James Toney how will history remember him?

James Toney is a great defensive fighter, top 3 isn't where he lands
Yes he is, and you still didn't provide examples or arguments of why not.
I don't care if your chin is adamantium, no MW in history has had 20 HW matches without getting finished. Nor has anybody come close to finishing him in his 92 match boxing career.
No boxer in history has even come close to a fraction of that empirical proof of defensive capability.

Give a counter arguments instead of asking me every time to support with my own examples, which u end up agreeing with.
Sorry, sun, but not everybody is on meds like u. It's not the norm.
Well you forgot about Whitaker and Locche. He was great defensively, and more like Mayweather, in that they made you miss and made you pay. His offense and power were so good maybe it costs him a little when considering the best defensive fighters.

Yes he is, and you still didn't provide examples or arguments of why not.
I don't care if your chin is adamantium, no MW in history has had 20 HW matches without getting finished. Nor has anybody come close to finishing him in his 92 match boxing career.
No boxer in history has even come close to a fraction of that empirical proof of defensive capability.
That has something to do with toughness and durability too. Empirically speaking we'd need to examine the punch stat percentages.

Excellent wins. Went at it with ATGs. Amazing skills and chin. Dangerous all the way from MW to HW.

Legend.

basically how I feel.. but with the addition of the PED asterix... but you never know who is on what these days..

That being said, Toney, Bhop, Floyd, and Sweet P are my favorite boxers of all time. All pretty much tied for being my favorite, for a number of reasons.

basically how I feel.. but with the addition of the PED asterix... but you never know who is on what these days..

That being said, Toney, Bhop, Floyd, and Sweet P are my favorite boxers of all time. All pretty much tied for being my favorite, for a number of reasons.
That would make a great double header for an all-time fantasy card.

That would make a great double header for an all-time fantasy card.

lmao. I never thought that, but you are absolutely right.

Just for laughs, my other top favs are Cotto and Trinidad (also a great fight).

edit: but just to be clear, those 4 are my favorite. I love defense

lmao. I never thought that, but you are absolutely right.

Just for laughs, my other top favs are Cotto and Trinidad (also a great fight).

edit: but just to be clear, those 4 are my favorite. I love defense
Those are some of my favorites too. Cotto maybe isn't as great as the rest but he sure was exciting.

Well you forgot about Whitaker and Locche. He was great defensively, and more like Mayweather, in that they made you miss and made you pay. His offense and power were so good maybe it costs him a little when considering the best defensive fighters.
Lennox said he used to see Toney drink 2 leters of cola between sets. This was in the start of his HW run. The fact he was both an old fart and trains like shit, yet still landed KOs on HWs and never gotten Finished himself means his technique had to be polished as fuck.

actual boxing fans should remember him as one of the best defensive fighters of all time.

watching prime toney, shit was fucking art.

now i have to go watch toney HL vids, BURGER KING BABY.

I'll always remember him by his war with Jirov. One of the GOAT fights in boxing.

Aggressive, tough son of b.

Always going 100 percent including in sparring.

Dude was slick and smart.

He was also smart enough to have one of the bigger UFC paydays ever. Hilarious guy too.

Toney ate alot of shots from Jiv in their fight

And Jir went on to give Messi braim damage.

Hopefully this weekends fight being his last,how will he be remembered? Incredibly in 92 fights 77-10-3-2 47kos he was never kod or stopped in a fight.He was 1 of the top fighters throughout 1990-2005 fighting up until now aged 47.I think as great as he was,he was a fighter I believe could have been even better if he fully committed himself.
As a sacrifice presented to Randy Couture.
His boxer's blood soaked the ground of the sacred Octagon, letting all the world gaze upon MMA's superiority.

Toney ate alot of shots from Jiv in their fight

And Jir went on to give Messi braim damage.

To be fair, Mesi is clear headed and well spoken today, whereas Toney mumbles incoherently and likely is going down the same path as Norris, Quarry, etc.

Hopefully this weekends fight being his last,how will he be remembered? Incredibly in 92 fights 77-10-3-2 47kos he was never kod or stopped in a fight.He was 1 of the top fighters throughout 1990-2005 fighting up until now aged 47.I think as great as he was,he was a fighter I believe could have been even better if he fully committed himself.

He got stopped in a fight with Randy Couture :) :) :)

Back