Jake Ellenberger reflects on knockout loss, says won’t ‘waste time disrespecting’ Mike Perry

Great interview. Never was a fan of 'Berger, but I may be now.

When he knocked out Jake Sheilds, I honestly think he was one of the best WWs in the world at that time. He could have beaten anyone that night

But dude had like 40 fights , he's declined. He needs a major step down in competition.

It's not just that he's losing, but that he's getting ktfo.

He will be fine once he gets cut by the ufc and no longer has usada disrupting his training schedule and breaking his momentum

Perry would have done the same to a Prime Ellenberger

No, absolutely not, their elbows would have landed at the exact same time, resulting in a double standing elbow ko for the first and last time in MMA history. It would be like 2 guys getting their royal flush on the river.

No, absolutely not, their elbows would have landed at the exact same time, resulting in a double standing elbow ko for the first and last time in MMA history. It would be like 2 guys getting their royal flush on the river.
false and a major reach

false and a major reach

Naw man, totally plausable, you just need to pull that stick out your ass and platinums cack out yo mouth and live a little. Double standing elbow ko. Say it with me now. Yes.....variety is the spice of UFC life dammit. Get with the fucking program puppy fresh, mark ass n****.

Naw man, totally plausable, you just need to pull that stick out your ass and platinums cack out yo mouth and live a little. Double standing elbow ko. Say it with me now. Yes.....variety is the spice of UFC life dammit. Get with the fucking program puppy fresh, mark ass n****.
Cringe

Also, the better guy doesn't always win ie GSP/Serra or Cain/JDS. Not saying Perry isn't better, just food for thought
I think Jake meant the better human being not just the better fighter. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it?

Jake sounds sensible here but he's rationalizing. All you have to do is look at his record. He's 2-7 in his last 9 fights and he hasn't won back to back fights in 3 years. Matt Brown was also tuning him up till he caught Brown with that liver kick. That was his hail Mary win. Jake's been KO'd or TKO'd 5 times in that span of fights.

This is the only rational way to look at it. It's not about 'turning your back' on a fighter, as Jake is putting it - I actually like him as a fighter and just don't want to see him hurt anymore. He got clocked and went stiff FFS.

This is the only rational way to look at it. It's not about 'turning your back' on a fighter, as Jake is putting it - I actually like him as a fighter and just don't want to see him hurt anymore. He got clocked and went stiff FFS.

Exactly! He's in the same category as Diego Sanchez to me and even Joe Lauzon. They're all guys who have been around for years and they've taken way more than their fair share of punishment. I don't really want to see these guys mumbling when they talk and having to be fed with a spoon when they're 50-60yrs old.

Jake's at 2-7 over the last 4 years, 4 of those losses being bad KOs, just got knocked out cold by a regional circuit level fighter, has fought for 12 years, over 40 fights, and isn't considering retirement? By all means, I'll pay to see him get knocked out, but he's clearly not thinking straight and trying to find a way to make the most out of his final stretch.
You were right on the money til that last sentence, which was caca doodoo in text form

I told Perry you cringed, and he laughed his ass off. He said that cringing was for triggered sjw bitches. Mentioned that he would appreciate it if you kept his name out of your posts.
double cringe

Not only a brutal force, but a wisdom has flowed through that elbow.
Ab44DXX.jpg
I like your Platinum shoops so much ...

... are you sure you don't want an invite to the Platinum Nation chat (on sherdog) ?

we just relaunched with over 100 members :cool:

I told Perry you cringed, and he laughed his ass off. He said that cringing was for triggered sjw bitches. Mentioned that he would appreciate it if you kept his name out of your posts.
<{clintugh}>

I think Jake meant the better human being not just the better fighter. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it?

I think he meant fighter, but that also is an interesting way of viewing things

I like your Platinum shoops so much ...

... are you sure you don't want an invite to the Platinum Nation chat (on sherdog) ?

we just relaunched with over 100 members :cool:

Back