Jack Slack "At least 10 fighters in MMA more skilled than Mighty Mouse"

Even if there are 10 people better than DJ (and that's not a bad accomplishment either) I don't think you got even 1 right. The fact that you would put a one dimensional striker who relies on excellent timing and a powerful straight left on the list is absurd.
Not having Aldo on that list puts an exclamation mark on your point.

Ugh....

<{cruzshake}>

If Mighty Mouse was on a higher weight division with same skill set he wouldn't be champ.

xE9_vb.gif

If that happened @ 155lbs + he would've been KO'd clean, TKO'd, or atleast not recover as quick.

warmotherfuckinCREEPY3.gif~original

He would've been finished in a high weight class here as well.

His skills arn't that good but since manlets hit so weak...He can survive.....Also since Manlets have unlimited gas tanks, he can spam shots/takedowns.

Manlet Fighting is basically this

f1-rc-japan.jpg

RC Cars....You don't really have to manage Fuel consumption(cardio), and if you crash(KO Power), nothing really happens.

Real fighting AKA 155lbs+ = 900hp + beast

156bb996c559f7671fbc406d10f72749.jpg

Fuel Consumption matters(Cardio) so strategy matters a lot...Any little mistake and you are out(KO power).

Sorry but RC driving isnt more skillful than F1 driving.
Lol who is faster...? Speed takes more skill, by your standard.

Saying Joanna Jedrzeczyk is more skilled then MM is fucking retarded

<{you!}>

I'll go first, no specific order.

1. Tony Ferguson
2. Luke Rockhold
3. Joanna Jedrzeczyk
4. Conor McGregor
5. Stipe Miocic
6. Max Holloway
7. Frankie Edgar
8. Dominick Cruz
9. Cody Garbrandt
10. Georges St Pierre

Remind me how many MMA fights jack has under his belt?

I love how fat bastards sit at home and tell us how it is.

TJ is also more skilled than him, but Stipe has better hands, wrestling and actually fights legit comp.. we will never see MM fight someone like Werdum or Overeem
HW is by far the least talented division in men's mma. People call it "better comp" because they are more well known names

<{you!}>

I'll go first, no specific order.

1. Tony Ferguson
2. Luke Rockhold
3. Joanna Jedrzeczyk
4. Conor McGregor
5. Stipe Miocic
6. Max Holloway
7. Frankie Edgar
8. Dominick Cruz
9. Cody Garbrandt
10. Georges St Pierre

I hope its just coincidence that you listed off a bunch of white people

Sherdog, you always find a way to top yourself. There are actually people in this thread right now arguing that Joanna, Stipe Miocic, and Cody Garbrandt are more skilled than Mighty Mouse. I'm done.

Fraud, how?

27-2 record. Title contender in two different weight classes. Champion. 11 title defenses. Suplex-armbar. 7 finishes in his last 10 fights. Now that I think about it, that user is right.

I feel like I read that a very long time ago. Does anyone have a date on this?

Depending on when this was posted, it makes quite a difference.

Speed and power....Manlets don't have much power and their speed is vastly overrated.

Jon Lineker and Dodson were both flyweights who have knock-you-dead-cold power at bantamweight. This is a nonsense argument.

The speed difference between elite flyweights and elite welterweights is an order of magnitude different.

It's not hard to be skilled with good cardio when you're the size of a child
Exactly, the best FLW should ALWAYS appear to be 'more technically skilled' than top heavyweights. It's because the laws of physics on this planet allow them to move with greater quickness and precision than those weighing more. Now, if Mighty Mouse weighed 240 lbs, would he still have the quickness and precision to fight like he does now? Of course not. That's why P4P is a joke, it's completely meaningless.

Even if there are 10 people better than DJ (and that's not a bad accomplishment either) I don't think you got even 1 right. The fact that you would put a one dimensional striker who relies on excellent timing and a powerful straight left on the list is absurd.

Conor's sense of timing and accuracy with his left has taken him a long way. That's what gets lost in these debates about who is more skilled or who's better: It doesn't matter if someone is more well-rounded, that just means they have more ways to win. Someone who is only great at one or two things can still exercise their skills in those areas to defeat the more well-rounded fighter. In that case, is the more well-rounded one really the "better" fighter? I would say no. If McGregor and DJ were in the same weight class and fought, I'd bet on Conor sparking MM out ten times out of ten. Hard to call DJ the superior fighter in that event.

He has written some quality articles, and was actually a forum member here for some time, so he's OK in my book, although I don't agree with this comment.
yeah this comment makes me lose all faith in him to be honest.

There is no one more skilled in MMA. That much should be painfully obvious.

Back