JDS has only lost to Stipe, Reem and Cain and people are already counting him out against Ngannou

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
JDS is still an elite HW, but when you´re fighting guys like Stipe, Overeem, Velasquez, anything can happen and you can go to sleep at any time.

But let´s not forget Rothwell was on a great 4 fight winning streak (including spectacular victories against Overeem and Barnett, beating both in their own game!!!!!)
RequiredHandmadeArcticduck-size_restricted.gif

Ben%2BRothwell%2BKnockouts%2BAlistair%2BOvereem%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B50.gif

Before Junior beat the crap out of him.
GraciousFearfulIchthyosaurs.gif

It´s true, Ngannou is a good boxer.... but he will NOT have the TD threat or that pressure type of style that Cain and Stype have, so JDS will be more comfortable on the feet to let his hands go.

And no, Ngannou hasn´t faced real elite competition (No, Arlovski is not elite anymore)
giphy.gif

Thoughts?

Because he doesnt fix the holes in his game. It's the same game plan every fight.

Currently wrestling with this one TS.

There so much value on JDS right now but he could be shot.

Might be one of those moments the public is wrong

The thing is once you ruin your chin, you can't get that back. It's the same problem Overeem has. Doesn't matter if he wins a fight or two...errbody know eventually someone will connect on his chin.

JDS chin isn't overeem bad yet but he's def damaged goods. Being a striker idk how many more fights he has left tbh Chances are he gets knocked out again

Because he doesnt fix the holes in his game. It's the same game plan every fight.
I know, that pisses me off too.... but you have to be able to apply that Cain or Stipe type of pressure against JDS in order to take advantage of it. And it´s not something a lot of people can do.

People thought the same about Lewis, that he was the future of the HW division, before Hunt retired him.
Lewis? Dude that got KTFO by Shawn Jordan and fucking Mitrione? Lol, he was never a top material and I was saying that from the first day.

Ngannou on the other hand looks a lot more promising.

This fight will answer everything. Is Ngannou elite, is JDS still elite, Is the JDS era really over and is this the start of the Ngannou era etc.

U give JDS credit for beating Rothwell but give no credit to Ngannou for beating Arlovski when Arlovski beat the shit out of rothwell in affliction

Lewis? Dude that got KTFO by Shawn Jordan and fucking Mitrione? Lol, he was never a top material and I was saying that from the first day.

Ngannou on the other hand looks a lot more promising.
Ohhhh, please...... Easy to say that after he lost, but when he was riding that 6 or 7 fight winning streak, he was being considered to fight for the title.

U give JDS credit for beating Rothwell but give no credit to Ngannou for beating Arlovski when Arlovski beat the shit out of rothwell in affliction
2008?????? Please try to stay in the same DECADE please.

The reason why some people aren't favoring JDS is because he definitely looks to be past his prime. He hasn't looked particularly good in any of his fights past the Cain rematches. Even the Rothwell fight. Rothwell posed no real threat to JDS outside of a lucky KO, and likely would've been finished by a prime JDS.

JDS didn't beat the "crap " out of rothwell, he did get the UD but he looked kinda gunshy

2008?????? Please try to stay in the same DECADE please.

Decade or not it still happened

Arlovski had a few impressive wins as well in UFC like Travis Browne and Bigfoot. Almost KOd Tybura in his recent fight even tho he lost a decision

Rothwell also tested positive for STEROIDS Arlovski has not if I'm not mistaken

Decade or not it still happened

Arlovski had a few impressive wins as well in UFC like Travis Browne and Bigfoot. Almost KOd Tybura in his recent fight even tho he lost a decision

Rothwell also tested positive for STEROIDS Arlovski has not if I'm not mistaken
So you want me to consider Arlovski a current top UFC fighter because he beat Rothwell in 2008?????
{<huh}

JDS has been alternating wins and losses for a while now; maybe the pattern will hold and he'll get a win next. I for one don't think he's done for as a fighter.

BUT of course this is Sherdog, the home station for hype trains, and also the place where fighters who have just lost are declared to be crap...and doubly so if they lost to Stipe. So what else can you expect but people counting JDS out?

It is the way he lost. He looked awful in those loses.

People thought the same about Lewis, that he was the future of the HW division, before Hunt retired him.
Oh come on.. I love some Black Beast too but he always was a sloppy brawler. Not saying Ngannou is a future champ as some folks here think but he is clearly more skilled.

Literally nobody ever said that Lewis was going to be a title contender.

He has a following because of his personality and the fact that his fights are generally entertaining. His flaws are obvious.

Breh

People got behind Lewis because of his funny personality, no one ever thought he was a threat to be a champion like Ngannou is.

Back