I've Just Had An Epiphany

They are using the "Undefeated" word to draw people back in because no one cares about TUF now.

If you haven't lost you haven't fought anyone

13 years and 27 seasons. The biggest PPV draws the show has produced are Rashad Evans, Forrest Griffin and Michael Bisping. They were all from the first 3 seasons (a long ass time ago). None of whom could carry a card without a big name opponent and or stacked card.

Thread's looking good so far.

And lol at being undefeated means anything if you only fought in minor orgs before.

they still didn't scratch that shit show?

Yes. It is a "guess" based on gut feeling.
Actually an epiphany is supposed to be 1) : a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something.

So you made a guess...possibly even an educated guess , but a guess .

And my epiphany is that the next big PPV draw will be the winner of next season's The Ultimate Fighter.

For those that aren't aware, the theme of next season's TUF is "Undefeated." It'll be a male tournament consisting of only fighters with unblemished records from all around the world. What a perfect setting to find the next great fighter and the next big attraction, in my view. I mean, it may seem like a long shot, but everyone has to be discovered somewhere. Why not here? For all we know this individual may even eventually become known as the greatest fighter of all time. That's right, gents - The one and true GOAT that you nerds always debate about may actually be arriving in the flesh soon. Stay tuned.

haha nerds

Georges+St.+Pierre+Cartwheel+UFC+154.gif

Actually an epiphany is supposed to be 1) : a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something.

So you made a guess...possibly even an educated guess , but a guess .

When you get a sudden feeling or revelation about something based on a gut feeling/deep insight, that's an epiphany... Whether the feeling turns out to be accurate or not.

Most of the time it is, but next season's theme sounds interesting at least.

Yeah, except when they say they bring in "fighters from all over the world" it's probably 16 american dudes + 4 american dudes with mexican or brazilian background.

I'd be surprised if it was different, this time. Also somebody already mentioned - why not bring in LHWs or HWs? We need those.

3-0 might be too early imo, fights on TUF are exhibitions right? So anyone of them would still be "undefeated" after the show, with the same record, right? 3-0, joining the UFC in the mid sized divisions means absolutely nothing, they might fight a legit prospect tho, Garbrandt joined the UFC with a small record as well.

Back