read some of the stuff Jermain has been up to lately it's pretty damn obvious that he is bat shit crazy. He belongs in a mental institution.

I think you should be since you support pedos

Most of what you said doesn't make any sense at all because you are acting like he got 54 years for his crimes. He hasn't been punished yet at all. Hell they let him go free to train for a fight under supervision while this has all been going on because he's famous. He gets to spend this christmas with his family because he's famous. Black or white or whatever if he was poor he'd be screwed but he's rich and famous so he gets treated accordingly. And like I said before when all is said and done he could get probation for all the horrible shit he did. Thus far they are giving him all kinds of breaks a normal person wouldn't.

I agree that the system is really messed up but Taylor is an example of someone getting special treatment not someone getting unfair treatment.

Most of what you said doesn't make any sense at all because you are acting like he got 54 years for his crimes. He hasn't been punished yet at all. Hell they let him go free to train for a fight under supervision while this has all been going on because he's famous. He gets to spend this christmas with his family because he's famous. Black or white or whatever if he was poor he'd be screwed but he's rich and famous so he gets treated accordingly. And like I said before when all is said and done he could get probation for all the horrible shit he did. Thus far they are giving him all kinds of breaks a normal person wouldn't.

I agree that the system is really messed up but Taylor is an example of someone getting special treatment not someone getting unfair treatment.

He wont get probation.. Id bet he gets at least 25 years.. and I only brought up race because the stats are undeniable... it's a factor in our justice system.. it means longer sentences in general..

Now, like I said.. Im not defending Taylor.. he is garbage.. but if we're going to give him a killers sentence, eventhough he killed nobody, then we should probably increase a killers sentence to reflect that it's a worse crime...

My real gripe is this.. what do we want for JT? or any prisoner... do we want to rehab them or do we just want to get them out of the way? If the problem is fixable, then we should have sentences that provide punishment and something to work towards.. Giving somebody a ridiculous sentence like 50 years, is removing all incentive to be a decent person..removing all hope.. I don't think that does anything good for our society

you're not following homeboy, i'm saying the justice system is less tolerant when it comes to black men, you know white guys and particularly white women can claim crazy shit like they ate a twinky or something and get off scott free, it's not like that for black men, i don't want to turn it into a race thing but i don't think the court will look at it as he's crazy, he's just another black guy to them. He's got some screws loose, i never said otherwise, so did riddick howe, meld rick taylor, trevor berbick and a million other fighters who changed drastically with the punishment of the sport. look out for briggs in the future, he's looking like a real loose cannon to me.

there was a brilliant white, female professor who went on a rampage a couple years ago, after she snapped, it came out that she'd killed her brother when she was 18 but that it was basically swept aside and called an accident. here in seattle, we had a woman, public park worker, stalk a boss of hers and shot him multiple times, i never kept tabs on the case but just judging by the comments in the paper, how she just needed help not jail and all this shit. it's not like that for black guys who go crazy, they are automatically "thugs" "gangbangers" "drug dealers" even when it's obvious that some of them have just had a psychotic break.

agreed.. and I absolutely despise the race card.. but this is one area where there is a difference in the way people are treated..

54 years? Let alone that he most likely has severe brain trauma as he never did things like that years ago and now it all happens at once but there are mruderers who get less. he shot his cousin but he survived at least.
Even if he doesn#t get 54 years he will most likely serve a lot more than he should and yes he probably belongs in a mental insitution it is unlikely that brain damage hasn't something to do with it

He'll get 20 years, be out in 12. Just in time to star in a movie with Yusaf Mack

you're not following homeboy, i'm saying the justice system is less tolerant when it comes to black men, you know white guys and particularly white women can claim crazy shit like they ate a twinky or something and get off scott free, it's not like that for black men, i don't want to turn it into a race thing but i don't think the court will look at it as he's crazy, he's just another black guy to them. He's got some screws loose, i never said otherwise, so did riddick howe, meld rick taylor, trevor berbick and a million other fighters who changed drastically with the punishment of the sport. look out for briggs in the future, he's looking like a real loose cannon to me.

Got you Moz. Thanks for the clarification. I totally agree. What you said is sad but true. LOL

Back