Jacare Souza vs. Kelvin Gastelum Added to UFC 224 in Brazil (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I think Kelvin will take it and actually make it look easy.

Jacare only seems to beat washed up fighters and cans these days. Last good win was Mousasi in 2014.
oh come on. the fight with romero was dead even.

Really, really good fight. I'm taking Jacare by Sub within 2 rounds. A win here should get him a title shot.

UFC 224 now includes:

Amanda Nunes vs. Raquel Pennington (Rumored)
Jacare Souza vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Lyoto Machida vs. Vitor Belfort
Cezar Ferreira vs. Karl Roberson
Alexey Oleynik vs. Junior Albini
Alberto Mina vs. Ramazan Emeev
Davi Ramos vs. Nick Hein

The return of diaper boy!

weidman proved too strong and jacare is just as strong... so ill go with jacare

Gastelum is so overrated it hurts my eyes. Belongs right next to Cerrone and Masvidal.

Really, really good fight. I'm taking Jacare by Sub within 2 rounds. A win here should get him a title shot.

UFC 224 now includes:

Amanda Nunes vs. Raquel Pennington (Rumored)
Jacare Souza vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Lyoto Machida vs. Vitor Belfort
Cezar Ferreira vs. Karl Roberson
Alexey Oleynik vs. Junior Albini
Alberto Mina vs. Ramazan Emeev
Davi Ramos vs. Nick Hein

the top fights are becoming quite a good, enjoyable card.

We get to salute Vitor (maybe Machida as well?)
We get the (probable) next MW contender
The Nunes/Pennington fight is odd though. I mean Raquel last fought in 2016... don't they have a better contender? Dang! Just looked at the rankings, above her only Pena... who's last fight was a loss to Valentina... back in January 2017... don't these top girls fight????

Awesome fight. Lets see if Kelvin can keep this on the feet.

Kelvin is good but he is not a middleweight he is 5'9 he should really be able to cut to 170 pounds, he had even a competitive fight with the now Champion of WW, he will be able to beat older fighters or fighters that dont wrestle him but Jacare is a real MW dont see him winning, winner coukd get Titleshot after Romero.

Good fight. I think Jacare takes it

When Kelvin Gastelum KO's Jacare are people still gonna say he only beats up old men?

<36>

Great fight!

Want Jacare to win but in all honesty see Gastelum clipping him and getting a TKO. Winner to get title shot?

If Kelvin stays on his feet for the first couple of rounds I think he can get a late tko. If Jacare puts him on his back he's gonna sub him without a doubt.

the top fights are becoming quite a good, enjoyable card.

We get to salute Vitor (maybe Machida as well?)
We get the (probable) next MW contender
The Nunes/Pennington fight is odd though. I mean Raquel last fought in 2016... don't they have a better contender? Dang! Just looked at the rankings, above her only Pena... who's last fight was a loss to Valentina... back in January 2017... don't these top girls fight????

Pena is pregnant. Pennington has had a few injuries.

Pena is pregnant. Pennington has had a few injuries.
Ah! I forgot about Pena being pregnant.
but my issue is that both didn't fight throughout 2017 and remained #1 and #2 of the division... that got to be a joke!
How come other (active) fighters didn't climb the rankings? I mean, do they have other girls to climb the rankings???
UFC does such a piss poor job of keeping fighters active... they drop the ball constantly!

Gastelums rocking a 58% tdd
It doesn't seem right but on the ufc page it says Jacare has a 34% success with takedowns. Regardless I think Kelvin has the movement and wrestling to win it on the feet.

What has he ever done to deserve a title shot let alone an overdue one?

Is this a joke? Either Jacare or Romero shoulda got a shot when they ended up fighting each other in what should have been a draw. Hendo got a title shot on a 3-6 run and GSP got a shot having never fought in the weight class off a multi year layoff. You don't think Jacare deserved a shot around 2015? or even after the close loss to Romero?

upload_2018-2-22_19-8-35.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-22_19-7-52.png
    upload_2018-2-22_19-7-52.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 1
Where did Weidman go?
This. Hopefully he wants more time to recover from his injury and he's not ducking Jacare.

As for this fight, no clue who'll win. Jacare isn't as big or as good a wrestler like Weidman, but he's defensively sound so Gastelum won't be able KO him with ease like Bisping. Gameplanning and fight IQ will determine the winner.

Jacare sub round 1. Gastelum gives up his back a LOT. Watch the Weidman fight.

Back