James Toney how will history remember him?

very good fighter, but at the very best...he was just lacking...point to his shitty training and his laziness...but that was not part of his make-up

he peaked when he knocked out Nunn IMO, and i will never forget his fights against Jirov and Holyfield, but i will also remember him struggling to fuck against guys like Vinson Durham and remember Eddie Futch once said, if he applied himself properly, he would be one of the very best fighters who ever lived

technically, right up there with anyone who ever lived...but the day i saw a fat Sam Peter Ali shuffle him and outbox him made me weep a little

KOing Holyfield, one of the best heavyweights ever in his own weight class is an immense feat.
It shows how skilled he was. Who has done anything like that?

We all say that he is an underachiever, but in the end of the day, how hard can someone work is also a skill.
You have it or you don't have it. A boxer's and a professional's character in general, plays a huge role
in his success.

This is as far as he could go. In the end of the day he is still a legend and a damn tough fight for anyone in the history
of the sport.

Back