Jack Slack "At least 10 fighters in MMA more skilled than Mighty Mouse"

Even if there are 10 people better than DJ (and that's not a bad accomplishment either) I don't think you got even 1 right. The fact that you would put a one dimensional striker who relies on excellent timing and a powerful straight left on the list is absurd.

Cruz, Stipe, GSP and Cody are certainly more skilled than him. Even someone like Overeem is more skilled, the difference is that he is fighting against 240+ lbs men with KO power

<{you!}>

I'll go first, no specific order.

1. Tony Ferguson
2. Luke Rockhold
3. Joanna Jedrzeczyk
4. Conor McGregor
5. Stipe Miocic
6. Max Holloway
7. Frankie Edgar
8. Dominick Cruz
9. Cody Garbrandt
10. Georges St Pierre

Lol cody garbrandt. Who has he defended against? Same with halloway.

There are better strikers, submission artist, wrestlers, people that know distance better, but no one has yet to put all the pieces together like he has. Prime Fedor has some holes but he had the best transition game for a decade.

Why are so many people going out of there way to dismiss Johnson? seems petty at this point.

More importantly, why can't we compliment one fighter without diminishing the accomplishments of another?

If Mighty Mouse was on a higher weight division with same skill set he wouldn't be champ.

xE9_vb.gif

Not even a particularly clean shot for Dodson, who does have knock out power. Dodson is moving backwards and DJ is moving away.

Regardless if that was a KO, the rematch still happens and DJ would still be champ.

Last edited:
TJ is also more skilled than him, but Stipe has better hands, wrestling and actually fights legit comp.. we will never see MM fight someone like Werdum or Overeem

What makes Stipes competition more legit than MM's to you?

Ferguson, Khabib, Aldo, Stipe, Cruz, Dillashaw, Cody, Jon Jones, Daniel Cormier, GSP(if he shows up), Overeem, etc are all more skilled. Title defenses don't matter in a shallow division, unless you consider Ronda a top 5 of all time

I can live with this list, minus ubereem due to wrestling/BJJ not getting showcased nearly as much as his striking which is of course elite level.
I'd add Joanna champion and Max.

Lol cody garbrandt. Who has he defended against? Same with halloway.
Holloway practically cleaned out his division lol, after he’s done with Edgar he’s beaten the majority of the top five, he has a lot of rematches coming his way. Remember the dude had a fucking 10 fight win streak when he won the title

I can live with this list, minus ubereem due to wrestling/BJJ not getting showcased nearly as much as his striking which is of course elite level.
I'd add Joanna champion and Max.

Overeem is very good on the ground though. He won the ADCC qualifiers and has tons of submissions throughout his career.

Holy shit no way. This is pure and simple weight bias. There are so many fucking guys who follow this sport in a legit non casual way that are still completely SNOWED by weight=skill. Jesus fucking Christ wake the fuck up. MM is fucking unreal and to say OVEREEM has more skill than MM is fucking crazy. Bat shit crazy. MM is also more skilled than Khabib not to mention a much better professional. He's better than Stipe. He's better than Dillashaw (yes he ducked him but MM wins that fight...hope we see it.) He's likely better than Daniel Cormier too.

Hard to say he's better than Aldo who I consider an all time great, Cruz beat him but wouldn't again in a rematch and he's very close to even with GSP if not better and fuck me dead MORE exciting and GSP is my #1 all time favorite.

Holloway practically cleaned out his division lol, after he’s done with Edgar he’s beaten the majority of the top five, he has a lot of rematches coming his way. Remember the dude had a fucking 10 fight win streak when he won the title

It would be funny to have DJ and Holloway as the #1 & #2 best fighters in the world since they game together on twitch. Both definitely on their own journey to becoming 2 of the greatest.

If Mighty Mouse was on a higher weight division with same skill set he wouldn't be champ.

xE9_vb.gif

If that happened @ 155lbs + he would've been KO'd clean, TKO'd, or atleast not recover as quick.

warmotherfuckinCREEPY3.gif~original

He would've been finished in a high weight class here as well.

His skills arn't that good but since manlets hit so weak...He can survive.....Also since Manlets have unlimited gas tanks, he can spam shots/takedowns.

Manlet Fighting is basically this

f1-rc-japan.jpg

RC Cars....You don't really have to manage Fuel consumption(cardio), and if you crash(KO Power), nothing really happens.

Real fighting AKA 155lbs+ = 900hp + beast

156bb996c559f7671fbc406d10f72749.jpg

Fuel Consumption matters(Cardio) so strategy matters a lot...Any little mistake and you are out(KO power).

Sorry but RC driving isnt more skillful than F1 driving.

I give you exhibit A in the level of stupidity that exists today with MMA fans.

Holy shit no way. This is pure and simple weight bias. There are so many fucking guys who follow this sport in a legit non casual way that are still completely SNOWED by weight=skill. Jesus fucking Christ wake the fuck up. MM is fucking unreal and to say OVEREEM has more skill than MM is fucking crazy. Bat shit crazy. MM is also more skilled than Khabib not to mention a much better professional. He's better than Stipe. He's better than Dillashaw (yes he ducked him but MM wins that fight...hope we see it.) He's likely better than Daniel Cormier too.

Hard to say he's better than Aldo who I consider an all time great, Cruz beat him but wouldn't again in a rematch and he's very close to even with GSP if not better and fuck me dead MORE exciting and GSP is my #1 all time favorite.

Please break down to me how MM is more SKILLED than Overeem

Striking: Overeem is a legit kickboxer, former K1 champion with tons of knockouts, his standup is way more refined than MMs

Defensive wrestling: MM was taken down several times by a green Ray Borg, who's not even a wrestler. Overeem has one of the best TDD in the game

Offensive wrestling: MM probably has the edge on Overeem, but then again The Reem is fighting guys like Stipe, JDS, Werdum who have either elite TDD or are elite on the ground.

Ground game: Overeem is an European ADCC trials winner, where he submitted all of his opponents. I very much doubt that MM is on that level (a few subs over mid-tier UFC guys is not nearly as impressive)

Overeem is clearly the winner, he is not as "accomplished" in the UFC because he is fighting legit 240+ lbs men with KO power and is kind of chinny, which has nothing to do with skills

jack slack is talking out of his ass. and of course he didn't even name them

now, if you consider p4p, then it might be a different thing...

Please break down to me how MM is more SKILLED than Overeem

Striking: Overeem is a legit kickboxer, former K1 champion with tons of knockouts, his standup is way more refined than MMs

Defensive wrestling: MM was taken down several times by a green Ray Borg, who's not even a wrestler. Overeem has one of the best TDD in the game

Offensive wrestling: MM probably has the edge on Overeem, but then again The Reem is fighting guys like Stipe, JDS, Werdum who have either elite TDD or are elite on the ground.

Ground game: Overeem is an European ADCC trials winner, where he submitted all of his opponents. I very much doubt that MM is on that level (a few subs over mid-tier UFC guys is not nearly as impressive)

Overeem is clearly the winner, he is not as "accomplished" in the UFC because he is fighting legit 240+ lbs men with KO power and is kind of chinny, which has nothing to do with skills
Go ahead and watch back how many times YOUR BOY Overeem has been KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT and rocked repeatedly with a HORRIBLE chin. Stop it with your evidence that is ONE SIDED. He has been smoked more times than a holiday PIG. But you carry on fuck.

Back