Jeremy Stephens: For sure Aldo was on PEDs during his title reign.

Well he lost sight of it but Aldo lost control of it. The sample was at that point Aldo's responsibility. Nobody but Aldo should even touch it. So that loss of control was down to Jose not the tester.
<TrumpWrong1>

Unless you're saying sample collection isn't observed.

Aldo pissed in the cup under the watchful eye of the guy sent to collect. Aldo did his part. The collector should have taken the sample directly from Aldo, tested the temp, and if that number was within range, seal the container.

Aldo tried to use apple juice as a sample

why are you all shitting on jeremy and not the one who asked the fucking question

We can only speculate. Fighters get old.

BJ Penn is one of the greatest to ever do it, and I'd bet my house he never used PEDS. His drop off was swift and it was long before USADA came around.

Sometimes these things get skewed because paper thin divisions like heavyweight and light heavy shuffle around old farts. That isn't how it works in the lighter divisions - the skill level and overall athleticism is night and day.

Yeah exactly...I always think that with Nate Mardquart who looked amazing for a while and then got old and didn’t look as amazing any more.

Based on what? That he's lost a few times now deep into his career?

Aldo would still beat Stephens' ass.

He 50-45 Frankie fucking Edgar during this era of new testing

I'm not saying Aldo is clean but he's never failed and he arguably gave his greatest performance at UFC 200.

I don't dispute Aldo getting the win, but 50-45 was BS. Aldo did next to nothing the first 2 rounds, those were Frankies.

I don't dispute Aldo getting the win, but 50-45 was BS. Aldo did next to nothing the first 2 rounds, those were Frankies.

My mistake

2 judges had it 49-46
1 judge had it 48-47

But I remember Aldo shutting him down every round

50-45 to me

Ghost boy invisible man trying to get noticed by throwing out false accusations

<TrumpWrong1>

Unless you're saying sample collection isn't observed.

Aldo pissed in the cup under the watchful eye of the guy sent to collect. Aldo did his part. The collector should have taken the sample directly from Aldo, tested the temp, and if that number was within range, seal the container.

<TrumpWrong1>

no, thats not how it works at all. the tester does not touch the sample at all. taking the sample directly from aldo would be a breach of anti doping protocol. Im surprised you dont know this.

The procedure should be:

aldo pee's in cup
aldo puts lid on cup
aldo carries cup to table
aldo selects a bereg kit, inspects it to make sure its sealed, checks serial number etc
aldo opens bereg kit
aldo takes lid off cup, pours sample into both the a and b jars
aldo then places lids on both a and b jars
aldo locks both lids with the tamper proof mechanism and ensures both are secure
aldo then places both the a and b containers inside a plastic bag
aldo then places the bag containing the two containers inside a polystyrene box
aldo then seals the box

At this point, and only at this point does the collecter touch aldo's sample container pouring what remains of his sample into a vessel to check the gravity.

at no point does the collector touch either the vessel used to pee into, or the sample jars, or anything.

so while your trump smiley may look pretty, you are completely wrong and dont even now, understand how the sample collection process works.

UNTIL THE POLYSTYRENE BOX IS CLOSED AND SEALED NOBODY EXCEPT ALDO SHOULD TOUCH HIS SAMPLE, NOBODY.

as far as the "losing control of", Aldo lost control of the sample.

The tester is trained to deal with a situation involving i) a co-operative athlete ii) the co-operative athletes representation iii) a jar of urine

when its those three things, its not hard to ensure the athlete maintains control of the sample

when there are numerous people involving themselves, causing distractions, and the athlete is clearly and wilfully trying to delay or otherwise interfere with the doping control mission its pretty much impossible for the tester to maintain constant visual contact with the sample and ensure the athlete is in possession at all times.

even the act of looking to someone as you talk to them means that you have momentarily lost sight of the sample.

EDIT: i cant actually believe youve tried to correct me on an element of the sample collection process without even understanding how the sample collection process works. dude, i thought you were smarter than that.

What about when they pour their piss on the floor to avoid submitting it?

Oh you mean nonsensical gossip?

Yeah...I don't pay attention to that kind of retardation.

Educate yourself...learn how testing actually takes place.

