Jamahil Hill is trying too hard to psych himself up

Gladiator24

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I’ve seen this many times before with fighters, they have a lot of nervous energy and need to release it so they act how jamahal hill is acting, trying too hard to show everyone that he’s ready, trying to mask his nervous energy and psyche himself up. If he really was as confident as he claims, he wouldn’t need to do all the theatrics he is doing. People think he’s confident, he’s not, it’s the total opposite, he seems very nervous and trying to compensate for that.

I can see him getting knocked out tomorrow

EDIT: once again your boy is BANG on the money. Even in the octagon before the fight you could see how nervous hill was.

Last edited:
I agree and that's all he really can do. He has to psyche himself up and believe in himself. That's his only chance.

He knows he is about to fight a man who was the best kickboxer on earth. He is about to fight a master level striker. Hill knows he is going up against a striker on a whole different level than himself yet Hill knows he still has a chance with his KO power. Also, Alex is a bulldozer offensively but he can still be hit. He keeps his hands low and doesn't move his head or feet much. But those are also the things that makes him so deadly. His pressure stalking style and low hands sets up his left hook so well.

Safe bet is Alex outclasses him but I also won't be totally surprised if Hill can rock Alex.

I honestly think both him and the UFC know he was kinda rushed. Also, that even if he loses he will face the winner of Jiri x Rakic so he wont be screwed. If he wins, great for him. Its not the end of the world for him if sleeps tomorrow, which I kinda expect to happen. He can ofc tag Alex and reclaim his belt, never counting him out.

It's not the worst theory I've ever heard. I mean, Jamahal is coming off a very serious injury and hasn't been inside the cage in 15 months and he's going up against a killer. Nerves don't necessarily mean too much though, once the cage door locks his instincts will kick in and he'll do what he's trained to do.

UFC knows what they're doing. Alex obviously has some star power.

There is a reason he got Jiri fresh off serious injury and now is getting Jamahal free off serious injury. Hint... it is the same reason he got a ridiculously early stoppage vs Jiri.

I'd favor either guy vs Alex if they were not coming off an injury or if UFC refs didn't fix fights. Truth be told though, because of the above reasons I'd lean Alex in this fight.

Or that's just how he mentally puts himself in a zone.. Lol not everyone is like Fedor, or Donald Cerrone or Cutelaba, Mike Perry.. You get it?

UFC knows what they're doing. Alex obviously has some star power.

There is a reason he got Jiri fresh off serious injury and now is getting Jamahal free off serious injury. Hint... it is the same reason he got a ridiculously early stoppage vs Jiri.

I'd favor either guy vs Alex if they were not coming off an injury or if UFC refs didn't fix fights. Truth be told though, because of the above reasons I'd lean Alex in this fight.
Yeah sure it's all part of the conspiracy!

Jamahal is so cringey and douchey … looks like an angry kid …. Clown

I think he has a decent enough chance with that power …. But I hope he gets slept and humbled bigtime!

Yeah sure it's all part of the conspiracy!
The conspiracy is thinking Conor cheating 19 times in cage and being allowed + Jones cheating 19 times out of cage and being allowed + all the multiple early stoppages for marketing favorites (with 0 times against marketing favorites) all actually didn't happen.

It's cool though. "It's still real to me dammit" and all for you and TKO Holdings, I get it.

I gotta agree with this. But it makes sense. Athletes who compete in one on one sports need to have a level of blind optimism .... and coming off this injury he needs all the confidence he can get. He's footwork and movement wasnt like head turning to begin with and that injury was a big deal.

The conspiracy is thinking Conor cheating 19 times in cage and being allowed + Jones cheating 19 times out of cage and being allowed + all the multiple early stoppages for marketing favorites (with 0 times against marketing favorites) all actually didn't happen.

It's cool though. "It's still real to me dammit" and all for you and TKO Holdings, I get it.
You're confusing incompetent reffing with conspiracies. Stuff like that happens all the time in prelim level fights. You're just making up conspiracies about popular fighters you don't like.

Me, he's just playing the tough guy, which everyone does. He seems to be too emotional, waaaay too much

Nah, it’s safe to say he is really hyped up for this fight…matter of fact, this is the most hyped up I’ve ever seen him.

Now if it will work for him or against…will be the greatest question

You're confusing incompetent reffing with conspiracies. Stuff like that happens all the time in prelim level fights. You're just making up conspiracies about popular fighters you don't like.
I don't dislike Alex in the slightest. I'm just not blind to fairly obvious, fairly straightforward corruption.

If I was making up conspiracies then you'll be able to list a bunch of times when marketing favorites were victims of early stoppages, instead of the reverse. Here, I'll list when the clear marketing favorites won off an early controversial stoppage purely off the top of my head:
1. Ronda vs McMann
2. Alex vs Jiri
3. Barao vs Faber
4. Askren vs Lawler
5. O'Malley vs Moutinho

Pointing out isolated incompetence on the prelims with fighters that have no draw power has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I'm talking about fight fixing done with the intent to ensure a marketing favorite advances TKO/WWE further. So if that is NOT a thing and it is purely incompetence you should be able to come up with examples of the clear marketing favorite losing due to controversial early stoppages.

Back