Jeff Novitzky explains how fighters are educated on importance of third party tested supplements..

Somehow people will still complain that it's USADA's fault if their tests can't immediately identify when a positive result is caused by a tainted supplement...

They can. They can see when something is present in only such trace amounts as though from contamination. They don't care because they're in a fucking cult

This thread and all the USADA circlejerking is hilarious.

The entire situation will a significant number of fighters suddenly using "tainted supplements" is certainly suspect.

I'm sure in the not to distant future, we're going to be hearing a very interesting story about how athletes caught off guard with a positive test from these labs with tainted supplements, really were never caught off guard. They knew exactly what they were doing, and it's actually a part of how to beat tests today....

Who could have guessed that HGH-X would be riskier than the supplements you can buy at mainstream stores?

They can. They can see when something is present in only such trace amounts as though from contamination. They don't care because they're in a fucking cult

This thread and all the USADA circlejerking is hilarious.

You know exactly which metabolite concentration says "tainted supplements" and which says "PED user"? You probably don't even know the detailed test results of any USADA case but you are playing the pharmacology expert?

You know exactly which metabolite concentration says "tainted supplements" and which says "PED user"? You probably don't even know the detailed test results of any USADA case but you are playing the pharmacology expert?

It obviously varies from supplement to supplement, however USADA has been known to flag people for non-performance enhancing amounts. Many positive tests simply don't make any sense except as false positives.... people don't cycle off compounds completely then take one or two tiny doses right before testing. That kind of concentration is almost certainly from trace amounts in other supps.

Tons of individual positives -- many of which have since been overturned -- fit this description.

I'm not a pharmacology expert but I have some experience with PEDs and I can tell that the vast majority of people on here have no idea how they work or are detected

Last edited:
GTFOH with this bullsh*t Jeff. You know very well that fighters intentionally take PEDs and blame it on tainted supplements/drugs when they get caught.

In fact they carefully plan this out from the very beginning:

1. They decide what they want to cheat with.

2. They go and find the supplement that contains that PED but doesn't list it on their ingredients

3. They write down that supplement on their form weeks before the fight

4. Take the correct amount of the PED, so that the amount they test for matches the amount they would have taken through the supplement minus the half life of the compound.

5. Then hope and pray that the other store bought supplies that USADA then tests against also contain the non-listed supplement.

this is the stupidest shit ive ever read lmao. you cant be this fuckin dumb.

It obviously varies from supplement to supplement, however USADA has been known to flag people for non-performance enhancing amounts.

this is complete and utter horseshit..

how can you tell from the amount of something present in a urine sample how much was actually administered?

the answer is, in 99.999999999999% of cases YOU CANT

If I take 100mcg of Nandrolone today, there will be certain levels of nandralone or its metabolites in my urine...
In 3 days time there will be less Nandrolone or its metabolites in my urine
In 7 days time there will even less Nadrolone or its metabolites in my urine

If you tested me in 10 days, and you discovered a miniscule amount of nandrolone or its metabolites in my urine you have absolutely zero way of knowing if its a miniscule amount because i only took a miniscule amount, or if its a miniscule amount because i took a larger amount ten days ago.

You are talking bollocks

What USADA will on occasion say is that the "amount detected is consistent with accidental contamination" but that will be coupled with OTHER EVIDENCE. For example, dietery habits or evidence in teh case of clenbuterol positives etc.

The other exception is if you have earlier samples that are negative for the substance. That can help you pinpoijnt when it was administred and from that you can work out the likely excretion rate and determine if the levels are consistent with contamination.

But there is no possible, scientific way of establishing, purely from the levels of something in a urine sample, if it is the result of contamination or not.

It obviously varies from supplement to supplement, however USADA has been known to flag people for non-performance enhancing amounts. Many positive tests simply don't make any sense except as false positives.... people don't cycle off compounds completely then take one or two tiny doses right before testing. That kind of concentration is almost certainly from trace amounts in other supps.

Tons of individual positives -- many of which have since been overturned -- fit this description.

I'm not a pharmacology expert but I have some experience with PEDs and I can tell that the vast majority of people on here have no idea how they work or are detected

As Dimspace said, you are ignoring several important factors, most of all time. You can't know if low levels are due to "non-performance enhancing amounts" or because the guy doped three months ago. Also metabolites appear and disappear at a different rate than the PED itself, and are detected at different thresholds. Metabolites can also have metabolites by the way, making this mess even more complicated.

this is complete and utter horseshit..

how can you tell from the amount of something present in a urine sample how much was actually administered?

the answer is, in 99.999999999999% of cases YOU CANT

If I take 100mcg of Nandrolone today, there will be certain levels of nandralone or its metabolites in my urine...
In 3 days time there will be less Nandrolone or its metabolites in my urine
In 7 days time there will even less Nadrolone or its metabolites in my urine

If you tested me in 10 days, and you discovered a miniscule amount of nandrolone or its metabolites in my urine you have absolutely zero way of knowing if its a miniscule amount because i only took a miniscule amount, or if its a miniscule amount because i took a larger amount ten days ago.