#fool

Fuck you, buddy.
That incident happened 100% on USADA's side.
The guy showed unannounced, the Brazilian AC was not told he would show up and upon questioning he did not even have a proper visa to do his job in Brazil.
When requested Aldo did provide the samples but was told (by his manager) to throw it away until everything was squared away. Which it was all cleared up by USADA a day later and Aldo provided all samples requested... and passed all tests.

For you to "count it against him" just shows you are a fucking piece of shit.
Agree with everything but the last part.

Dimspace is a good dude.

This was just a power struggle between usada and commissions and aldo was in the middle of it.

Claiming steroid use... SMH. Sounds salty to me. Stephens should worry about his own career and just getting a contenders fight.

<TrumpWrong1>

no, thats not how it works at all. the tester does not touch the sample at all. taking the sample directly from aldo would be a breach of anti doping protocol. Im surprised you dont know this.

The procedure should be:

aldo pee's in cup
aldo puts lid on cup
aldo carries cup to table
aldo selects a bereg kit, inspects it to make sure its sealed, checks serial number etc
aldo opens bereg kit
aldo takes lid off cup, pours sample into both the a and b jars
aldo then places lids on both a and b jars
aldo locks both lids with the tamper proof mechanism and ensures both are secure
aldo then places both the a and b containers inside a plastic bag
aldo then places the bag containing the two containers inside a polystyrene box
aldo then seals the box

At this point, and only at this point does the collecter touch aldo's sample container pouring what remains of his sample into a vessel to check the gravity.

at no point does the collector touch either the vessel used to pee into, or the sample jars, or anything.

so while your trump smiley may look pretty, you are completely wrong and dont even now, understand how the sample collection process works.

UNTIL THE POLYSTYRENE BOX IS CLOSED AND SEALED NOBODY EXCEPT ALDO SHOULD TOUCH HIS SAMPLE, NOBODY.

as far as the "losing control of", Aldo lost control of the sample.

The tester is trained to deal with a situation involving i) a co-operative athlete ii) the co-operative athletes representation iii) a jar of urine

when its those three things, its not hard to ensure the athlete maintains control of the sample

when there are numerous people involving themselves, causing distractions, and the athlete is clearly and wilfully trying to delay or otherwise interfere with the doping control mission its pretty much impossible for the tester to maintain constant visual contact with the sample and ensure the athlete is in possession at all times.

even the act of looking to someone as you talk to them means that you have momentarily lost sight of the sample.

EDIT: i cant actually believe youve tried to correct me on an element of the sample collection process without even understanding how the sample collection process works. dude, i thought you were smarter than that.
Dude, this wasn't a USADA employee or affiliate doing the testing. This was someone contracted out by the NSAC. Try to keep your responses relevant to the situation being discussed.

You claimed Aldo tried to get the tester deported. Thats a lie (and you know it). So no surprise your subsequent responses have been an attempt to mislead as well.

Your trying to muddy the waters by posting a wall of text that has little to nothing to do with what actually happened. We already know, by the tester's own words, that he himself didn't follow proper protocol. Which comes as no surprise considering not even his paperwork was in order.

Your list of how its supposed to be done might look impressive on paper but in reality we know thats not at all how it went down.

We know Aldo was asked for a sample.

We know Aldo provided a sample.

We know the tester lost the chain of custody of said sample.

But according to you, Aldo is not only responsible for doing the job of the tester, but he also oversee's the visa applications and can deny work permits and deport people from Brazil.

<mma3>

He never tried to deport a tester. As a matter of fact, Aldo and his coach stepped in and insisted that the tester, despite not have the proper paperwork, be allowed to stay in country and oversee the actual, legitimate test that was administered by qualified professionals who knew what they were doing.

The guy they sent not only had the wrong paperwork, he actually lost track of the initial sample that Aldo gave as soon as he was asked. If they would have sent someone who actually knew how to do his job, you know, maintain chain of custody of a given sample, then "that fiasco" could have been avoided.

100% truth. Layeth the smack down on these blobs. I love to watch Jeremy fight, but they need to keep the mic away from him.

Well he lost sight of it but Aldo lost control of it. The sample was at that point Aldo's responsibility. Nobody but Aldo should even touch it. So that loss of control was down to Jose not the tester.

The testers chain of custody does not begin until the sample has been split, put into bottles a and b, and both bottles have been sealed and secured.

You got owned, lol

Back