Jermain Taylor Facing Up To 54 Years in Prison

• Thread starter AronaBeatsJones
  • Start date
The people who go into boxing tend to be a little off compared to the general population. That plus brain trauma makes for the occasional face-eater.
you're right but it's usually a lovable kind of craziness, plenty of characters in and around the sport, most of them don't hurt no one outside the ring but themselves. I watched the johnny tapia bio, it was heartbreaking, as much shit as that man went through and he still managed to be decent, we didn't hear nary a story of him molesting, raping, beating people weaker than him but he was about as nutty as could be. getting hit doesn't do much good for anyone, even fighters who we don't know as being damaged end up screwy. I've read stories of sonny liston packing a backpack with bricks and running around as snot poured out his nose, it was in a nick tosches book I think and it made him sound insane. I never heard anything about sonny being brain damaged before that. it's really a gamble, terry norris sounds horrible today, and i watched an interview with Roy Jones who i'm sure has taken more abuse just over the last ten years than terry ever took and currently he sounds fine, that's not to say in 10 or 20 years he will. no telling and everyone is different.

Another athlete falling from grace. Why the hell did he plead guilty? Claiming CTE could have got him less time in the joint.

He's gonna end up killing somebody. He's a ticking time bomb. He's lost his fucking mind. Very depressing.

I still remember him walking to the ring to Phil Collins' In The Air Tonight against Hopkins. Kid had the world by the balls.
And then life happened I guess.

0718-jermain-taylor-mug-maumelle-pd-3.jpg

He seriously looks completely out of it...

I know you're joking. However, it's conceivable that a defense could be made based on traumatic brain injury from a long boxing career, if they can prove he is not all there in the head. Just saying.
I think R. Bowe did that when he "kidnapped" his wife, got off. But he also can never get a boxing lic. again, not that he should

I like Taylor...
but the funniest thing was him saying in that video "I'm never going to let another white boy beat me!".... after he had lost to Froch, Pavlick, and Abraham... it was kind like "there aren't many more white boys left TO beat you."

ike ibeabuchi maybe, sad to say I've always suspected a lot of the goofy stuff boxers do is from brain damage. Most of it's semi-harmless like when Hector Camach busted into a store and pissed on equipement but some of these guys like Taylor and Meldrick Taylor and many others seem to dramatically change for the worst. Jermaine seemed like a nice young man from his early interviews, he really did, I know people can front but I think a few concussions has him nutty.
My brother has a traumatic brain injury from a car accident and he has no impulse control and no control over his emotions.

"Fortunately" for him, he's so fucked up he can't live independently or drive or do anything basically so he has to be taken care of by my mother and I.

These boxers probably have lost their impulse and emotional control but since they aren't bound to a wheelchair and are independent adults, they can get into a lot of trouble. My mom and I have had nightmares of my brother getting into trouble.

I don't recall Jermain being a trouble maker or ex-thug but what we do know is that on top of the regular damage a boxer takes throughout a career, he also got brutally KOed by Arthur Abraham which probably changed his brain forever.

His brain is fucked. I have been saying this about NFL players who dostupid ass shit. Concussions cause a loss in impulse inhibition.

Last edited:
Another athlete falling from grace. Why the hell did he plead guilty? Claiming CTE could have got him less time in the joint.
Probably because he actually has CTE and isn't competent enough to think about that or get a good lawyer who would bring that up.

My brother has a traumatic brain injury from a car accident and he has no impulse control and no control over his emotions.

"Fortunately" for him, he's so fucked up he can't live independently or drive or do anything basically so he has to be taken care of by my mother and I.

These boxers probably have lost their impulse and emotional control but since they aren't bound to a wheelchair and are independent adults, they can get into a lot of trouble. My mom and I have had nightmares of my brother getting into trouble.

I don't recall Jermain being a trouble maker or ex-thug but what we do know is that on top of the regular damage a boxer takes throughout a career, he also got brutally KOed by Arthur Abraham which probably changed his brain forever.
ya, i always theorized that the parts of the brain that were damaged had to do with impulse control, if people did whatever idea came to their stupid brains none of us would be here, we'd all be extinct.

I think R. Bowe did that when he "kidnapped" his wife, got off. But he also can never get a boxing lic. again, not that he should
he didn't get off, he went to prison.

he didn't get off, he went to prison.
at first the judge sent him for 30days due to "brain damage" but because it went against a plea deal Bowe signed it was overturned and he did 17 months, considering he stabbed his wife in the chest he got off

That probably extended his life. Yikes, talk about someone who shouldn't have a license--you can't even understand Bowe's speech nowadays.

I think he's just a crazy dude with or without the CTE. He's a little bit hood.

I think he's just a crazy dude with or without the CTE. He's a little bit hood.

he was anything but hood up until shooting his cousin. to my knowledge no drugs, booze, gambling, womanizing, domestic violence and a very, very respectful boxer to both his opponents and to the public.

if you were following boxing back in the mid 2000s you would know that jt was hbos poster boy

all some people have to see to think "thug" "hoodrat" is a blackface, sad but true.

at first the judge sent him for 30days due to "brain damage" but because it went against a plea deal Bowe signed it was overturned and he did 17 months, considering he stabbed his wife in the chest he got off
he didn't get off, i guess he could have gotten either a stricter or a more lenient judgement, tell the truth, the legal system doesn't make much sense to me. I got a jury summons, i'm not even thinking of going.

Back