"It's kinda ridiculous that they still do this." (Cutting Weight) - Rogan

He's got a point- we would see more exciting fights if everyone fought at their natural weight.

What I'm talking about isn't even whether or not this or that opinion is irrational. It's how emotional and invested some people get about it.
A lot people are nerds to certain things and are passionate about it but eh that's what people into

A lot people are nerds to certain things and are passionate about it but eh that's what people into

I'm passionate about MMA. And, while I was younger I got super heated about it, these days I don't give much of a much. I'll discuss it, but I don't blow my load when someone says something I disagree with. Maybe there's a correlation between people like the OP and youth. I'm not sure.

Yes Mcgregor MAY be average height at 5'9"
But he's a skinny anorectic, no muscle at all
He cuts from 167lb to 145, not that big a of a deal

Porier has some muscles while Conor doesnt, same fat % = SAME SIZE

64f50j.jpg

2i8u15s.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Cormier didn't beat the champion to begin with.

To be the man, you've got to beat the man.

Wooo.

Jones wasn't the champion anymore. When he was stripped there was only one person to beat, and that was Rumble.

Lol he beat the GOAT featherweight in a matter of seconds he clearly deserved to be the champ.

I actually think picking him apart in a couple of minutes would be better than landing one shot and a lot of people think the same... See Matt Serra and JDS. I'm not saying McG couldn't do it again, just like Matt Serra could probably KO GSP on this very day.

Jones wasn't the champion anymore. When he was stripped there was only one person to beat, and that was Rumble.
He had his chance:

UFC-182-Event-Ad-UFC-VIP-Experience.jpg

All that being said, I think Cormier wins the rematch. But to call McGregor any less of a champion than Cormier is a ridiculous notion, when McGregor clearly defeated the previous titleholder (and in spectacular fashion, no less).

This idea that "you're not a champion until you defend the belt" is a fictitious claim made up by Matt Hughes to discredit other champions (BJ Penn in particular) while he was the welterweight titleholder.

He had his chance:

UFC-182-Event-Ad-UFC-VIP-Experience.jpg

All that being said, I think Cormier wins the rematch. But to call McGregor any less of a champion than Cormier is a ridiculous notion, when McGregor clearly defeated the previous titleholder (and in spectacular fashion, no less).

This idea that "you're not a champion until you defend the belt" is a fictitious claim made up by Matt Hughes to discredit other champions (BJ Penn in particular) while he was the welterweight titleholder.

No one is saying McGregor wasn't champion. He absolutely was. But he wasn't "more" of a champion than someone who does what champions do, which is defend the championship against contenders.

Kudos for going after "the money" and chasing dreams, but McGregor clearly had no intention to defend that title. If he intended to do so he would have done so.

Eddie supposedly claimed Conor walks around at 182 pounds in that video. How does Eddie even know that exactly? Not 180 but exactly 182. I'm just curious.

Eddie said that he himself walks around at 182, not Conor.

They've been cutting weight since weigh-ins started. It's not going to stop until they end weigh-ins. Pro athletes all have different bodies and different body types, and their "normal weight" will never be exactly the same as anyone else's. If both fighters agree to a fight and agree to make the same weight, that's a decision they've chosen and should be held responsible for - it's no one else's right to tell them what they have to do, so long as they both agree to the same rules, it's a fair fight. Period.

Back