You are talking bollocks

What USADA will on occasion say is that the "amount detected is consistent with accidental contamination" but that will be coupled with OTHER EVIDENCE. For example, dietery habits or evidence in teh case of clenbuterol positives etc.

The other exception is if you have earlier samples that are negative for the substance. That can help you pinpoijnt when it was administred and from that you can work out the likely excretion rate and determine if the levels are consistent with contamination.

But there is no possible, scientific way of establishing, purely from the levels of something in a urine sample, if it is the result of contamination or not.

While it is in theory possibly to confuse remaining trace amounts from the tail end of a regimen with trace amounts that were ingested in contaminated supps, multiple testing would make this highly unlikely. Deca is cycled as you know. So if you have a series of tests showing zero deca metabolites covering the period where a cycle would have taken place, and then the last test pops ever so slightly... occam's razor suggests it's a tainted supp, because if it were just the remaining metabolites from a full cycle they would have been caught, at higher levels, by the tests administered during that prolonged cycle. The only way it could be from the tail end of a regimen would be if a guy tried to fit in an entire cycle between two tests the dates of which were unknown to him. Not impossible but unlikely.

Jeff Notitzky has put out a series of tweets about the whole subject of supplements and specifically third party tested supplements...

Pretty strong words from Jeff. Making it very clear that the fighters have been repeatedly told to buy certified supplements and they continue to ignore the advice.. He actually hangs the fighters out to dry a little bit here..

also shows why they still get suspensions, because despite all the warnings they continue to ignore them which means they have to bear some "fault".

When people complain that fighters are getting suspended for contaminated supplements, this is why. They are advised to only use supplements that have been tested by either informed-choice, nsf or similar, and they keep ignoring the advice.. this is why they get hit for suspensions, because hthey are deemed to be partly at "fault"

============================

DifnH4aU0AAfXXs

DifnKG2UEAAsReC

DifnMPpVsAABAPx

DifnOViV4AAkoOs

Good post and thanks for including the quotes.

There are three categories of supplements:

1) protein and BCAA which work

2) snake oil bullshit which doesn’t work

3) snake oil bullshit with roids which works because roids

If a fucking mix of special bullshit ingredients WORKED it would be banned as a PED. PEDs are banned because they fucking work.

The entire situation will a significant number of fighters suddenly using "tainted supplements" is certainly suspect.

I'm sure in the not to distant future, we're going to be hearing a very interesting story about how athletes caught off guard with a positive test from these labs with tainted supplements, really were never caught off guard. They knew exactly what they were doing, and it's actually a part of how to beat tests today....

I think it’s alredy happening.

A Mexican supplement factory could be producing some protein shake shit with a laundry list of trace PEDs.

While it is in theory possibly to confuse remaining trace amounts from the tail end of a regimen with trace amounts that were ingested in contaminated supps, multiple testing would make this highly unlikely. Deca is cycled as you know. So if you have a series of tests showing zero deca metabolites covering the period where a cycle would have taken place, and then the last test pops ever so slightly... occam's razor suggests it's a tainted supp, because if it were just the remaining metabolites from a full cycle they would have been caught, at higher levels, by the tests administered during that prolonged cycle. The only way it could be from the tail end of a regimen would be if a guy tried to fit in an entire cycle between two tests the dates of which were unknown to him. Not impossible but unlikely.

yes, this is exactly what I said.

if you have a SERIES OF TESTS then it is possible to determine the approximate date of administration and from there you MAY be able to establish if levels were consistent with contamination.

but for that you would need very regular testing to provide that series

(Nandrolone is a really shit example because that can be detected for months it was just the first thing that came to my head).

Generally, fighters are tested about 3-5 weeks out from teh fight, and then again fight week.

So for most sensible things they are using that wouldnt be frequent enough to establish a firm administration time and therefore if the levels were consistent with contamination.

as i said before, usada will only ever say "levels consistent with contamination" when they have other evidence to show contamination.

samples alone cannot determine if something was deliberately or accidentally ingested.

but, the results of a test may corroborate findings from testing a supplement etc.

Somehow people will still complain that it's USADA's fault if their tests can't immediately identify when a positive result is caused by a tainted supplement...

yes they will cause it never jon jones fault just ask jon.

Then why allow supplements that aren't regulated? Seems like a pretty simple solution. Or maybe just acknowledge everyone uses PEDs and will blame their failed test on a known shady product.

cause people are stupid to buy stuff from other countries

Back