Jake Ellenberger reflects on knockout loss, says won’t ‘waste time disrespecting’ Mike Perry

Ellenberger has always shown class. Wish Mike Perry could say the same.

Ref did a great job of coming in from out of the picture to make sure Jake didn't take any more unnecessary brain damage.
Yup that was my first thought too

That ref was on point

The elbow was kinda meh, visually

Very sensible comments. I don't think he has anything to be ashamed of in that fight; he did great in the first round.

If he still wants to fight then good for him, but that was a bad KO, even if nothing has showed up on the scan he should still take a bit of time off from fighting and sparring.

Better safe than sorry.

Glad to see he's fine, that was a devastating scary KO. He needs a big break tho if he decides to come back to really make sure he's okay.

aeropmp.gif

Dude, knocked jake the fuck out and then fucking danced......yeah jake, you don't disrespect PMP or he will go Staying Alive on your ass.

Not only a brutal force, but a wisdom has flowed through that elbow.
Ab44DXX.jpg
Well, beating Ellenberger is one thing, but the divine philosopher that is Perry is smart enough not to crack his eggs before they hatch

This guy has lost 7 out of his last 9 fights, and some in brutal fashion. He belongs in a place like the WSOF, if he wants to keep on fighting. UFC should let him go.

What did Perry do or say?
Perry implied that he may have ended his career in the UFC.
Which he's right about, he may of, Jake could be on the chopping block.
The narrative around Perry is that he's a douche and bully so I'm sure Jake took it harsher than it was intended.

Not only a brutal force, but a wisdom has flowed through that elbow.
Ab44DXX.jpg
The residual Platinum in Jake's skull from that elbow allowed him to communicate with God via a satellite connection!

Perry implied that he may have ended his career in the UFC.
Which he's right about, he may of, Jake could be on the chopping block.
The narrative around Perry is that he's a douche and bully so I'm sure Jake took it harsher than it was intended.
This.

People have been saying Ellenberger should retire or be dropped for a while now. Just that all of a sudden Perry said it and now its some how a horrible thing to mention.

After watching this gif a few times, I just realized that Jake had the same idea with the elbow, but Mike's just came in way faster. That is crazy. Watch Jake's arm right before Mike's crosses his face. There was just a difference in speed. Time and aging. The young lion vs. the old. Etc.

Ellenberger has never been the same since the Rory fight. He should go to Bellator.

After watching this gif a few times, I just realized that Jake had the same idea with the elbow, but Mike's just came in way faster. That is crazy. Watch Jake's arm right before Mike's crosses his face. There was just a difference in speed. Time and aging. The young lion vs. the old. Etc.
Perry would have done the same to a Prime Ellenberger

I think Jake's looking at the fan response the wrong way. People calling for his retirement doesn't mean they're turning their back on him. It just means they care about his long term health and don't want to see him take more damage than necessary. I mean, he's basically done as a contender at this point.

Back