Jazz vs Metal drummers

AngryWeasel

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The argument has been going for ages.

I'm on team metal.

They do subtile stuff all while doing absolute mad powerful shit. AND feeding and empowering the track, not trying to steal the show.

Prove me wrong !

(only live accepted)

Peter Criss sucks
Eric Carr was a god.

Metal is the right answer

Jazz drummer reacting to one of the greats as far as metal goes. I'm not much for reaction videos usually but this channel is stellar. Also great for discovering new metal drummers.

Last edited:
Lives guys ... I don't give a fuck about XY talking about AB drumming.

Show the stuff

That's good but just a solo.

Easier to do some hard stuff without a song to support

Possibly the greatest metal drum track ever? He's soooo tight. Almost impossibly so. And what is he even doing at 1:20? And the way he goes flawlessly back in.

Last edited:
music isn't a sport like mma lol. something can be extremely structured and technical, and sound like shit. while something less difficult can be extremely engaging. it also depends on the rest of the music. what the drummer is playing with is a huge part of it as well.

for my money, i like(d) sean reinert, rip. he was known in both circles, and respected in each.

I like jazz influence rock drummers like Bill Bruford

Metal drummers put me to sleep, i like the guy from Mastodon though

Lars on Enter Sandman is probably the pinnacle of drumming

Don't know which is harder, but at least Metal is fun to listen to. I find Jazz a tad annoying for some reason.

I like jazz influence rock drummers like Bill Bruford

Metal drummers put me to sleep, i like the guy from Mastodon though
I like that he can sing too.
Saw Mastadon and Gojira on the same day, both brilliant.

Lars on Enter Sandman is probably the pinnacle of drumming
Terry Bozzio would like a word with that.

I miss my kit, I didn't take it really seriously because when I was learning I started getting calousses and I didn't want man hands but when I get myself situated somewhere normal again I can't wait to get it out and have friends over for a jam session again.

I'm not great, but I'm not terrible.

Back