It's distasteful to me that GSP has no interest in fighting Woodley

GSP can fight whoever he wants. One of the best ufc champs of all time and at an older age. Let the man do what he wants...

GSP vs Woodley will happen....but at LW once GSP becomes of a 3 division champ and fights Conor and/or Khabib. The fight will be a blockbuster around Summer 2020. Woodley may or may not be WW champ at this point in time but he'll have an opportunity to be a 2 division champ. Bump this post when this happens.

Woodley would lose most of his power at LW. Because he’d have to surgically remove his ass.

Which is exactly what this thread is criticizing. His own interests in avoiding Woodley to fight weaker competition.

And your criticism is unfounded because GSP has nothing to prove. He defended that title 9 times and left the division. He has no reason to do anything other than what he wants

Anderson was before gsp time duphis and i remember gsp rain long and boring pillow hands and lay n pray he built those terms then guy who decisions everybody...wait the clock gsp
Gsp has 12 defences even though many dont consider the hendricks one witch is why hes ww goat hughes only had 4 and hes was second now woodley has 4 hes second if woodley defends 7 to 8 more times not likley at his age hed be the ww goat unless gsp fights him witch wont happen .. But if gsp loses to conor ill throw all gsp goatness out the window and give it to tyron. Because mcgregor will duck him just like gsp

When has gsp ever done lay and pray

Can someone point me to gsp saying he wants Connor or Khabib?

Last I read was GSP saying people were making assumptions .

So if he loses to Woodley, people want to crown Woodley as the WW GOAT even though GSP is well past his best. It's a stupid risk at this point. If he was still WW champ the fight would be on. GSP never ducked anyone at WW as the champion. But he can pick and choose now. He has earned it..

I think it's fine if he picks and chooses outside of title fights. If he wants to fight at the elite level then it should be at his weight class. No sense in him messing with titles in other divisions like he did at MW.

And your criticism is unfounded because GSP has nothing to prove. He defended that title 9 times and left the division. He has no reason to do anything other than what he wants

He has nothing to prove but you think it's cool if he fights for the LW belt? Really?

This "do what he wants" line people keep using is nonsense. There are a lot of legends in the sport and there should be rules on what you can and can't do even if you are a legend. Getting free title shots out of your weight class should be one of those rules. Especially when you keep talking about retirement.

GSP gets a shot at the MW belt but no one cares if he can take the WW belt or not? That is so stupid.

Sure he does. Woodley would be his toughest fight ever, they're both the same age, and GSP himself said he's as good as he's ever been, so he's not out of his prime or at least, not that far out of it. Why not settle the WW goat argument? Why move up a weight class for just one fight? He ducked Romero, Whittaker, and now he's ducking Woodley, that's a fact. Just like he ducked Anderson for 10 years. He has every right to duck middleweights, but why go up and fight for the title because you perceive the champ to be weak and then vacate? It's bitch made stuff. And Tyron is a WW in Georges natural weight class, there is no reason to duck him.

same age doesn't mean anything. gsp is not in his prime. technically and skill wise he may be better than before, but physically he's declined.

he's slower, less movement, less explosive, slower reaction/reflexes...also gsp has way more miles on him that woodley.

its like if you take two vehicles both made in 1990, one engine has 60,000 miles, the other has 120,000 miles...one vehicle is not going to perform as good. Woodley has also been active on the roster and has no ring rust. even though gsp fought bisping thats been his only fight, prior he had been out over 4 years so that plays a factor sometimes.

point being gsp has nothing to prove, just because woodley is champ doesn't mean shit. you can't keep expecting a fighter who once dominated to keep coming back and fighting the new breed or the new champ, especially in gsp's case where he dominated so long and nobody is on track in matching or surpassing what he did in the ww division anyways.

He has nothing to prove but you think it's cool if he fights for the LW belt? Really?

This "do what he wants" line people keep using is nonsense. There are a lot of legends in the sport and there should be rules on what you can and can't do even if you are a legend. Getting free title shots out of your weight class should be one of those rules. Especially when you keep talking about retirement.

GSP gets a shot at the MW belt but no one cares if he can take the WW belt or not? That is so stupid.

none of what you say has anything to do with gsp. He does not run the UFC and therefore is in no position to enact or abide by any rules regarding title shots. as it stands, he got an opportunity, good for him

none of what you say has anything to do with gsp. He does not run the UFC and therefore is in no position to enact or abide by any rules regarding title shots. as it stands, he got an opportunity, good for him

What GSP does has nothing to do with GSP?

upload_2018-9-18_23-26-49.jpeg

Gsp is cherry picking fights at this point in his career, and woodley is a really tough fight. It’d be cool if he did it, but I don’t blame him for not wanting to fight Tyron, especially because he’s not a huge draw

What GSP does has nothing to do with GSP?

View attachment 438237

sorry, think i was on my way home as i posted that, let me rephrase.

GSP has nothing to do with the rules or lack thereof regarding title shots. He didn't give himself a title shot, the ufc did. He simply took advantage of his opportunity

sorry, think i was on my way home as i posted that, let me rephrase.

GSP has nothing to do with the rules or lack thereof regarding title shots. He didn't give himself a title shot, the ufc did. He simply took advantage of his opportunity

That's really just stating the obvious. I have criticized the UFC on their lack of policies as well. I still don't see how this contradicts the main point of the thread that GSP is actively avoiding fighting Woodley but would be fine with fighting Khabib. The UFC has not stated that they want to give him this fight. He is campaigning for it so why can't I criticize that?

That's really just stating the obvious. I have criticized the UFC on their lack of policies as well. I still don't see how this contradicts the main point of the thread that GSP is actively avoiding fighting Woodley but would be fine with fighting Khabib. The UFC has not stated that they want to give him this fight. He is campaigning for it so why can't I criticize that?

you can criticize him all you want, but he is under no obligation to do anything other than what he wants.

He could cut down to 155 with 6 months training. The guy is a Manlet.
Gsp made him look 2 fookin’ weightclasses smaller when they were together on that sports show before the bisping fight.

If George can do it Woodley can.

Hell, it’s possible kahib is ACTUALLY bigger than Woodley.

GSP knows it’s a stylistic nightmare matchup for him especially at this stage of his career

Back