Jeff Novitzky explains how fighters are educated on importance of third party tested supplements..

Jeff Notitzky has put out a series of tweets about the whole subject of supplements and specifically third party tested supplements...

Pretty strong words from Jeff. Making it very clear that the fighters have been repeatedly told to buy certified supplements and they continue to ignore the advice.. He actually hangs the fighters out to dry a little bit here..

also shows why they still get suspensions, because despite all the warnings they continue to ignore them which means they have to bear some "fault".

When people complain that fighters are getting suspended for contaminated supplements, this is why. They are advised to only use supplements that have been tested by either informed-choice, nsf or similar, and they keep ignoring the advice.. this is why they get hit for suspensions, because hthey are deemed to be partly at "fault"

============================

DifnH4aU0AAfXXs

DifnKG2UEAAsReC

DifnMPpVsAABAPx

DifnOViV4AAkoOs

You would think someone of Jeff's stature would have a verified twitter account. Come on man...

So I gotta ask...was Barnett's stuff on that list?

Somehow people will still complain that it's USADA's fault if their tests can't immediately identify when a positive result is caused by a tainted supplement...

I've been suggesting for quite some time that some fighters probably intentionally use "tainted" products because they think they have a built-in excuse.

Novitzky is simply giving some advice to his co-workers to use NSF certified supplements to massively reduce their risk. He's a UFC employee, not USADA.

No shit. I just posted that to illustrate that USADA's strict liability stance is horseshit and has repeatedly been rejected by independent bodies.

You would think someone of Jeff's stature would have a verified twitter account. Come on man...

So I gotta ask...was Barnett's stuff on that list?
No, Barnett's supplement was not third party certified by any organisation.

Jeffs only been on twitter a few weeks, they havnt got to him yet.

No shit. I just posted that to illustrate that USADA's strict liability stance is horseshit and has repeatedly been rejected by independent bodies.

But Iain's point isnt entirely valid because there hasnt been an instance with a third party verified supplement being found to be contaminated.

So we have no idea if strict liability would apply because its never happened.

He cites the Cilic case but that didnt involve a contaminated supplement.

He claims that even if someone used a third party certified supplement USADA would still suspend them but we cant possibly know that.

Until someone tests positive as a result of a contaminated supplement that was third party tested and certfied we have NO IDEA at all if strict liabliity would apply

This would all be solved if the UFC Performance Institute got a sponsorship going or created their own supplement line specifically for UFC fighters.

If they use the Performance Institute stuff and nothing else, they have a 99.9999% chance of never having an issue. If there is an issue, it's easy to track down. If fighters waive their right to use Performance Institute supplements, ANY drug test that comes back positive will be judged harshly.

That's fair.

This would all be solved if the UFC Performance Institute got a sponsorship going or created their own supplement line specifically for UFC fighters.

Did you not read the OP.

The PI has a sponsored supplement.. Performance Inspired. Funded by WME and all their products are third party tested and certified.

Everything provided to them at the PI (For free) is certified.

If they use the Performance Institute stuff and nothing else, they have a 99.9999% chance of never having an issue. If there is an issue, it's easy to track down. If fighters waive their right to use Performance Institute supplements, ANY drug test that comes back positive will be judged harshly.

That's fair.

Time to bring back

xyience.jpg

Country breakfast flavored protein powder.

Jeff Notitzky has put out a series of tweets about the whole subject of supplements and specifically third party tested supplements...

Pretty strong words from Jeff. Making it very clear that the fighters have been repeatedly told to buy certified supplements and they continue to ignore the advice.. He actually hangs the fighters out to dry a little bit here..

also shows why they still get suspensions, because despite all the warnings they continue to ignore them which means they have to bear some "fault".

When people complain that fighters are getting suspended for contaminated supplements, this is why. They are advised to only use supplements that have been tested by either informed-choice, nsf or similar, and they keep ignoring the advice.. this is why they get hit for suspensions, because hthey are deemed to be partly at "fault"

============================

DifnH4aU0AAfXXs

DifnKG2UEAAsReC

DifnMPpVsAABAPx

DifnOViV4AAkoOs

is that his real twitter acc? don't see a blue checkmark, first i thought it was a troll.

Seriously? I can’t believe I hadn’t heard that. Learn something new everyday I guess.

Ok so why is this even an issue then?? The UFC could easily give a pseudo-mandate to fighters that if they use any supplements other than PI, they’re S-O-L.

Did you not read the OP.

The PI has a sponsored supplement.. Performance Inspired. Funded by WME and all their products are third party tested and certified.

Everything provided to them at the PI (For free) is certified.

as anyone with a functioning brain needed any more proof that this tainted supplement excuse is bullshit...

Back