JDS has only lost to Stipe, Reem and Cain and people are already counting him out against Ngannou

It is the way he lost. He looked awful in those loses.

Oh come on.. I love some Black Beast too but he always was a sloppy brawler. Not saying Ngannou is a future champ as some folks here think but he is clearly more skilled.
Come on buddy, "sloppy brawler" is the very definition of HW division, what are you talking about?

Where were you guys when he was riding that 7 fight winning streak to say this? Easy to say that after he got stopped by Hunt.

But yeah "nobody was saying".... whatever.
Literally nobody ever said that Lewis was going to be a title contender.

He has a following because of his personality and the fact that his fights are generally entertaining. His flaws are obvious.

Breh

People got behind Lewis because of his funny personality, no one ever thought he was a threat to be a champion like Ngannou is.

JDS is actually the youngest guy in the top 5. If Ngannou can convincingly beat him, he should get an immediate title shot. Do Overeem vs Cain for the next title shot.

Where were you guys when he was riding that 7 fight winning streak to say this? Easy to say that after he got stopped by Hunt.

But yeah "nobody was saying".... whatever.
I can't speak for the rest of Sherdog

But lets face it, even with Edmund as his coach Travis should be able to beat Derrick Lewis.
But does ^this^ post I made before Lewis fought Travis Browne lead you to believe I ever thought Lewis was legit...Even tho I was wrong and Travis lost.

50/50 fight

Get ready to hear "I told you so" everyone

Because he seems to be shot and the other monster is on the rise.

Yes, you can't completely count anyone out but I still get a bad feeling about this.

If it's JDS before the Cain rematch I wouldn't even worry.

He was damn near murdered by all of them, it's no stretch to say he has been compromised since ufc on fox 1.

JDS looks shot. If it was the old JDS, theres no doubt who'd I put my money on.

I HATE this matchup. I want JDS to win, but I also want Ngannou to win so HW gets a new, young contender.

Fuck it. WAR JDS!!!

I'm interested to see how JDS fights against someone who isn't a big pressure fighter too. Last time was Rothwell and he beat him pretty easy, Rothwell is alot slower than Ngannou, but puts more pressure on. I wouldn't be shocked to see JDS take it to the ground, he has some sneaky trips from the clinch. I think JDS takes it, I'm not sold on Ngannou, hes good but I don't think he takes JDS quite yet. His best win is Blaydes imo who took the fight on a week or two notice, and JDS has been in there with nothing but the best the past years. Only thing that worries me is JDS fairly quick turnaround from that KO loss.

People thought the same about Lewis, that he was the future of the HW division, before Hunt retired him.
i never thought that lol. u can tell lewis was a low skilled gatekeeper

JDS is still an elite HW, but when you´re fighting guys like Stipe, Overeem, Velasquez, anything can happen and you can go to sleep at any time.

But let´s not forget Rothwell was on a great 4 fight winning streak (including spectacular victories against Overeem and Barnett, beating both in their own game!!!!!)
RequiredHandmadeArcticduck-size_restricted.gif

Ben%2BRothwell%2BKnockouts%2BAlistair%2BOvereem%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B50.gif

Before Junior beat the crap out of him.
GraciousFearfulIchthyosaurs.gif

It´s true, Ngannou is a good boxer.... but he will NOT have the TD threat or that pressure type of style that Cain and Stype have, so JDS will be more comfortable on the feet to let his hands go.

And no, Ngannou hasn´t faced real elite competition (No, Arlovski is not elite anymore)
giphy.gif

Thoughts?

Anyone can KO anyone at HW but the problem is JDS is getting caught now whereas he wasn't before.

And if Ngannou catches you its worse than most

JDS can win but I understand people picking against him

U give JDS credit for beating Rothwell but give no credit to Ngannou for beating Arlovski when Arlovski beat the shit out of rothwell in affliction

affliction was almost 10 years ago and arlovski was still sorta in his prime while rothwell wasnt nearly as skilled yet. this is 2017 -- arlovski has lost like 5 straight and isnt near what he was back then. at least JDS beat up rothwell last year lol

if ngannou beats JDS he'll get the respect he commands but until then he hasnt earned it yet. travis browne even has a shot at beating arlovski in 2017

affliction was almost 10 years ago and arlovski was still sorta in his prime while rothwell wasnt nearly as skilled yet. this is 2017 -- arlovski has lost like 5 straight and isnt near what he was back then. at least JDS beat up rothwell last year lol

if ngannou beats JDS he'll get the respect he commands but until then he hasnt earned it yet. travis browne even has a shot at beating arlovski in 2017

No shit I ordered the PPV

No shit I ordered the PPV
not sure why ur acting like its the same arlovski....its been almost 10 years and hes been knocked out plenty more times since then. he had his little run a few years ago but its over now. that win for ngannou doesnt mean shit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back