Jermain Taylor Facing Up To 54 Years in Prison

• Thread starter AronaBeatsJones
  • Start date
Riddick Bowe was always crazy.

I reckon he belongs in a mental hospital, not the prison.

He wont get probation.. Id bet he gets at least 25 years.. and I only brought up race because the stats are undeniable... it's a factor in our justice system.. it means longer sentences in general..

Now, like I said.. Im not defending Taylor.. he is garbage.. but if we're going to give him a killers sentence, eventhough he killed nobody, then we should probably increase a killers sentence to reflect that it's a worse crime...

My real gripe is this.. what do we want for JT? or any prisoner... do we want to rehab them or do we just want to get them out of the way? If the problem is fixable, then we should have sentences that provide punishment and something to work towards.. Giving somebody a ridiculous sentence like 50 years, is removing all incentive to be a decent person..removing all hope.. I don't think that does anything good for our society

I understand that and I agree that the system isn't ideal at all. Far from it actually. Like I said though so far Taylor has gotten off beyond easy and I don't think that will change when the judge eventually hands down a verdict.

As far as the POSSIBLE length of his sentence it does make sense. He didn't commit a crime. He went on a damn crime spree for 9 months. Any single one of those crimes would have been a small maximum sentence but they add up. If an average murder charge is 15 to 20 years and aggravated assault is 5 years it makes sense that the assault half a dozen times against different people adds up to a higher max then one murder.

I understand that and I agree that the system isn't ideal at all. Far from it actually. Like I said though so far Taylor has gotten off beyond easy and I don't think that will change when the judge eventually hands down a verdict.

As far as the POSSIBLE length of his sentence it does make sense. He didn't commit a crime. He went on a damn crime spree for 9 months. Any single one of those crimes would have been a small maximum sentence but they add up. If an average murder charge is 15 to 20 years and aggravated assault is 5 years it makes sense that the assault half a dozen times against different people adds up to a higher max then one murder.

sometimes a money machine, celeb or sports star gets different treatment, maybe if he'd gotten some help before this it wouldn't have gotten this far. I doubt the people who make money off of him really wanted anything to change as far as his fighting. Honestly, i think he's got some shit wrong upstairs and the longer it's not dealt with, the more crap he's going to get into.

cracky, you called taylor garbage, do you know things about him that i don't? i thought he was a decent person as a young man, never heard stories about him doing anything stupid until the last couple years, and just listening to his interviews, it's obvious his brains are shot.

Pavlik/Taylor 1 is one of my favorite fights. It's really sad to see how far these guys have fallen in the last 8 years or so. Hard to believe that Kelly Pavlik has been the lesser of the two fuck ups in this. Just sad all around. I hope they get their shit together, Taylor has definitely seemed to change since he was a younger guy.

cracky, you called taylor garbage, do you know things about him that i don't? i thought he was a decent person as a young man, never heard stories about him doing anything stupid until the last couple years, and just listening to his interviews, it's obvious his brains are shot.

Pretty much completely based on recent developments...

Pavlik/Taylor 1 is one of my favorite fights. It's really sad to see how far these guys have fallen in the last 8 years or so. Hard to believe that Kelly Pavlik has been the lesser of the two fuck ups in this. Just sad all around. I hope they get their shit together, Taylor has definitely seemed to change since he was a younger guy.

Mine too! I loved that fight.. The rematch wasn't bad either

What the fuck?

He literally tried to eat his girlfriends face?

Dude needs to spend the rest of his life in a nice private mental health facility where he gets treated well but can't keep hurting random people.

well, it was just a matter of time.

I mean, is there anyone else who has shown this much psychosis, this early???

Dude seems to be actually insane and not fit to live in the community.

ike ibeabuchi maybe, sad to say I've always suspected a lot of the goofy stuff boxers do is from brain damage. Most of it's semi-harmless like when Hector Camach busted into a store and pissed on equipement but some of these guys like Taylor and Meldrick Taylor and many others seem to dramatically change for the worst. Jermaine seemed like a nice young man from his early interviews, he really did, I know people can front but I think a few concussions has him nutty.

The people who go into boxing tend to be a little off compared to the general population. That plus brain trauma makes for the occasional face-eater.

He's been doing stupid shit for quite awhile. Give him like 4-6, with parole in 30 months.

Back